Author Topic: NBC's Holiday programming  (Read 1825 times)

Billy joel Fan

• Yaba Daba Doo, It's Billy Joelstone!
    • View Profile
NBC's Holiday programming
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:48 am »
Via NBC's press release

"How Murray Saved Christmas”

Friday, Dec. 5 (8-9 p.m. ET)

From four-time Emmy-winning writer and executive producer Mike Reiss (“The Simpsons”), “How Murray Saved Christmas” is based on Reiss’ best-selling children’s book of the same name and is cleverly written entirely in rhymed verse. Featuring original songs by Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated composer Walter Murphy (“Family Guy,” “Ted”), the story centers on cranky deli owner Murray Weiner (Jerry Stiller), who is forced to fill in for Santa (Kevin Michael Richardson) one Christmas and, with the help of Edison Elf (Sean Hayes), does a weirdly wonderful job. The special also stars the voice talents of Dennis Haysbert, Jason Alexander and John Ratzenberger.

Tuesday, Dec. 16 (8-9 p.m. ET)

Starring four-time Emmy Award winner Jim Parsons (“The Big Bang Theory”) as Buddy, this original stop-motion hour-long animated special is based on the popular film “Elf” and the hit Broadway show “Elf: The Musical.” Santa narrates the story of Buddy’s travels to New York City to meet the father he never knew he had. Along the way his unrelenting cheer transforms the lives of everyone he meets and opens his father’s eyes to the magic of Christmas. With nine new songs, the special features a voice cast including Mark Hamill, Ed Asner, Fred Armisen, Jay Leno, Matt Lauer, Gilbert Gottfried, Kate Micucci, Rachael MacFarlane, Max Charles and Steve Higgins.

All tho not an animated title NBC is planning on showing

“It’s a Wonderful Life”

Saturday, Dec. 6 (8-11 p.m. ET) and Wednesday, Dec. 24 (8-11 p.m. ET)

The NBC annual tradition continues as the iconic 1946 film once again returns to primetime. Directed by Frank Capra, “It’s a Wonderful Life” stars Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey, who contemplates suicide before a guardian angel intervenes and allows him to see all that is right in his world.
After These Messages....I'll be right back!

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
Re: NBC's Holiday programming
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:04:08 am »
The name of the program scheduled for December 16th is "Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas".

I had intended on posting a topic about NBC's special holiday programming plans for November and December around the time I posted the one about CBS' plans for such programming, but they had no news release (or "press release") about those plans by then. I had planned on checking again shortly after posting the topic about the CW Television Network's plans for special holiday programming for this November and December last night until I had discovered Billy joel Fan had done so later that night.

By the way, here is a link to the news release from which the information about NBC's special holiday programming plans came.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:19:20 am by Mario500 »

Billy joel Fan

• Yaba Daba Doo, It's Billy Joelstone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 10:58:43 am »
The name of the program scheduled for December 16th is "Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas".

I had intended on posting a topic about NBC's special holiday programming plans for November and December around the time I posted the one about CBS' plans for such programming, but they had no news release (or "press release") about those plans by then. I had planned on checking again shortly after posting the topic about the CW Television Network's plans for special holiday programming for this November and December last night until I had discovered Billy joel Fan had done so later that night.

By the way, here is a link to the news release from which the information about NBC's special holiday programming plans came.

Yea sorry for the minor omission in the Elf title I was typing stuff without glasses on...
After These Messages....I'll be right back!

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:18 pm »
We must remain skeptical about modern day christmas specials as good ones are rare these days as most of them are rubbish
Let's be honest
The last decent special was Olive, The Other Reindeer and sadly it left the airwaves 2 years ago

The Dogfather/Toadette

• I'm an animatophilic shroom-girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:45 pm »
I for one am looking forward to the new "Elf" special. It's coming from Screen Novelties, after all!

Bobby Bickert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 04:10:46 pm »
All tho not an animated title NBC is planning on showing

“It’s a Wonderful Life”

Saturday, Dec. 6 (8-11 p.m. ET) and Wednesday, Dec. 24 (8-11 p.m. ET)

The NBC annual tradition continues as the iconic 1946 film once again returns to primetime. Directed by Frank Capra, “It’s a Wonderful Life” stars Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey, who contemplates suicide before a guardian angel intervenes and allows him to see all that is right in his world.

It does have a connection to classic cartoons. Lillian Randolph is in it; she's Annie the maid.