Christmas Wishes - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
kintutoons32  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 2:07:27 PM(UTC)
kintutoons32

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Canada

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
What do you wish to see in animation for the new decade?
kintutoons32  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 5:19:41 AM(UTC)
kintutoons32

Canada

For one thing, we could see all the Bosko MGM cartoons beautifully restored, or Totally Tooned In The Complete Series!

What are your ideas?
thanks 1 user thanked kintutoons32 for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/24/2019(UTC)
eutychus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:52:00 AM(UTC)
eutychus

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, WebsiteAdmin
Man
United States

Was thanked: 582 time(s) in 372 post(s)
A Blu-Ray set of all the Silly Symphonies.
thanks 1 user thanked eutychus for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/24/2019(UTC)
dudeman316  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 2:51:42 AM(UTC)
dudeman316

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want more of the Walter Lantz shorts (yes new and old) Restored and released.
kintutoons32  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:33:38 AM(UTC)
kintutoons32

Canada

Okay, I know that this is completely unrelated, but tomorrow's my birthday!
Toonatic  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 2:50:23 PM(UTC)
Toonatic

United States

Was thanked: 272 time(s) in 190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kintutoons32 Go to Quoted Post
Okay, I know that this is completely unrelated, but tomorrow's my birthday!

Happy Birthday to you! :)

Since this thread is about Christmas wishes, mine are:

-NBCUniversal's Peacock adds and renews Happy! for their streaming service.
-More classic shorts on DVD/Blu-ray from Disney
-Lots and LOTS on Looney Tunes DVD/Blu-rays
-Walter Lantz, Famous Studios (non-Popeye/Superman), the TerryToons libraries, A Boy Named Charlie Brown, Snoopy Come Home, and the Rankin/Bass movies on DVD/Blu-ray from Kino Lorber and their sublicensers
-New Roger Rabbit project for Disney+
-Big City Greens on DVD (I'll even take a compilation release)
-More Disney Afternoon shows on DVD
-UniKitty saved from cancellation thanks to the new CN president
-Shout! Factory releases the final 2 seasons of My Little Pony on DVD and announce a complete collection on DVD/Blu-ray, plus more animated titles including the 2 Paramount Peanuts movies, Cats Don't Dance, and an Rankin/Bass box set.
-Shout! Factory starts releasing Cartoon Network titles via their Warner deal.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:01:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Toonatic for this useful post.
kintutoons32 on 12/23/2019(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 12/24/2019(UTC)
WaltWiz1901  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:49:53 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Seconded most of everyone else's wishes, plus:
- A broader range of Disney shorts merchandise (akin to what Nickelodeon and Disney themselves are doing with their Nicktoons and Disney Afternoon shows, respectively)
- (More) Blu-ray releases of the classic Disney, (classic and new) "Looney Tunes"/"Merrie Melodies", "Tom and Jerry", Tex Avery, and miscellaneous MGM shorts, Make Mine Music and Melody Time, The Flintstones (from Warner Archive, not Warner Home Video), The Sword in the Stone (with the new 4K restoration currently available on Disney+), lesser known Peanuts and Rankin/Bass specials, The Black Cauldron, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Simpsons (seasons 1-12 and season 21 onward), most of the retro '90s Nicktoons and some of those shows' corresponding movies, SpongeBob SquarePants (the earlier seasons would use the HD masters currently available on Amazon Instant Video), The Loud House, The Casagrandes, Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling, Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus, etc.
- Mainstream DVD releases of Rugrats seasons 5-9, As Told by Ginger, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, All Grown Up!, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and continuations of the currently incomplete Cartoon Network and Disney television shows
- New "Art of" books for the classic Disney and Warner Bros. shorts, "Looney Tunes Cartoons", Klasky-Csupo's Nicktoons, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, The Angry Beavers, and CatDog, an "Ultimate History" book on Donald Duck, a '90s/'00s They Drew As They Pleased book, a collection of Floyd Gottfredson's post-1955 to 1975 Mickey Mouse comics, etc.
- An expanded version of the A Charlie Brown Christmas album (with all 11-12 tracks from the original album, every alternate take from the 2006 CD version, and full stereo versions of every unreleased cue/take used in the actual special), a soundtrack album for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, a collection of Milt Franklyn scores similar to - and another volume of - the Carl Stalling Project CDs, the 2015 "Silly Symphonies" vinyl set on CD, more volumes of Walt Disney Records' The Legacy Collection, the full music scores to both of Rankin/Bass' Rudolph and Frosty specials and their other seasonal specials, etc.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:11:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked WaltWiz1901 for this useful post.
Toonatic on 12/24/2019(UTC), OutOfOdor on 12/24/2019(UTC)
OutOfOdor  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:05:25 PM(UTC)
OutOfOdor

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 Go to Quoted Post

- (More) Blu-ray releases of the classic Disney, (classic and new) "Looney Tunes"/"Merrie Melodies", "Tom and Jerry", Tex Avery, and miscellaneous MGM shorts... SpongeBob SquarePants (the earlier seasons would use the HD masters currently available on Amazon Instant Video)... Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling
- New "Art of" books for the classic Disney and Warner Bros. shorts, "Looney Tunes Cartoons", Klasky-Csupo's Nicktoons, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life...a collection of Floyd Gottfredson's post-1955 to 1975 Mickey Mouse comics, etc.
- ...a collection of Milt Franklyn scores similar to - and another volume of - the Carl Stalling Project CDs... the full music scores to both of Rankin/Bass' Rudolph and Frosty specials and their other seasonal specials, etc.

Seconded!

Also...

-A fully restored home video release of the 1960s King Features Beatles cartoons. Yes, I know the Fab Four themselves didn't supply the voices for their animated counterparts (aside from the songs, of course), but the cartoons are charming and Paul Frees supplies many incidental voices.

-Complete (or at least mostly complete) CD or digital releases of the great incidental background music from the following shows:
-Inspector Gadget (Shuki Levy and Haim Saban) (Some of these have been released, but not all of them.)
-Rocko's Modern Life (Pat Irwin)
-The Simpsons (Alf Clausen)
-SpongeBob SquarePants (Nick Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield, Michael Bolger, the late Barry Anthony, and others) (Not the well-known cues from the Associated Production Music library, but the original compositions written by a very talented in-house music team. Some of these have been made available "in the clear" in various ways, but not all of them.)

-A CD release of the isolated scores Gene Poddany, Carl Brandt and Dean Elliott wrote for Chuck Jones' Tom and Jerry shorts.

-Releases of the incidental music Hoyt Curtin and Ted Nichols wrote for Hanna-Barbera which haven't been released yet. I'm sure, although some of the Scooby music is available isolated, an official release from preferably La-La-Land Records would make fans squeal with cheer.

-I'm probably the only one here who'd like this, but more releases of the Filmation incidental music. I'm probably the only one who finds the backing music for "The Tom and Jerry Comedy Show" catchy, even if they're used ad nauseum!

-A royalty-free collection of vintage cartoon SFX that aren't available anywhere else, including WB and H-B sounds not on their respective libraries. (I actually have plans of making such a compilation. PM me for further info.)

"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
thanks 2 users thanked OutOfOdor for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/25/2019(UTC), kintutoons32 on 12/25/2019(UTC)
kintutoons32  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 1:13:21 PM(UTC)
kintutoons32

Canada

Well, this is isn't home media related, but I'd personally like to see more than 5 screenshots posted Monday through Friday!