This website is maintained by Jon Cooke
and Pietro Shakarian
We would like to thank the following people for their help with this website:
- Thanks to Thad Komorowski for formerly co-maintaining this site with us from 2002 to 2007 and to Jack Tatay for working with us from 2002 to 2010.
- Special thanks to Michael Barrier, Jerry Beck, Jim Bennie, Charles Brubaker, Tim Cohea, David Gerstein, Tim Hollis, Richard Jebe, Cole Johnson, Mark Kausler, Tom Klein, Kevin Langley, Patrick McCart, Dave Mackey, Kevin Maddock, Mark Mayerson, Valentin Moretto, Keith Scott, Zoran Sinobad, Tom Stathes, Ted Watts, and Steven R. Wright for providing some historical information.
- Also thanks to Jerry Beck, David Gerstein, Klaus Harms, Bart Kasper, Steve Stanchfield, Larry Tremblay, Philippe Videcoq, and Matt Yorston for providing us with copies of the cartoons that we were missing.
- Additional thanks to Joe Busam, Charles Brubaker, Mihail Evgrafov, Julio Freirias, Lee Glover, Andrea Ippoliti, Dragan Kovacevic, Dave Mackey, David Nestor Jr., Richard Jebe, Larry Tremblay, and Del Walker for supplying us with images from the cartoons that we were missing.
- Further thanks go to Bill Abrams, Cole Johnson, Kevin Langley, Mike Van Eaton, Monte and Taylor Robison, Del Walker, and Ted Watts for supplying us with images of original model sheets, drawings, cels, publicity stills, and advertisements.
- Adamson, Joe. Tex Avery: King of Cartoons. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 1985.
- Adamson, Joe. The Walter Lantz Story with Woody Woodpecker and Friends. New York: Putnam Adult, 1985.
- Barrier, Michael. Hollywood Cartoons: American Animation in Its Golden Age. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Crafton, Donald. Before Mickey: The Animated Film, 1898-1928. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1993.
- Culhane, Shamus. Talking Animals and Other People. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 1998.
- Fitzgerald, Michael G. Universal Pictures: A Panoramic History in Words, Pictures, and Filmographies. New York: Arlington House, 1977.
- Hirshhorn, Clive. The Universal Story: The Complete History of the Studio and All Its Films. London: Hamlyn, 2001.
- Lenburg, Jeff. The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons, Third Edition. New York: Checkmark Books, 2008.
- Lenburg, Jeff. The Great Cartoon Directors. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 1993.
- Maltin, Leonard. Of Mice and Magic: A History of American Animated Cartoons, Second Edition. New York: Plume, 1987.
- Merritt, Russell. Kaufman, J. B. Walt in Wonderland: The Silent Films of Walt Disney. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
- Klein, Tom. "Walt-To-Walt Oswald." Griffithiana: Journal of Film History 71 (2001): 29-43.