Author Topic: Rare Looney Tunes VHS discovered!  (Read 1934 times)

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
Rare Looney Tunes VHS discovered!
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:52 am »
Yesterday I went to my local library as they were having a used book/music/video sale, and I found an amazing discovery! I found a Golden Book Video entitled: "LOONEY TUNES - 3 STORIES" from 1985, and it features the stories "Bugs Bunny's Carrot Machine," "The Road Runner - A Very Scary Lesson" and "Tweety Plays Catch the Puddy Tat." All are adapted from the Golden Books of the same names.

It has Mel Blanc in the voice cast (and he is amazingly CREDITED for a change), but different people do the story narrations. The Road Runner in the "Very Scary Lesson" (whom talks and has three nephews) is voiced by a woman, so is his nephews. Wile E. Coyote talks, too, with his voice sounding like in "The Adventures of the Road Runner." Mel Blanc also did his famous "cwappy Elmer Fudd" voice for the first story.

It was done in the cheesy partial animation style Golden Book Videos were famous for, had none of the old Looney Tunes sound effects (but plenty of Hanna-Barbera sound effects for some reason!) and the music was just generic KPM stock music tunes (including ones from "Ren and Stimpy!") They also made Tweety sing a parody of his famous song, with sing-along lyrics appearing on the screen, and they also had a corny song with Wile E. singing, "I'm a foul crafty wiley Wile E. Coyote!" (also with singl-along lyrics) This video must be super-rare!

I have uploaded the cover artwork, AND the program on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC_bcd2NaQA
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:50:03 am by wiley207 »

David Gerstein

• View Profile
Re: Rare Looney Tunes VHS discovered!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »
A shock for the IAD/GAC "community": a really GOOD joke—thanks for the effort!

King Delbert

• View Profile
Re: Rare Looney Tunes VHS discovered!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:18:57 pm »
Well made VHS cover.  Good job!!!!!!!