Author Topic: Weirdly edited Charlie Brown Christmas  (Read 2200 times)

ParamountCartoons

• View Profile
Weirdly edited Charlie Brown Christmas
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:16 pm »
Now, before you tell me ABC was greedy, I know there's going to be a second showing airing it unedited with one of the awful sequels.

It's almost like they didn't care at all, with more commercials and the snowball scene edited for the first time since 1997 . In fact my local ABC station and cable provider played commercials over the special. They didn't offend the fundementalists though, as Linus' speech is kept intact as well as most of the other Biblical references (except for poor Shermy).

It reminded me of a terrible version of "Big Bad Sindbad"  :popeye:

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdly edited Charlie Brown Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:38:23 pm »
Let's face it; tonight the main focus for ABC was the premiere of the new Toy Story holiday special, and they probably needed something to fill the remaining half-hour. (They could've just used "Shrek the Halls"; it's pretty similar!)

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »
Let's face it; tonight the main focus for ABC was the premiere of the new Toy Story holiday special, and they probably needed something to fill the remaining half-hour. (They could've just used "Shrek the Halls"; it's pretty similar!)

It's not similar to plot.  And I'm pretty sure they would never pair something that is from a direct rival of one thier studios.

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:48:42 pm »

It's not similar to plot.  And I'm pretty sure they would never pair something that is from a direct rival of one thier studios.

But they're going to anyways; on Tuesday December 23rd! "Shrek the Halls" at 8, and "Toy Story that Time Forgot" at 8:30.

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:58:44 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, this version must be from when Prep and Landing originally aired.  As long as Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales is not with this special, it WILL be edited.  This is why I didn't watch tonight.  Certain specials should NEVER be edited, and this is one of them.