Author Topic: YouTube Thread, Part 14  (Read 85152 times)

The Dogfather/Toadette

• I'm an animatophilic shroom-girl!
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube Thread, Part 14
« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2014, 03:09:27 pm »
Ted Eshbaugh "Wizard of Oz" from 1933

Why must people feel the need to upload and watch cartoons that are available from Thunderbean's sets? Mr. Stanchfield deserves the support.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:01:06 pm by Toadette »

ParamountCartoons

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2014, 03:25:35 pm »
Ted Eshbaugh "Wizard of Oz" from 1933

Why must people feel the need to upload and watch cartoons that are available from Thunderbean's sets? Mr. Stanchfield deserves the support.

Because they are too lazy to buy the sets or can't find the discs. No offense to Steve, but I was that way with seeing remastered LT cartoons on YouTube (as well as "Animaniacs" clips) because they were just too expensive (I'm looking at you, Golden Collections)

But yeah, Steve's DVDs are less than $20 on Amazon, it's best to be patient, buy and wait for a copy. If you're dying to know whether the DVD copy has original titles, read reviews and forums, and in Thunderbean's case, ask Steve.

This will make you think: If Steve acted like a Hollywood executive and ordered all of his DVD prints to be taken down on YouTube for DMCA notifications, would you think he's evil?

It happened to Viacom, so would it happen to Steve?

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2014, 06:53:12 pm »

Idiots like this don't truly appreciate the time and money Steve (and others who make high-quality releases) has spent to make these films available in high quality. They feel entitled to do what they want simply because the films are public domain.

I'm in favor of the link to the YouTube upload being deleted. Those uploads don't deserve the publicity.

SockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2014, 07:58:35 pm »
I replaced the link with a public domain copy.   :shame:

I didn't mean to offend Mr. Stanchfield, which I wasn't thinking when I posted the YouTube link, which I should've posted a faded print or another animated Oz related clip, which I posted since I watched the 1939 movie. I just wasn't thinking.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:24:59 pm by SockPuppet »

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:35 am »

I didn't mean to offend Mr. Stanchfield, which I wasn't thinking when I posted the YouTube link, which I should've posted a faded print or another animated Oz related clip, which I posted since I watched the 1939 movie. I just wasn't thinking.

I don't think it was your fault.  I think they were talking about the user who uploaded it. 

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2014, 12:57:58 am »
Don't you think it's better though for someone to upload a high-quality version (from Stanchfield no less!) on Youtube rather than a crappy PD quality version? Seriously, who wants to see the latter? I think you guys are seeing this through the wrong light.

The Dogfather/Toadette

• I'm an animatophilic shroom-girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:13 am »
The problem is that Mr. Stanchfield has made his wonderful version available on Blu-ray, for less than $20, yet people still skimp on him and upload it so that people can watch it for free, no cost at all, on their warm computer sets....and Mr. Stanchfield doesn't get the money he deserves for his restoration work.

If people want previews of the set, then they should watch this.

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 26, 2014, 02:49:54 am »

I don't think it was your fault.  I think they were talking about the user who uploaded it. 

Yep.

Hey Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 26, 2014, 10:41:47 pm »
Gumby Dharma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVpRxUwi8U

Finally! I thought it was a good documentary piece on the life of Art Clokey since there were aspects about Art's life I didn't know until now. It also explains why the 1967-1968 batch of Gumby episodes don't get as much recognition as the ones from the 1950's and early 1960's. Those 1967-68 Gumby episodes, for the most part, didn't have Art's involvement. With that said, it makes complete sence that none of the 1967-68 episodes were ever acknowledged by Art as being among his favorites.

Also, it is clearly obvious the clips used from "The Magic Flute" used the 1980's audio track, and if you listen closely, the clip used from "The Fantastic Farmer" also used the 1980's audio track. As they were putting this film together, maybe they had time constraints and had no choice but to grab discs out of the Rhino DVD set as their source for some of these clips.

With newly restored episodes now on Kabillion, and a NEW complete DVD set released in Australia, hopefully for those of us in North America, we will soon get a similar complete series on DVD, and hopefully with a bunch of bonus materials like Clokey's other short films he produced.

VoiceTalentBrendan

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/voicetalentBrendan?feature=mhee
« Reply #474 on: November 27, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  ;D here is a the Rankin/Bass rarity Mouse on the Mayflower with McDonald's Commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o95DZ_lS8s

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 27, 2014, 12:39:35 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  ;D here is a the Rankin/Bass rarity Mouse on the Mayflower with McDonald's Commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o95DZ_lS8s
Interesting to see a late 60's Rankin/Bass special sponsored by McDonalds. Too bad we don't have that in today's TV specials anymore. :frown:
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 27, 2014, 01:25:14 pm »
Here's a Famous Studios Noveltoon from 1950 with some Tex Avery influence gags. But even this cartoon can't top Avery's MGM cartoons. This one has recreated titles done by Chetreanu Mihai Alexandru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Gk1axQYqA&list=UU1hAWgEuxRo5kqJ8h9BpfOg
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

Bobby Bickert

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 27, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
    The original titles for an early color MM: http://youtu.be/SyHZuzwbbCs

ibcf

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 27, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »
Here's an animation reel for Bill Littlejohn:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzC4SncAWPA

And one for Robert McKimson:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tijiLYiN3xI

I'll probably do one for Bill Tytla next!

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »
:bugs2: Original opening and closing rings for the 1949 Bugs Bunny cartoon Knights Must Fall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXRCoBLzc2g
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko: