Author Topic: Good News for Fleschier Fans  (Read 2705 times)

bigfattiger

• hmmmm...,
    • View Profile
Good News for Fleschier Fans
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171244985085

Yes,it's real,and you're welcome.

PROOF IT'S NO FAKE:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=cosmokramer00&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

There's 34 pages of feedback for his 3 items,including this one.

You may want to go for this,IADers. You many never see any opportunity like this again.

Come and edit and contribute to the crazy wild story at the http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php?topic=1766.0 thread.Remember,the zanier the better!

NicKramer

• View Profile
Re: Good News for Fleschier Fans
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:00 pm »
It looks like a bootleg set to me.  In fact, all of the DVD sets that seller has are probably bootlegs.   Even the so-called public domain Looney Tunes set which has cartoons that are still under strict copyright protection.

bigfattiger

• hmmmm...,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:04 pm »
It looks like a bootleg set to me.  In fact, all of the DVD sets that seller has are probably bootlegs.   Even the so-called public domain Looney Tunes set which has cartoons that are still under strict copyright protection.

That's true about the pd looney tunes sets. Since when has "Martian Through Georgia" been PD?Never.
Come and edit and contribute to the crazy wild story at the http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php?topic=1766.0 thread.Remember,the zanier the better!

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:35:38 am »

Why did you post "you're welcome"? Even if someone were to say "thank you" with his or her voice upon selecting the link before seeing the words "you're welcome", you could have saved yourself from posting "you're welcome" until someone had actually posted a message thanking you for the link.

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:49:58 am »

Why did you post "you're welcome"? Even if someone were to say "thank you" with his or her voice upon selecting the link before seeing the words "you're welcome", you could have saved yourself from posting "you're welcome" until someone had actually posted a message thanking you for the link.

First of all, it doesn't matter. Second, it only takes most people about a second to write "you're welcome."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:42:55 am by Mister Bighead »
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Mario500

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:41 am »
I just thought saying or posting "you're welcome" before anyone could say or post "thank you" was rude.

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:40:21 am »
Doesn't matter anymore, it's sold.

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »
I just thought saying or posting "you're welcome" before anyone could say or post "thank you" was rude.
Did you really have to derail the entire thread because of two words? I'm sorry, but you could have at least contributed to the conversation at hand instead of jabbing at someone for some random nitpick.
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

Mario500

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:45:49 pm »
^I had nothing to add in regards to the subject of the discussion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:49:19 pm by Mario500 »

Autodafe

• Oh boy, oh boy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 09:52:29 am »
^I had nothing to add in regards to the subject of the discussion.

....so why post anything at all?

On the dvd set.. Hmm, looks interesting enough but I'd be worried about the quality. I'm always a little suspect over bootlegs like those eBay sellers. Cheers for the heads up, but for me I'll pass.
Kilroy was here.

FleischerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:59 am »
A couple of caveats about this set.

First of all, the claim that it contains "all 120 Betty Boop cartoons, including several 'lost' episodes" is false. There are only two titles that are considered "lost" (and there is a claim that a version of one of them exists, but remains with a private collector who has not shared it). They are "Honest Love and True" and "Buzzy Boop at the Concert." Neither of those titles shows up in this collection.

Secondly, the cartoon "Yip, Yip, Yippy," which has been available from some other sources, is not in the contents of this set either.

Other have already commented on the "public domain" status of many of these titles. It just seems to me that this could have been created by making a video-to-computer transfer of the old VHS Betty Boop "The Definitive Collection" set with a few other titles brought in from other sources. In any event, this seller can probably burn more copies, so if this is your cup of tea, keep an eye on eBay.

And I appreciate bigfattiger's sincerity in trying to be of service to his/her fellow cartoon buffs.
"Always pleasant journey which ends among old friends." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher