Author Topic: Computer problems: Help!  (Read 1569 times)

NicKramer

• View Profile
Computer problems: Help!
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:32 pm »
Okay, a wierd thing happen with my Windows XP computer.  While it was working fine earlier today, the computer started to act dysfunctional after I took a nap.  First the internet has trouble loading normally and is acting sluggish.  Second, the Wave setting of my volume control keeps resetting itself every few seconds and sometimes, I get audio ad and broadcasts from nowhere when I turn the wave volume back on.   I don't know what happening as I haven't installed anything recently.  I tried rebooting twice and the problem is still there. 

I got two virus protecters (which I have for a while).  One is Norton Anti Virus and the other is Anvi Smart Defender.  I'm using the latter to check on the problem as we speak and it takes several hours to go through about everything. 

Meanwhile, what should I do? 

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
Re: Computer problems: Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:42:22 am »
Aw man, that's not good. :frown:

Back then, my old  Windows XP computer crashed twice, first in the beginning of 2011 around February, then in January of 2012 which was when it started to keep restarting over and over again. But at least at that time, I had a Windows 7 laptop before that died out last summer. So I had to get a new Windows 8 laptop which is working fine right now, but it's only 4GB. I hope to get one that's 8GB someday.
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

NicKramer

• View Profile
Re: Computer problems: Help!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:37 am »
Update:  I did both scans and I still have this annoying sound problem.  Right now, I'm trying to go through all of the Norton Antivirus Custom scans.  After that, I don't know what else to do.  Any suggestions?  And no, I'm not ready to buy a new computer yet.