Author Topic: So... what title would you do next?  (Read 11500 times)

Nick Richie

• View Profile
Re: So... what title would you do next?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 01:23:14 am »
Hello,I'm new here,
maybe the silent Paul terry aesop's fables from the 1920s might be a good idea
Like some of the film prints could be from their original 35mm negs or maybe tv prints.

jsrstereo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:25 am »
I'd love to see a Scrappy collection.  Are any of these PD?

FleischerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
Keep in mind, Steve did ask us what we would like to see if licensing could be obtained.

In the case of studios like Disney, Warners or M-G-M, that seems unlikely as the rights holders are very active in home video.

However, in the case of many of the other studios: Fleischer/Famous, Terry, Columbia, etc. that might be more do-able.

So while we're on the subject:

A collection of non-Woody Woodpecker Walter Lanz cartoons!
"Always pleasant journey which ends among old friends." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

jaboschen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:41 am »
I love the Cultoons DVD's; you can't go wrong woth a DVD set that showcases films from Ted Eshbaugh, Cartoon Films Ltd. Audio Productions, Jam Handy Organization, Caravel Films, etc.  A DVD set which showcased Theater and Drive-In ads, PSA's, announcements, etc. would also be pretty cool as well.

In terms of material that would require licensing, those cartoons that were made by the Soyuzmultfilm studio over in Russia, and the French cartoons by Paul Grimmault (like "Les Passagers de la grande Ourse") come to mind, and maybe the George Pal material.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:02:23 pm by jaboschen »
My Website: http://www.boschenindustrialcinema.com
Check out my 2011 Documentary "Waltham's Watch": http://vimeo.com/26551740
My on-line Video Portfolio: http://vimeo.com/26551740

Sinbad75

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:55 pm »
Second on a "Scrappy" disc.  I know Steve has many great prints, so let's get them cleaned up a little, and out on Blu-Ray!!

Professor Bluteau

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »
A definitive set of the Fleischer features would be very nice indeed, Steve.  Also, anything from studios that are currently under-represented on DVD goes without saying (e.g. Columbia, as has already been mentioned).

But I'd like to add my voice to the Betty Boop calls. It may not be the ideal way to work, but if this Olive Films collection does indeed come to pass, it would be great if you could react to that release and produce an unofficial "companion" set, filling in as many of the holes that they leave as possible.

Or, just whatever you can get hold of will do for me.  :)

raginggoodfella

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 03:40:58 pm »
I like to see: 1.  another  tv commercials dvd   2.  world war 2 cartoons from the axis side   3. Columbia cartoons dvd  4. any pd cartoons from WB or MGM

Bob K

• View Profile
Re: Since You've asked...
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »
I've always been a big fan of your CULTOONS series, so, yeah, more of those.

Craig D.

I agree with Craig about the "Cultoons" which I have enjoyed since the "Snappy Video" VHS days.
A grab bag of rare, strange cartoons is always welcome, and I might like another of those as much as a more strictly-themed set from a particular studio, etc.

Also, I would like to see more B&W Flesichers avaiilable, although I know there are some nice "Out of the Inkwell" sets already out there from Ray and Tom. I would like some Talkartoons or Bouncing Ball shorts.

Cdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »
I'd like to see some of the Warner Brothers Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies that WB isn't interested in releasing. I still have a lot of toons in that lousey Korean colorized frames missing condition like Sioux Me, Jeepers Creepers, Porky the Giant Killer, Africa Squeaks, Calling Dr. Porky, Sweet Sioux, The Henpecked Duck, Porky's Midnight Matinee & The Coy Decoy etc...

wundermild

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 06:48:47 am »
The world desperately needs a Scrappy Blu-Ray/DVD. If an agreement with Columbia could be reached, this would be awesome.

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »
I have the feeling that TCM is going to do a Scrappy DVD after the success of the UPA DVD (which I still don't have yet).  Besides, there a reference to Scrappy to the recently redesigned DCA.  I'm not kidding.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:51:02 pm by NicKramer »

Der Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:21 am »
Screen Gems Cartoons - both color and B/W. And while we're dreaming, the Fox and Crow should get their own separate disc.  :fox: :crow:

Professor Bluteau

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »
Actually, now I come to think of it, how many Frank Tashlin cartoons are in the public domain (across the various studios he worked for)? Enough for a set?

Could be some mileage in doing DVDs according to director rather than character or studio...

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »
Actually, now I come to think of it, how many Frank Tashlin cartoons are in the public domain (across the various studios he worked for)? Enough for a set?

Could be some mileage in doing DVDs according to director rather than character or studio...

I think there's at least five and some already have a proper restored released.

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »
I have the feeling that TCM is going to do a Scrappy DVD after the success of the UPA DVD (which I still don't have yet).  Besides, there a reference to Scrappy to the recently redesigned DCA.  I'm not kidding.
   DCA?  What's that?