Author Topic: The Special Thunderbean 'fundraiser' Discs available for one week....  (Read 13435 times)

FleischerFan

• View Profile
Steve:

I couldn't believe it, but there's one disc I don't have in my collection. I'd like to order it.

You mention combined shipping in your first post on the thread. How close are you to shipping either the Lantz collection or the "Lost Farmer" disc? I've pre-ordered both of those and was wondering if I could save a couple of bucks and have you ship my "Fundraiser" disc with either of those.
"Always pleasant journey which ends among old friends." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
I can put it with them if you'd like... Lantz should be back at some point this week from replication- the check disc should be here Monday.. so soon!

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
It would be nice if Warners did use the titles and end titles from this print....

Yeah, I know.

Like I said earlier, would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of the original title card for Texas Tom?
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

looneytooney

• View Profile
It would be nice if Warners did use the titles and end titles from this print....

Yeah, I know.

Like I said earlier, would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of the original title card for Texas Tom?

Think of the cartoons, not the titles.

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
Think of the cartoons, not the titles.

Well, I'd still like to see what the original opening title card for Texas Tom looks like, as I've only seen the reissue title card.

So how about it, Steve?  :)
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Hey Gabriel:

Why not just order Steve's disc that has Texas Tom on it and see the original titles for yourself when the disc arrives? Considering that the value of the print itself is likely up in the triple digits, not to mention the value of the prints of all the other cartoons on the disc (some of those prints may even be one of, if not the only known-to-exist print of a cartoon!), and that Steve has shelled out good money to transfer this stuff to share with us enthusiasts as pretty much a labor of love (he did say in the opening post that these special/"fundraiser" discs often don't make enough money to cover the transfer costs), that $12 + $3 shipping that it would cost to get the disc is a great deal in my opinion, even if the disc only contained Texas Tom. And if WB has decided not to use Steve's print to restore the original titles for the second Tom and Jerry Golden Collection, then getting Steve's disc would mean that you'd still be able to see the original titles.

Edited to add: If Steve's okay with it, then maybe screenshots of the original titles could be sent to Eutychus at some point for display on the Internet Animation Database website.

@looneytooney:

Sure, the body of a film, not the titles, is the main and most important part of the film. But the titles are still part of the film, and worth appreciating and even discussing at times, especially in cases like this where we're talking about original titles that were replaced for reissue and have since become very rare.

Just my thoughts,

Zachary.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:35:27 pm by Retro00064 »

telzall

• View Profile
 :mighty: Almost all of these title are not known to me.  Where can I go to research these titles to determine what discs I'd want?
I have already purchased discs 1 4 6 8 and 10; but, I'm concerned I'm missing good stuff on the others (no doubt).
I'm very excited about my purchase and I don't want to have buyers remorse, in reverse.  If you know what I mean. :marvin2:
Wow! Too bad I don't have enough money, or I'd consider getting them all.  :yosemite:

Does the print of Texas Tom on "The Telecine has Landed" have its original titles?

ryanhoek

• View Profile
Joe and anyone else interested ,
here are my notes i scratched down on the discs I own:

Disc 1(Rare cartoons):
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarves (warner brothers    Banned classic))
Scrappy's Art Gallery (Scrappy)
Little Match Girl  (Columbia)
Let's Go (Columbia)
Magic Fluke ( UPA   Fox and Crow's best)
Swing you Sinners   (Talkartoon)
All this & Rabbit Stew  (Warner Brothers.. Bugs Bunny with Inki type hunter..more than likely banned)
Dead End Cats (Terrytoon   Mighty Mouse)

Disc 2 (GAC in Exile):
An Egypian Gyp  (Kolor Kartoon)
Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing  (Screensong)
The Bad Genius  (Scrappy)
Holidayland (Color Rhapsody Columbia ...Scrappy)
Egg Cracker Suite (Walter Lantz   Oswald the Rabbit)
Willoughby's Magic Hat (Gabby 30s futurism looks like Superman cartoons )
Post War Inventions (Terrytoons   Gandy and Sourpuss)
Riff Raffy Daffy (Warner Brothers    Daffy and Porky)

Disc 4: (Toon O Rama)
Beanstalk Jack (Terrytoon)
The kangaroo Kid (Columbia)
Puttin' Out the Kitten (Scrappy)
Outlaws (UPA)
Red Hot Rhythm (Terrytoon?   Fire Department)
A Peep in the Deep (Popeye hunts sub-marine treasure. Famous /Paramount)
Indian Whoopie (35mm Nitrate)  (Cubby?  Van Beuren)
Midnight Frolics (Columbia   Ghosts and Mice)
Let's Ring Doorbells (Scrappy)
Pickeled Puss (35mm IB)  (Columbia)
Spring Song (35mm Brewster Color)  (Jingles  Paramount   Art Deco)
Dolly Doings (stop motion dolls   kind of creepy)

Disc 7 (While the Telecine is still here):
Wise Flies  (Talkartoon)
Tune Up and Sing  (Screensong)
 Bum Bandit  (Betty Boop and Bimbo)
The Flop House  (Scrappy)
 Katnips of 1940 (Krazy Kat)
 Little Dutch Mill  (Unique backdrop)
 Ding Dong Doggie (Pudgy)
 Gandy's Dream Girl (Terrytoons Gandy Goose as G.I.)

Disc 8 (The Telecine has Landed):
Technoracket (Scrappy   entertaining 1930s futurism on a farm)
Tale of the Monkey (Walter Lantz   Unnatural History)
Texas Tom (MGM  Tom and Jerry)
Boogie Woogie Sioux  (Walter Lantz   Swing Symphony)
Shape Ahoy (Famous/Paramount   Popeye)
Room and Bored  (Columbia   Fox and Crow)
Mother Goose's Birthday Party (Terrytoon  Mighty Mouse)
Gifts from the Air (Columbia)
Goldilocks & Three Bears (Terrytoon)
3 Bears (silent) (Kodak   Living Fairytale)
Dog Catcher (Krazy Kat?   Silent)
Pests (Aesops Farmer Alfalfa?)

Disc 9 (Cats dogs and Sailors):
Of Cats and Men (20 mins or so Wonderful World of Disney)
Hungarian Goulash (Terrytoons  Gypsies)
Koko in Toyland (Koko Klown)
Sandman Tales  (Scrappy)
Spite Flight  (Willie Whopper  Air Race)
Down the Mississippi  (Silent  Paramount   Bud and Susie)
We're on our Way to Rio (Famous/Paramount  Popeye)
The Lumber Champ  (Walter Lantz  Pooch the Pup)
The Little Pest  (Scrappy)
Counterfeit Cat (MGM Tex Avery Meow-wow!)
Barking Dogs  (Van Beuren  Cubby)
Beach Combers  (Walter Lantz   Oswald)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:50:48 pm by ryanhoek »

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Thanks for the list.

Steve, I just sent you payment; more details should be in the resulting PayPal email.

Barbezinc

• View Profile
Hey Steve, I would love to get discs 8 and 9, but since I lost my credit card last week and won't get another one until next week, I can't send money via Paypal right now. Will you still offer the discs next week?
I wish I had a magnifying glass,
'cos I can't pull any out of my ass.

~Valentin M.

My blog: http://barbezinc.blogspot.com/

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
So sorry to hear! I will try to make them available until then!  I try to put all these things together so I can print out addresses and send together- that way I don't mess up anyone'e order (as some of you know!)

looneytooney

• View Profile
I am trying to get discs 6, 7, and 9 (I'm intrigued by the rare Terry and Fleischer stuff) but am just in need of clarification - are these still being sold until Friday? Sorry if this seems like an annoyance because I'm sure people have already asked you.

lets ring doorbells

• View Profile
Thrilled I didn't miss a Thunderbean limited offer for once!  :)  Paypal / email on its way.  Thanks for doing this Steve.

jodyjm13

• View Profile
Is this still available?  For some reason I thought the original post was made on a Sunday, so I thought I'd be able to research this and order tonight...

Mark The Shark

• View Profile
Is this still available?  For some reason I thought the original post was made on a Sunday, so I thought I'd be able to research this and order tonight...

Me too! Please?