Author Topic: The Special Thunderbean 'fundraiser' Discs available for one week....  (Read 13436 times)

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
The last films for 'Collector's Choice' just got transferred.... and I'm very happy. It may be the last of these since they're expensive to do and often don't bring in quite as much as the transfers cost!

So- a lot of people have asked for the 'special fundraiser' discs that were available over the last year and a half or so. I find it's been pretty hard to pull out and sort all the requests (heck, I have trouble keeping up with everything as some of you know!) so I thought since there's so many requests that I'd make these all available for a week- from now until Friday.

Thanks for all of the support from the cartoon collector community in keeping the 'real' collections going.  I've liked having the contents of these sets a bit of a surprise and usually won't list them....

These are all professional Telecine transfers and look pretty good- of course, the print quailty varies a bit- but they are generally the best quality available on any of these titles. Some of the transfers on these are also on Thunderbean DVDs- but not with the HD version of course. I'm also offering a disc here that hasn't been available- HD MPEG-4s (data discs only) of 20 35mm Noveltoons. These are the transfers that were done for the Noveltoons set and are mostly from 35mm IB technicolor prints. A few were available with the Noveltoons sneak.

Each disc is $12. Shipping is $3 regardless of how many you get, $6 out of the country.  I think most of you hardcore cartoon collectors already have these, but in case you missed one, here they are. Chances are I won't offer these ones again.
Paypal is steves@thunderbeananimation.com. MAKE SURE to list the disc(s)  you want!

Each disc includes HD Mpeg-4 files of the cartoons (some on the DVD, others on a seperate disc).

Disc 1(Rare cartoons):
Coal Black
Scrappy's Art Gallery
Little Match Girl
Let's Go
Magic Fluke
Swing you Sinners
All this & Rabbit Stew
Dead End Cats

Disc 2 (GAC in Exile):
An Egypian Gyp
Let's All Sing
The Bad Genius
Holidayland
Egg Cracker Suite
Willoughby's Magic Hat
Post War Inventions
Riff Raffy Daffy

Disc 3 (Before the Chains are on the Door):
               DVD 1: Live action/ Animated Sequences
              DVD 2: 35mm IB Technicolor Animated Feature

Disc 4: (Toon O Rama)
Beanstalk Jack
The kangaroo Kid
Puttin' Out the Kitten
Outlaws
Red Hot Rhythm
A Peep in the Deep
Indian Whoopie (35mm Nitrate)
Midnight Frollics
Let's Ring Doorbells
Pickeled Puss (35mm IB)
Spring Song (35mm Brewster Color)
Dolly Daisy

Disc 6 (Super secret disc):
Popcorn
Club Sandwich
Pastrytown Wedding
Battle of the Barn
Uncle Joey
Modeling
A Swiss Trick

Disc 7 (While the Telecine is still here):
Wise Flies
Tune Up and Sing
 Bum Bandit
The Flop House
 Katnips of 1940
 Little Dutch Mill
 Ding Dong Doggie
 Gandy's Dream Girl

Disc 8 (The Telecine has Landed):
Technoracket
Tale of the Monkey
Texas Tom
Boogie Woogie Souix
Shape Ahoy
Room and Bored
Mother Goose's Birthday Party
Gifts from the Air
Goldilocks & Three Bears
3 Bears (silent)
Dog Catcher
Pests

Disc 9 (Cats dogs and Sailors):
Of Cats and Men
Hungarian Gouslash
Koko in Toyland
Sandman Tales
Spite Flight
Down the Mississippi
We're on our Way to Rio
The Lumber Champ
The Little Pest
Counterfeit Cat
Barking Dogs
Beach Combers

Disc 10 (2 disc set)
35mm Ib Technicolor Noveltoons -HD Mpeg-4 files only.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:27:27 am by Steve Stanchfield »

Leviathan

• View Profile
oooh, I just might pick out a couple.

Will you post screenshots for the last of the Collector's Choice DVD's?

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
Yes I will soon... ;)

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Wow! Too bad I don't have enough money, or I'd consider getting them all.  :yosemite:

Does the print of Texas Tom on "The Telecine has Landed" have its original titles?

Hutch

• View Profile
Is the list of available discs correct with no Disc 5 listed?
Robert Hutchison

raginggoodfella

• View Profile
Hello Steve, Please check your e-mail.

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
Yes, no disc 5.

And yes, Texas Tom has the original release titles, from a British IB technicolor print.

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
Yes, no disc 5.

And yes, Texas Tom has the original release titles, from a British IB technicolor print.

Steve, would it be possible for you to upload a picture of the original title card for Texas Tom? I'm also wondering if the print you used has Irven Spence's first name spelled correctly (his first name is spelled incorrectly as "Irvin" on the reissue print), as well as the original end titles (specifically, the version without the words "Made in Hollywood, U.S.A." at the bottom).

Oh, and by any chance, did you lend that print of Texas Tom to Warner Bros.?
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
[...]

Woo-hoo! I am SO getting that disc.

I'll probably also spring for the Noveltoons HD discs, and I'll look into possibly getting more. In any case, you'll most assuredly receive payment from me soon.

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile
It would be nice if Warners did use the titles and end titles from this print....

looneytooney

• View Profile
Dumb question here, Steve - are the Noveltoons all different from the set you released last year?

King Delbert

• View Profile
It would be nice if Warners did use the titles and end titles from this print....

Steve, Warners is still working on the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection vol. 2.  You should contact Jerry Beck.  Maybe the two of you could somehow include the titles on the set

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Dumb question here, Steve - are the Noveltoons all different from the set you released last year?

As Steve said in the opening post:

I'm also offering a disc here that hasn't been available- HD MPEG-4s (data discs only) of 20 35mm Noveltoons. These are the transfers that were done for the Noveltoons set and are mostly from 35mm IB technicolor prints. A few were available with the Noveltoons sneak.

Steve Stanchfield

• View Profile

Steve, Warners is still working on the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection vol. 2.  You should contact Jerry Beck.  Maybe the two of you could somehow include the titles on the set

They have them from this print. If they decide to use them, that would be great. If not... sigh. They generally like to take things from 35mm (even though this is a pristine 16mm print).  Jerry knows all about this one already.

S

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
I looked up your old thread announcing that disc and saw the "A Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer CARTOON" card among the screenshots in this post. I presume it's from the Texas Tom print? If so, that thing looks amazing! And I'd think it still looks great at 1080p resolution even though it's a 16mm print. It'd be a shame for Warner Bros. to not use it (after all, if they were going to use it, they'd probably just digitally splice the titles into their transfer of their 35mm CRI negative (with the titles having any needed restoration done), so what good reason would anyone have to complain?).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:38:02 am by Retro00064 »