Author Topic: A new 'Special' set offer... TOON TIME 2014!  (Read 19420 times)

VoiceTalentBrendan

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/voicetalentBrendan?feature=mhee
Re: A new 'Special' set offer... TOON TIME 2014!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 11:51:21 pm »
wow   :)

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 05:12:00 am »
Steve could you respond to my pm
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 09:16:09 pm »
I'm getting flooded with requests to make this available again... I might be able to after I get caught up with getting all the Technicolor Dreams out the door and the already ordered Toon Times. The transfers look really nice as you can see by the pics..

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:40 pm »
Love the original 35mm print of Pastry Town Wedding, Steve. Does it have the title card that Eshbaugh's personal print has?

ferpme

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »
Any updated time table for "Dreams" and "Toon Time"? I kind of had the impression that they were almost out the door a few weeks ago?

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »
Waiting for the Blu-rays to arrive from replication on Technicolor Dreams; they were shipped on Friday. The set will be announced on Thursday on Cartoon Research. I'll be working this next week to get all the pre-orders packed (and there's a bunch). I need to assemble the first ones by hand since the Blu-ray comes from California, the DVD from Indiana, and the cases from Chicago...

Toon Time is done and I'm working on making the copies. A long wait, I know... but finally there! More announcements of other things this week as well...

Yowp

• View Profile
    • Yowp
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 03:46:39 am »
Orders are through paypal only.   

Sorry, Steve, I guess I will no longer be buying your product. I quite understand this is the best way for your company to operate, though. Best of luck.

Yowp

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:05 am »
Orders are through paypal only.   

Sorry, Steve, I guess I will no longer be buying your product. I quite understand this is the best way for your company to operate, though. Best of luck.

Yowp

That's only for special offers like this one, as it has been. Steve's regular sets are still being listed on Amazon, which doesn't even accept PayPal.

ferpme

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 09:31:57 pm »
Steve-when you get a second. I ordered the dvd version, and received the Blu-Ray version. Wondering if we could get this corrected and I'd gladly pass the Blu-Ray version on to someone.
  Brian
Omaha

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
I sent the Blu-ray version if it wasn't specified in the paypal... please email and send your address and I'll get the DVD version to you. Those were delayed a few more days but are now going out.. the last of the pre-orders for tech Dreams are too... ones from this list were all sent, the ones announced on Cartoon Research are going tomorrow.

ferpme

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 12:12:11 pm »
Pretty sure I said it in Pay Pal. Oh well.

Brian Barratt
3738 Frances #1
Omaha, Nebraska 68105

And I'll offer the Blu-Ray up as a prize for the next contest?

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »
You might want to remove your address from your post, ferpme. This is a public forum, after all. Go to Steve's profile and send him a personal message or email with your address instead.

Received my copy of Toon Time today. GREAT set. Thanks Steve!

What's the story on Pastrytown Wedding? The shots in the cartoon with the Cushman's logo, as well as the shot at the end with the cooks dancing around the cake, are obviously newer than the rest of the cartoon. A Cartoon Research post from last year has an embed of the version of this cartoon from your Toddle Tales/Rainbow Parades set, which has no Cushman's references, as well as a link to a black-and-white print that has new angle shots of the chef reading out of the cook book near the end spliced in to add the Cushman's logo. The version on this set, which the menu says is from 1940, has those shots plus a new shot of a cook putting cakes into Cushman's boxes, as well as the soundtrack at the end being extended to cover the end titles. The Cartoon Research post says that the cartoon was made for Cushman's originally and released by RKO as a Rainbow Parade afterward, but the shots with the Cushman's logo being newer imply the opposite.

Please check your PM's by the way, Steve.

dbear

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:37 pm »
Jerry Beck got it wrong (gasp :mickey:); jaboschen on the old GAC forum posted links to a 1940 edition of Buiness Screen Magazine which indicated Cushman did rerelease the cartoon in 1940. I'm posting the relevant topic as it contains other interesting advertising cartoon ads:

http://goldenagecartoons.com/forums/the-termite-terrace-trading-post-f3/topic15016.html

(How part of the Cushman tags ended up on the b/w Official Films tv print is a mystery though...)

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »
The Cushman footage is from 1940, at least the Cushman footage that is in this print- it's clearly made later than the original film, and this particular print is from 1940. The 16mm rental prints that I've seen in Cinecolor both are the original edit of the cartoon as far as I can tell. The Official film prints look as if they're a hybrid of both versions.

It's been guessed in the past that these film possibly started their lives as commercials. I can find no indication that they originally were, though it's odd for a character to sing about dough. It was a few more years before Eshbaugh would make an ad. It makes me wonder if he had some sort of deal to get the rights reverted back to him, or if he just bough the films when they became available.. It's a mystery right now, but we do know that this and the 1940 version of the  Sunshine Makers is the one with the Bordon's title. It would be great if some day prints of both emerged with the Rainbow Parade opening.

FleischerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 07:54:58 am »
What can I say? I wait over a year for Technicolor Dreams and then that AND Toon Time 2014 arrive in my mailbox within a day of each other!

I'm in cartoon heaven!
"Always pleasant journey which ends among old friends." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher