Author Topic: Warner Archives Vending Machines Coming!  (Read 1540 times)

speedy fast

• View Profile
Warner Archives Vending Machines Coming!
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:52:15 am »

There's a new alternative to ordering Warner Archives releases online. I went to Best Buy today and saw that there was a special Warner Archives vending machine. Sort of like Red Box machines. You just select a title, put in money, and a DVD will print out for you. And customers can brign in their own blank discs, insert them into a special slot, and have the content burned to that disc, which lowers the price by 2%.

April fools!

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
Re: Warner Archives Vending Machines Coming!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:17 am »
That'd be cool if that actually happened. xD
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

drmark7

• View Profile
Not Far From Past Truth / Re: Warner Archives Vending Machines Coming!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:45:01 pm »
(The following is NOT April Fiction...) This is not far from a plan once slated for big outlets such as Virgin Record stores. Certainly for CDs, not sure if it included DVDS. but they were to have kiosks in the store where you would peruse an online catalog of CDs. Supposedly including a DEEP catalog of out of stock titles. You could even pick and choose tracks for your own compilation. I think I even saw one. But it was either not in service yet, or down. I really thought they would take off, but it didn't seem to last very long before they were gone. This was in the early 2000s. Here's a mid-2000s article as to why they weren't working out:

http://billboard.blogs.com/billboardpostplay/2005/05/are_cdburning_k.html
Questions?/Comments? * This Has Been e-mail From:
"Dr. Mark" Hill * The Doctor Of Pop Culture