Author Topic: Boomerang to get revamped!!!  (Read 1163 times)

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Boomerang to get revamped!!!
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »
Cartoon Network has announced today that starting next week Boomerang will be getting a much needed makeover. Looney Tunes, Popeye, and United Artists DePatie-Freleng cartoons will return in addition to selected cartoons including the 2 mentioned and Hanna-Barbera material featuring new/excisting remastered transfers. They stated that they will abandon time-compression for their shows and will return to the commercial free route featuring cartoons airing in as filler. They also stated that starting in May Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy will be added to the schedule. Here's is the schedule (which will change month by moth):

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!  ;D

Retro00064

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Re: Boomerang to get revamped!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »
I wish that they truly would restore Popeye to the schedule again; I would love to get some high-quality captures of the Famous Studios shorts that have aired with their original titles (and probably also some of the others, like the A.A.P. prints that have aired intact without the mostly poor Paramount title recreations done by Turner). At least they are still airing MGM cartoons; I should get back to capturing some of those...

GoldenVision

• Down at Fraggle Rock.
    • View Profile
Re: Boomerang to get revamped!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »
Cartoon Network has announced today that starting next week Boomerang will be getting a much needed makeover. Looney Tunes, Popeye, and United Artists DePatie-Freleng cartoons will return in addition to selected cartoons including the 2 mentioned and Hanna-Barbera material featuring new/excisting remastered transfers. They stated that they will abandon time-compression for their shows and will return to the commercial free route featuring cartoons airing in as filler. They also stated that starting in May Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy will be added to the schedule. Here's is the schedule (which will change month by moth):

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!  ;D

Yea right, and I just heard Disney's making a channel with nostalgic cartoons.