Author Topic: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!  (Read 32439 times)

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Re: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:18 pm »
Update on the Season 1 DVD, a full retail release is set for December 2nd 2014:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-mickey-mouse-72421/

You can still get at Walmart at the store or online (the latter of which I did). Also, I got the DVD, and can confirm the following:

-Includes all 18 shorts from Season 1 including O Futebol Classico from Season 2
-A 5-minute featurette: A Modern Mickey Mouse
-All shorts with 5.1 sound!

Lastly, for those who don't prefer Walmart and rather wait, an Amazon listing has popped up:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00MY498QW/

Gabrielkat

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:52 pm »
Update on the Season 1 DVD, a full retail release is set for December 2nd 2014:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-mickey-mouse-72421/

You can still get at Walmart at the store or online (the latter of which I did). Also, I got the DVD, and can confirm the following:

-Includes all 18 shorts from Season 1 including O Futebol Classico from Season 2
-A 5-minute featurette: A Modern Mickey Mouse
-All shorts with 5.1 sound!

Lastly, for those who don't prefer Walmart and rather wait, an Amazon listing has popped up:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00MY498QW/

O Futebol Clássico was produced for Season 1, but did not air until Season 2, so it makes sense for that short to be included on here.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the next Season 2 short, titled Mumbai Madness, will air on September 26, 2014.
"The dirty f**k!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2014, 01:39:58 am »
Nice to see the whole first season is out on DVD, but I'll probably skip it. I want Blu Ray.

Looking forward to 'Mumbai Madness'. From concept art, it looked like we'd eventually get a short set in India back when the series was newly announced. I don't know what happened to 'The Boiler Room' though. Apparently it was going to air some time ago. This cartoon is supposed to have a monster in it so maybe it's being held back for Hallowe'en?

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2014, 04:09:57 am »
Mumbai Madness is online now. It's really good!

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2014, 06:47:32 am »
Mumbai Madness is online now. It's really good!

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMReeBTNOI

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2014, 02:30:14 am »
Anyone else catch 'The Boiler Room'? Not sure if it's 'officially' online yet, but you can find it if you search around. It was another 'creepy' one, but for me it was a big disappointment especially after last year's brilliant 'Ghoul Friend' episode. Maybe it just wasn't to my taste, I'm no fan of 'things with faces' cartoons and in this one everything had a face! Also it seemed really talky, noisy and kind of all over the place, without the pleasing flow that many of the better episodes have. There was still some great art and plenty of creative and funny expressions and poses, I just wish they'd been put to use in a better spooky story.

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2014, 07:33:41 am »

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:41 pm »
Some of these new shorts are fun, and others are pretty dumb.  I've liked the shorts without Donald and Goofy best so far.  I really can't say that I care much for the new Donald Duck design.  Here's hoping they don't bring Uncle Scrooge into these shorts...I'd hate to see how they'd draw him.

The new design for all characters in this show is "TERRIBLE". The characters look nothing like themselves and this include Mickey and Minnie as well.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »
Far as hand drawn animation goes at Disney in general cross your fingers and hope that John Lasseter get sacked. The man is Pro-computer Animation. And according to his Wikipedia page he was sacked by Disney in mid-1980s for promoting computer animation at the studio. Since he came back on board in 2005, studio's out put has been pre-dominated of Computer animation no matter how good ideas you might have how Disney can bring back hand-drawn animation nothing much will happen as long as that man runs the show.

"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »
Some of these new shorts are fun, and others are pretty dumb.  I've liked the shorts without Donald and Goofy best so far.  I really can't say that I care much for the new Donald Duck design.  Here's hoping they don't bring Uncle Scrooge into these shorts...I'd hate to see how they'd draw him.

The new design for all characters in this show is "TERRIBLE". The characters look nothing like themselves and this include Mickey and Minnie as well.
Come on, the designs look okay to me. And I think most of the shorts are good (like "No Service" is a favorite of mine, "Gasp!" was really funnier, and "Down the Hatch" is Disney's answer to Ren & Stimpy on its gross content inside Donald's body).
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

If you think that's bad, try watching Mickey Mouse Craphouse.  :smile: 

In my opinion, the designs in these new Mickey cartoons fit the characters more than what Warner Bros. did with their classic characters for the now-cancelled Looney Tunes Show.
Far as hand drawn animation goes at Disney in general cross your fingers and hope that John Lasseter get sacked. The man is Pro-computer Animation. And according to his Wikipedia page he was sacked by Disney in mid-1980s for promoting computer animation at the studio. Since he came back on board in 2005, studio's out put has been pre-dominated of Computer animation no matter how good ideas you might have how Disney can bring back hand-drawn animation nothing much will happen as long as that man runs the show.

Um, have you seen The Princess and the Frog, Winnie the Pooh, How to Hook Up Your Home Theater, and/or The Ballad of Nessie? All of those films (both features and shorts) are traditionally animated and were produced when Lasseter was the head of the studio. He attempted to bring back traditional animation to Disney. (I believe the plan was to produce a traditionally animated Disney feature every other year.) I wouldn't blame the lack of 2-D Disney films on him, but blame it on the general public.

It seems that general audiences would rather watch computer animation in the theaters than either hand-drawn or stop-motion animation. Computer animation does seem to bring in more and more box office revenue which, again, is the fault of the general public. However, I believe audiences would like to see traditional animation on the big screen again. The 3-D re-releases of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast did well at the box office.
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2014, 09:34:00 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but while on the subject of new character designs for classic characters, take a look at some redesigns for the Seven Dwarfs.

This is how the characters appear in a new animated series, The 7D:

Now, compare them to the orginals:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:35:35 pm by Mister Bighead »

ForumDocXV

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2014, 10:09:39 pm »
I wouldn't blame the lack of 2-D Disney films on him, but blame it on the general public.

It seems that general audiences would rather watch computer animation in the theaters than either hand-drawn or stop-motion animation. Computer animation does seem to bring in more and more box office revenue which, again, is the fault of the general public. However, I believe audiences would like to see traditional animation on the big screen again. The 3-D re-releases of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast did well at the box office.
I feel that way too. I was hoping hand-drawn animation (done on computer with "Toon Boom") would come back to the cinemas, but unfortunately the last Harry Potter movie nuked out the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie when they were released on the same day. Which is why Disney had announced a couple years ago that they are no longer making theatrical hand-drawn animated films.

If I was already working in the animation industry, I would most definitely try my best to bring back hand-drawn animation to the big screen, and that's the only thing I'm good at in animation to this day. I mostly suck at CGI, it takes too much time to do all the movements, rendering, and backgrounds for me.
I'm not just a fan of classic golden age animation, I'm also a fan of video games, anime, and modern animation (both 2D and CGI animation).

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2014, 11:51:51 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but while on the subject of new character designs for classic characters, take a look at some redesigns for the Seven Dwarfs.

This is how the characters appear in a new animated series, The 7D:

Now, compare them to the orginals:

This again?!  Look, I know the whole designs are very very different, but I'm letting them slide since A. I'm a fan of Tom's work and B. I refer to them as dwarfs from an alternative universe not the actual characters, although one of the actors said this takes place before Snow White.

Mister Bighead

• Researcher
  • Head Toad
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2014, 08:05:33 am »
This again?!  Look, I know the whole designs are very very different, but I'm letting them slide since A. I'm a fan of Tom's work and B. I refer to them as dwarfs from an alternative universe not the actual characters, although one of the actors said this takes place before Snow White.

Were you referring to Tom Ruegger, who also worked on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures?

I believe the characters in the 7D were designed by Noah Z. Jones who also created Fish Hooks and Almost Naked Animals. Jones actually isn't that bad of an illustrator. If you take a look at his blog, he posts nothing but amazing art work.

As for his designs on the Seven Dwarfs, it's kind of hard for me to tell who is who. Maybe it's the new outfits and the overhaul on how they look. You can't blame the more "cartoony" art style on that, though. They just look different from their original film counterparts, but they could be considered different characters like you mentioned. However, that's just my two cents.