Author Topic: '90s / 2000s Nicktoons on Hulu Plus  (Read 2468 times)

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
'90s / 2000s Nicktoons on Hulu Plus
« on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »
I've recently revived my Hulu Plus subscription and found out that Nickelodeon has added several of their older Nicktoons to the service. Shows include Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, Invader Zim, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and Danny Phantom. (If I'm missing anything, please respond.)

All I can say is that this will definitely be a fun, nostalgic trip for me. I hope Hulu adds more of the classic Nicktoons. (I'm hoping they'll release Doug. I haven't seen that in a while.)
Happy Holidays, everyone!

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
Re: '90s / 2000s Nicktoons on Hulu Plus
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:31:11 pm »
I'm surprised they left the shot of the Twin Towers getting blown up intact on "Powdered Toast Man vs. Waffle Woman." I know they could get away with that in 1994, but today's censor monkeys are strict about content like that (like the "Action League Now" segment "Caged Thunder" that was pulled due to its' terrorism theme.)

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
Re: '90s / 2000s Nicktoons on Hulu Plus
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:03:48 pm »
I'm surprised they left the shot of the Twin Towers getting blown up intact on "Powdered Toast Man vs. Waffle Woman." I know they could get away with that in 1994, but today's censor monkeys are strict about content like that (like the "Action League Now" segment "Caged Thunder" that was pulled due to its' terrorism theme.)

Maybe Hulu just accepted what Nickelodeon gave them, and Nick did not give Hulu the censored version of the episode. Could that be it?

By the way, they added The Wild Thornberries and the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. I wonder if they'll add more of their older Nicktoons.
Happy Holidays, everyone!