Author Topic: YouTube Thread, Part 14  (Read 85215 times)

ferpme

• View Profile
Re: YouTube Thread, Part 14
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2013, 03:18:14 pm »
A shame...I watched it...and it was probably the best print of it I've seen...shows you what is out there in some people's arsenals....

Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2013, 11:04:20 am »
I was able to download it via a YouTube downloader while it was still up. If it's in the public domain, I should be able to upload it to my own YouTube account without any problems, shouldn't I?

Green Kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2013, 01:25:00 pm »
If you upload more obscure LT cartoons, WB doesn't seem to notice!  :fethry:

It's been working for more than 2 years, hehe!  :coolcat:

Debbie

• View Profile
    • Fluffy and Mervin Webcomic
« Reply #273 on: March 21, 2013, 04:42:19 pm »
Filmation's Tom and Jerry music played on piano:
http://youtu.be/a96iFs0U0hk

Barbezinc

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »
Actually, he had more than that.  He had just about all of Tex's Warners shorts, including "A Wild Hare".  This might be the reason why the account was shut down.
Yes, that was me who uploaded that one - the one version that came from the Lobster Films' "Retour de Flamme" collection vol.4. It's probably the best quality print you'll ever find of this cartoon - though it came out as crap on youtube. The DVD is only available in Europe and is region-coded too.
I wish I had a magnifying glass,
'cos I can't pull any out of my ass.

~Valentin M.

My blog: http://barbezinc.blogspot.com/

SockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2013, 12:28:13 pm »
"A Dog, Cat, and Canary", re-titled "Sweet Tweets" on "Totally Tooned In" featuring Flippy and nominated for an Academy Award in 1944

The Crazy HR

• The new GAC?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »
The third Casper Noveltoon - with original titles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEynpHY6grc

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »

Almost, I don't see all the titles at the beginning, and it's sourced from a PD tape?  Unbelievable

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »

NICE!!

I thought it had pretty much the same special title sequence as There's Good Boos Tonight, based on the opening music; nice to see that confirmed. Too bad the Noveltoon title isn't there...

Almost, I don't see all the titles at the beginning, and it's sourced from a PD tape?  Unbelievable

Wish I knew which tape, so I could capture it myself. The compression that has been applied to that capture has made the quality pretty poor.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:45:28 pm by Retro00064 »

Der Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »
At last! Bubble and Squeak on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMsqAFek-0

Der Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43:47 pm »
And another Bubble and Squeak. Not the cleanest copy one could hope for but you can follow it.
Believe it on not I first saw this on a Columbus public cable access channel. Where they got it is a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX4MNNssEI4

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2013, 12:50:28 pm »

NICE!!

I thought it had pretty much the same special title sequence as There's Good Boos Tonight, based on the opening music; nice to see that confirmed. Too bad the Noveltoon title isn't there...

Well, at least we get to see the original title card! I've always wanted to see the original title card for A Haunting We Will Go, as well.  :)

As for the Paramount opening logo (which is not shown on this print), it probably may have very well been the same logo used on Frightday the 13th and Boos and Arrows, while The Friendly Ghost and There's Good Boos To-Night probably might have used the version with the dark, snowcapped mountain as seen on the early Little Lulu cartoons (such as Lulu Gets the Birdie and I'm Just Curious).
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

wowzers

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »
And another Bubble and Squeak. Not the cleanest copy one could hope for but you can follow it.
Believe it on not I first saw this on a Columbus public cable access channel. Where they got it is a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX4MNNssEI4

Wow, thanks for this! I'd never seen any of the Bubble and Squeak cartoons before--these are a real treat!

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »
Well, at least we get to see the original title card! I've always wanted to see the original title card for A Haunting We Will Go, as well.  :)

As for the Paramount opening logo (which is not shown on this print), it probably may have very well been the same logo used on Frightday the 13th and Boos and Arrows, while The Friendly Ghost and There's Good Boos To-Night probably might have used the version with the dark, snowcapped mountain as seen on the early Little Lulu cartoons (such as Lulu Gets the Birdie and I'm Just Curious).

Until prints with the full original titles surface (or someone(s) who has seen the full original titles comes forward), we can't be 100% certain, of course, but there's no doubt in my mind that the three Casper Noveltoons opened and closed with the standard cartoon Paramount logos used at the times of their release. Other Noveltoons with special opening title sequences whose original titles are available (such as The Enchanted Square, The Wee Men, The Mild West, Santa's Surprise, and Leprechaun's Gold) open and close with the standard cartoon Paramount logos in use at the time of their release, so why would the Casper ones be any different?

I believe that The Friendly Ghost would've opened and closed with the early red-mountain-with-blue-sky Paramount logo seen on cartoons such as Shape Ahoy (Popeye, 1945), The Enchanted Square, etc. There's Good Boos Tonight probably opened with the slightly different version of that same logo (with slightly different "A Paramount Picture" lettering) seen on The Wee Men and The Mild West (with the closing logo having the "Color by Technicolor" notice instead of "In Technicolor", as seen on The Bored Cuckoo). A Haunting We Will Go probably opened with the same Paramount logo with clouds that closes the print above (minus the color process tag, of course), which is also the same one used on most of the Polacolor Popeye cartoons.

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »
Until prints with the full original titles surface (or someone(s) who has seen the full original titles comes forward), we can't be 100% certain, of course, but there's no doubt in my mind that the three Casper Noveltoons opened and closed with the standard cartoon Paramount logos used at the times of their release. Other Noveltoons with special opening title sequences whose original titles are available (such as The Enchanted Square, The Wee Men, The Mild West, Santa's Surprise, and Leprechaun's Gold) open and close with the standard cartoon Paramount logos in use at the time of their release, so why would the Casper ones be any different?

I believe that The Friendly Ghost would've opened and closed with the early red-mountain-with-blue-sky Paramount logo seen on cartoons such as Shape Ahoy (Popeye, 1945), The Enchanted Square, etc. There's Good Boos Tonight probably opened with the slightly different version of that same logo (with slightly different "A Paramount Picture" lettering) seen on The Wee Men and The Mild West (with the closing logo having the "Color by Technicolor" notice instead of "In Technicolor", as seen on The Bored Cuckoo). A Haunting We Will Go probably opened with the same Paramount logo with clouds that closes the print above (minus the color process tag, of course), which is also the same one used on most of the Polacolor Popeye cartoons.

Well, I was guessing that There's Good Boos To-Night originally opened with that snowcapped-mountain-on-dark-sky logo, since the entire cartoon takes place at night, as well as the opening titles.
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko: