Author Topic: WBA to retool "The Looney Tunes Show!"  (Read 1308 times)

wiley207

• I'm back!
    • View Profile
WBA to retool "The Looney Tunes Show!"
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:10 am »
Here's an official news statement from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation I felt like sharing here...

The Looney Tunes Show to Receive Much-Needed Retooling
MARCH 31, 2013 by [NAME WITHHELD]

Due to the strong reception for Warner Bros. Animation's series produced for Cartoon Network, The Looney Tunes Show, most of it mixed to negative, Warner plans to give the series a much-needed retooling.

The writing staff is due to be replaced. According to series producer Tony Cervone, "We made a terrible mistake only allowing improv writers from the Groundlings to work on the show. Once we finally wrap up Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated, we are going to bring the writing team from that show, including producers Victor Cook and Mitch Watson, on board to The Looney Tunes Show to replace the Hugh Davidson and the current writing staff. They seem to have more experience with classic cartoon characters than the previous writers did. We are also getting better directors, such as Warner Bros. veteran Tim Maltby, to replace some of our existing directors."

The animation will also be changed for the show's third season. "Response to the redesigned characters was also mainly negative," Cervone reports. "So with Jessica Bortuski leaving, we are mostly reverting back to the classic designs most people are familiar with, and we also find them easier to design as well. We are also dropping Rough Draft Korea from the series for overseas animation services, in favor of our more reliable Lotto Animation and DongWoo A&E Co. Ltd. studios. We have found Lotto can animate the classic Looney Tunes very well."

"We also plan to drop the half-hour sitcom format," Cervone says. "Instead, we will go with the approach we did with Tom and Jerry Tales, with two or three separate segments per half-hour. We will still have musical 'Merrie Melodies' segments though. One planned segment involves Daffy Duck finding himself in a nightmarish carnival."

Warner is also wising up to the show's parental rating. "Cartoon Network is rating it TV-PG, even though it is very tame to us," according to Cervone. "We have been getting criticism of our Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated show being too violent and dark for a series rated TV-Y7, so we figured we should settle things right and rate all future episodes of The Looney Tunes Show TV-G to be on the safe side."

"We will also feature more background music," Cervone reports. "Andy Sturmer will still provide theme music and work for the 'Merrie Melodies' segments, but we are also bringing veteran composers Gigi Meroni and Rich Dickerson back to score the new episodes, as they understand the Looney Tunes music style very well. We're even enhancing the opening title sequence a bit, including adding a more amplified twanging noise to the 3-D WB shield effect at the start, ala the cartoon that first pioneered it, Lumber Jack Rabbit from 1953. We also requested Cartoon Network to play the closing logos in full instead of muting the audio for advertisements."

There is no word on when the new season is to begin, but it would most likely be around this upcoming November.

Here is a link with more information about it as well. Looks promising!

Billy joel Fan

• Yaba Daba Doo, It's Billy Joelstone!
    • View Profile
Re: WBA to retool "The Looney Tunes Show!"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:07:17 pm »
If I'd click the link I'd have looked quite the fool. An April fool, as it were.
After These Messages....I'll be right back!

King Delbert

• View Profile
Re: WBA to retool "The Looney Tunes Show!"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »
I click on the links anyways just to see how corny and stupid they might be.