Author Topic: Inspector Gadget: The Complete Series on fully remastered Blu-ray  (Read 2574 times)

Mesterius

• View Profile
In the wake of last year's rather terrible DVD release by Cinedigm and Flatiron Film company, this had to happen sooner or later! The angry fans need to be calmed down, after all. More info on these exciting developments over at my blog!

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Re: Inspector Gadget: The Complete Series on fully remastered Blu-ray
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:38:17 pm »
Is this for real? Because it sounds promising.

Mesterius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:07 am »
Is this for real? Because it sounds promising.

I'll agree that it does sound promising... but no, I'm afraid this is an April Fool's joke. For now, these are just my personal dreams for what I'd love see happen to the Inspector Gadget franchise. Especially number 1, about the original series being remastered for Blu-ray, and number 3, about the original soundtrack masters being found, are on the top of my wish list. I think that much of what I write about the imagined Blu-ray/DVD set could be possible, though. Certainly, several versions of the pilot episode could be included without even spending any money - and so could the original commercial bumpers - considering that these things still exist in the vaults. You just need someone in charge of the set who cares about getting the rare material included.

Incidentally, I'm beginning to wonder if I wrote the April Fool's post too realistically. I've talked with a few fans who believed it without giving the date a second thought (contrary to what I had expected when writing it).

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:20:01 pm »
Yeah, that was pretty convincing. It would be great if more of Shuki Levy's memorable music from the series could be found. I mean, it's not like Ted Nichols's distinctive Scooby-Doo background music; that's still in the vaults, and has been used in some recent Scooby-Doo parodies (like "Night of the Living Doo," or Time Squad's "White House Weirdness"), but has not been released to the public yet.