Author Topic: Stephen Hillenburg returning to SpongeBob  (Read 4278 times)

The Dogfather/Toadette

• I'm an animatophilic shroom-girl!
    • View Profile
Stephen Hillenburg returning to SpongeBob
« on: December 13, 2014, 12:35:24 pm »
I know that Cartoon Brew and SpongeBob are rather taboo here, but I feel like pointing this out for those who care:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/spongebob-creator-stephen-hillenburg-returning-to-his-show-106935.html

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
Re: Stephen Hillenburg returning to SpongeBob
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:57:30 pm »
Cartoon Brew and Spongebob are NOT taboo here.

The Dogfather/Toadette

• I'm an animatophilic shroom-girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »
I apologize for the comment, eutychus. It was rather hasty of me to say as much. :-[ It's just that in general I've found that some users here seem to disapprove of the subjects (especially of Amid Amidi).

Mesterius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »
Why should the opinions of some users here make some subjects taboo? Strong opinions are never taboo, certainly if they have good reasons and motivations behind them.

vdubdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:36:10 am »
As to the subject at hand, I'd say it's too late. Spongebob has gone on FAR longer than it ought to. One day I was in a restaurant where they had a TV tuned to Nickelodeon and Spongebob was playing. I couldn't tell you the name of the episode, but it revolved around Spongebob bringing home a seemingly harmless pet to be a playmate for Gary. Of course the new pet turns out to be a monster in camouflage and Gary has to defeat it while Spongebob is oblivious to the whole affair.

I watched it as one would a train wreck. Spongebob seems to have reached Homer Simpson-levels of stupidity and obliviousness, and the monster scenes were so intense that found myself thinking "This is just felt unpleasant!" and I felt uneasy about the fact that a boy no older than five was sitting at the next table watching the whole thing. I just hope it didn't give him nightmares or anything, sheesh...

Benamation

• RAGGLE FRAGGLE !
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:31:14 am »
well it's good to hear that Stephen Hillenburg is returning to the show, but I just hope he can do as good than how he did in Season 1-3  :-\
I like Cartoons and that's it

Takeshi55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »
So Seasons 5-9 never happened?

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

What did you mean?

Takeshi55

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

What did you mean?

Since Season 4 is often looked at as the best post-season 3 season and Season 5-9 sucked, does this mean Season 10 will continue on from Season 4?

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 07:40:11 pm »
Well the show has no continuity except for maybe a couple episodes, so basically with that logic, nothing in the show ever happened.
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:25:12 am »
For the record I enjoyed SpongeBob (still do) even without Stephen's involvement for the post- first movie era, but still I find this great news indeed. :)

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 11:08:14 am »
Incidently, how good are the "Spongbob" comics that Hilenburg has worked on for Bongo Comics?  I haven't read them, but I did read their main Simpsons comics and I fell them better than most of the show right now (and I still want Ian Boothby to write an actual Simpsons episode as he has the capability to do it).

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 04:28:16 pm »
I know Stephen hasn't been directly involved with SpongeBob in a while. Since he is returning, I wonder what position he'll be in or how involved he'll be with the show. All I know is Stephen created the characters in the first place. He knows them more than anybody. Recently, the characters on SpongeBob have become unlikable in my opinion. I don't think the current writers know what they are doing with the SpongeBob universe. (There was this episode in which Plankton has a fear of whales. The plot focused on Mr. Krabs sneaking in the Chum Bucket dressing up as his daughter to scare Plankton to the point in which he was afraid to go outside. This later resulted in Plankton attempting to commit suicide by laying in the road and Mr Krabs having no sympathy towards him. What were the writers thinking!?!?)
Happy Holidays, everyone!