Author Topic: Speaking of DVD sets...  (Read 3079 times)

Thad Komorowski

• View Profile
Speaking of DVD sets...
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »
If anyone is still interested in purchasing a complete set of WB cartoons, just message me.

Tom Stathes

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of DVD sets...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:26:06 am »
Can I please have your Technochrome print of Silly Goose, I am thinking of doing a DVD like Thunderbeans'

zavkram

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:19 pm »
Why stop there? I'd love to see an "Aluminum Edition" of all the Ted Eshbaugh cartoons; including the English and Hindi versions of "Goofy Goat Antics".  ;D

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »
I have a real question, although I'm not sure if I already asked this.   Are all the black and white cartoons unaltered in your set, as in no added color?

zavkram

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:11:40 am »
OK, I apparently misunderstood... I had initially thought this this thread was a parody; hence the nature of my earlier post.

Would such a set of WB cartoons be in chronological order, or perhaps sub-divided by director from the late 30's onward?

Thad Komorowski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »
Anyone interested?

Sogturtle

• "People Get Ready" (song)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:12:35 am »

Speaking as one who has seen it, tis really a great set!
  8) :bugs2: :bosko: :daffy: :dodo: :fudd: :yosemite: :coolcat:
[By the way your color stills from Columbia's "Cockatoos For Two" were wonderful! But hey, you know that already].
     (Now if I could just get a copy in any form of the Columbia faux-Daffy :daffy: "Wacky Quacky" (by Alex Lovy and written by Cal Howard) to go along with Columbia's faux-Sylvester :sylvester: "Up 'N Atom" by Sid Marcus, then this Turtle would feel a tad more complete :P).

Thad Komorowski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:15 pm »
Thanks, Tim. Hey, check your mailbox!

wundermild

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »
For me, Thad's WB cartoon set has become an extremely valuable quick reference. Also, if you want to support this man in locating more rarities and oddities (or even pieces of mosaics only), getting the set will help greatly, I'm sure.

dnestorjr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 10:22:13 am »
How can I get a complete set Thad? & I'm not sure if you and Sogturtle remember me from goldenage, but hey good to see ya guys, I been busy with my own kids lately & havent been on forum scene for a while, now I am trying to get them interested in some classics.

Sogturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »
How can I get a complete set Thad? & I'm not sure if you and Sogturtle remember me from goldenage, but hey good to see ya guys, I been busy with my own kids lately & havent been on forum scene for a while, now I am trying to get them interested in some classics.

Hey Dnestorjr~

Nice to see ya here!  You'll enjoy the complete set from Thad, and your kids will likely come to love them.  :bugs:
[The complete set is a heck of a lot more fun to watch than the output of some studios that's for sure :-X].
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:42:45 pm by Sogturtle »

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »
I wish you left UPA out of this discussion, especially since some of us waited this long for a DVD release of their theatrical output.

Sogturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »

NicKramer~

Hmmmm... Didn't mean to offend anybody, but then again I didn't REALLY mention any particular studio, just SOMEHOW that lone emoticon "snuck" ::) in there. And honestly the Turtle debated putting a couple different studio's emoticons in there, so the one you mentioned wasn't alone in the 'less than fun category' (to moi). Though I mentioned in the other thread that I'd ordered and gotten the aforementioned studio's new set (just to supplement the "Garage Sale" set with ones that are 'farm-fresh').
 BUT to avoid further offending I'll ax out the offending emoticon... :)

DDC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 05:31:36 am »
I will also highly recommend this set!!