Author Topic: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!  (Read 32436 times)

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
Re: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:31 am »
Far as hand drawn animation goes at Disney in general cross your fingers and hope that John Lasseter get sacked. The man is Pro-computer Animation. And according to his Wikipedia page he was sacked by Disney in mid-1980s for promoting computer animation at the studio. Since he came back on board in 2005, studio's out put has been pre-dominated of Computer animation no matter how good ideas you might have how Disney can bring back hand-drawn animation nothing much will happen as long as that man runs the show.

You cannot believe everything on Wikipedia since it could have false information at any moment due to its editing features being accessible to almost any person.

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:54 am »
Far as hand drawn animation goes at Disney in general cross your fingers and hope that John Lasseter get sacked. The man is Pro-computer Animation. And according to his Wikipedia page he was sacked by Disney in mid-1980s for promoting computer animation at the studio. Since he came back on board in 2005, studio's out put has been pre-dominated of Computer animation no matter how good ideas you might have how Disney can bring back hand-drawn animation nothing much will happen as long as that man runs the show.

You cannot believe everything on Wikipedia since it could have false information at any moment due to its editing features being accessible to almost any person.

According to the documentary The Pixar Story, John Lasseter confirmed in interview footage that he was fired from Disney in the early '80s after pitching The Brave Little Toaster, an idea for a film that would combine traditional animation with computer animation.

Lasseter did happen to make a test film at Disney that placed traditionally animated characters in a CGI environment. (It was mentioned in Pixar Story.) You can learn more about it and even watch the test film in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIDRoO8KnM
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2014, 11:47:20 am »
How does John Lasseter and the computer-animated Disney films relate to the new Mickey cartoons anyway? Lasseter is only involved with Disney Animation Studios (their flagship theatrical feature and short film department), Pixar, and DisneyToons (their direct-to-video department). The new Mickey cartoons are produced by Disney Television Animation (the studio also producing Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Wander Over Yander). Lasseter has no involvement with any of Disney's television series.

Let's get back on topic people. If we want to continue discussing Lasseter, feel free to make a separate thread.

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2014, 12:28:33 pm »

Were you referring to Tom Ruegger, who also worked on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures?

Yeah, he developed this show.

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2014, 02:52:31 am »
Meanwhile, back on topic...

The next Mickey short to air will be 'Space Walkies' on Friday 7th November. I've read that the one after that will be 'Mickey Monkey' and will air on Mickey's 'birthday', 18th November.

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2014, 09:20:12 am »
^The large, bold letters were unnecessary and potentially irritating for some folks (including myself).

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2014, 04:20:46 pm »
^The large, bold letters were unnecessary and potentially irritating for some folks (including myself).
Do you have anything to contribute anywhere that isn't a criticism of other people? Seriously, no offense but that's all I ever see you post about and it gets on my nerves as much as whatever you are complaining about.

Now, I'm not a moderator but I'd suggest if you have a problem with something, please bring it up somewhere outside of the public realm.
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »
Space Walkies is now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbdYBkk5PNs

And I was just walking my dog today...

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2014, 04:30:55 am »
Just in time for Mickey's official birthday Mickey Monkey is already up on the UK Disney site:

http://video.disney.co.uk/watch/mickey-mouse-shorts-mickey-monkey-507c451d5c11cbe02a70fcb8

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
Re: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?! | Mickey's Birthday
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2014, 10:12:25 am »
I wasn't able to watch the video due to receiving an error message. Well, here's an alternate link:
http://video.disney.com/watch/disneychannel-mickey-monkey-507c762175203fce4a7f3142?bypass_cache=10

I found the short funny! There's even a reference to Steamboat Willie!

Also, Happy Birthday Mickey!  :mickey:

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:56 am »
It was okay, but the ending was not something I expect from a Disney short.  A Tex Avary short or a Looney Tune, yes, but not a Disney short.

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2014, 07:32:32 pm »
Some of these new shorts are fun, and others are pretty dumb.  I've liked the shorts without Donald and Goofy best so far.  I really can't say that I care much for the new Donald Duck design.  Here's hoping they don't bring Uncle Scrooge into these shorts...I'd hate to see how they'd draw him.

The new design for all characters in this show is "TERRIBLE". The characters look nothing like themselves and this include Mickey and Minnie as well.
Come on, the designs look okay to me. And I think most of the shorts are good (like "No Service" is a favorite of mine, "Gasp!" was really funnier, and "Down the Hatch" is Disney's answer to Ren & Stimpy on its gross content inside Donald's body).

Mickey Mouse shouldn't answer to a lousy TV show like Ren & Stimpy. 
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2014, 08:14:47 pm »
The next short is "Clogged". More information can be found here: http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationscoop/new-minnie-mouse-short-clogged-20141205

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2014, 09:01:28 pm »
Some of these new shorts are fun, and others are pretty dumb.  I've liked the shorts without Donald and Goofy best so far.  I really can't say that I care much for the new Donald Duck design.  Here's hoping they don't bring Uncle Scrooge into these shorts...I'd hate to see how they'd draw him.

The new design for all characters in this show is "TERRIBLE". The characters look nothing like themselves and this include Mickey and Minnie as well.
Come on, the designs look okay to me. And I think most of the shorts are good (like "No Service" is a favorite of mine, "Gasp!" was really funnier, and "Down the Hatch" is Disney's answer to Ren & Stimpy on its gross content inside Donald's body).

Mickey Mouse shouldn't answer to a lousy TV show like Ren & Stimpy.
How dare you hark on Ren & Stimpy! That was a great show too! :mad:
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2014, 03:59:54 pm »
"Clogged" is scheduled to premiere tonight at 8:55 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Disney Channel after a repeat of "The Toy Story That Time Forgot".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:01:34 pm by Mister Bighead »