Jerry Beck on Stu's Show - 7/31/19- Page 3 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leviathan  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:09:30 AM(UTC)
Leviathan

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I love how the Warner Archive supposedly has all these wonderful releases in the pipeline that we're not allowed to know even a crumb of information about.

Maybe I'm impatient, and if those releases are happening, then it's better than them not working on anything at all. But it sure doesn't feel that way right now? Why all the secrecy? What assurance do we have that these supposedly great releases will actually come out and aren't just vaporware?
thanks 2 users thanked Leviathan for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 8/13/2019(UTC), Jason Todd on 8/13/2019(UTC)
Mesterius  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:20:21 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leviathan Go to Quoted Post
I love how the Warner Archive supposedly has all these wonderful releases in the pipeline that we're not allowed to know even a crumb of information about.

Maybe I'm impatient, and if those releases are happening, then it's better than them not working on anything at all. But it sure doesn't feel that way right now? Why all the secrecy? What assurance do we have that these supposedly great releases will actually come out and aren't just vaporware?

I'd like to know what upcoming WAC project Stu was "VERY HAPPY" about on a podcast several months ago. He said it almost like it was supposed to be a hint, but a hint about whaaaaaat?
thanks 1 user thanked Mesterius for this useful post.
Jonathan Wilson on 8/13/2019(UTC)
Slowly I Turn  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:40:44 PM(UTC)
Slowly I Turn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Well they just put up on their site a Blu Ray release of The Jetsons, release date 9/10. Maybe that is it.
Mesterius  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:50:31 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Originally Posted by: Slowly I Turn Go to Quoted Post
Well they just put up on their site a Blu Ray release of The Jetsons, release date 9/10. Maybe that is it.

For all I know, that can be what Stu was excited about back then, but it felt like they were talking about WAC's upcoming plans for classic theatrical cartoons. Hard to tell for sure though.
Leviathan  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:56:23 AM(UTC)
Leviathan

United States

But then, why all the secrecy for something as near-inevitable as a Blu-Ray of The Jetsons? How is that supposed to be exciting?
nickramer  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:37:54 PM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Apparently, patience isn't in some peoples' vocabulary...
mellongraig93  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:56:41 PM(UTC)
mellongraig93

Canada

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Update on Jerry's return for Stu's Show on December 18th: it turns out Stu will stay in town to prepare for his appearance after the December 11th because Christmas falls two weeks after he normally does his bi-weekly show, therefore he is doing two weeks in a row in December.

Speaking of which, Stu now has a 24/7 TV Channel for free! This includes some animation/voiceover related content he has done video wise the past few years up to now. It's also part of the Roku TV channel as well. Check it out:

http://stusshow.com/stusshow24-7.html

Edited by user Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:11:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked mellongraig93 for this useful post.
Jason Todd on 8/15/2019(UTC)
Leviathan  
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:46:12 PM(UTC)
Leviathan

United States

Except these supposed new sets coming out are the result of Popeye V1 selling well. Why would Popeye result in The Jetsons?
Mesterius  
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:13:20 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Originally Posted by: nickramer Go to Quoted Post
Apparently, patience isn't in some peoples' vocabulary...

Sure it is. We just really want to know this right away, so that we can lean back and patiently wait for the releases we know are coming.
Mesterius  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 1:17:57 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Originally Posted by: Leviathan Go to Quoted Post

Except these supposed new sets coming out are the result of Popeye V1 selling well. Why would Popeye result in The Jetsons?

It obviously wouldn't. The new sets in planning are clearly something else. Hopefully we'll know more long before Jerry's next Stu's Show visit in December.
Leviathan  
#51 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:11:19 AM(UTC)
Leviathan

United States

We know that Popeye V1 sold well enough for a Volume 2, and Volume 2 sold well enough for a volume 3, and both of these things were enough to result in "very exciting" releases that we're not allowed to know about.
Lee B  
#52 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:51:55 AM(UTC)
Lee B

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 27 post(s)
You guys are creating an impossible to win "damned if they do, damned if they don't" scenario for Jerry and/or the WAC people.

At this moment, you're complaining because after a tease, they haven't told you what's coming or when.

BUT, if they told you specifics about an upcoming project, then they encountered some issue that delayed it, perhaps even indefinitely, some of you would be complaining about "how long you've waited, and where is it??!!?" (Tom and Jerry Blu Volume 2, anyone?)

If those were my two choices, I'd leave everyone in the dark too. They gain nothing by tipping their hands before they're ready. They're not losing sales on something that can't be preordered yet anyway.

And who knows? Maybe they had some project in a stage of readiness that they were comfortable announcing, then suddenly they realized that some of the prints they were using had incorrect audio for the last three notes of the end titles, and decided to hold back. It's not like that doesn't upset some people.

WAC isn't Thunderbean. They don't need to announce titles that aren't ready, just to raise funds to keep the machinery running.

I'm glad many of you are so genuinely enthusiastic about keeping the releases supported. I'm over 50 (ugh) and I love the idea that younger fans have passion for the subject matter. That said, it's a little unrealistic to think that anyone owes you anything. They'll tell us when they tell us.
thanks 2 users thanked Lee B for this useful post.
Jason Todd on 8/16/2019(UTC), SuperMuppet64 on 8/17/2019(UTC)
DawnShadow  
#53 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:14:50 AM(UTC)
DawnShadow

Australia

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
And who knows? Maybe they had some project in a stage of readiness that they were comfortable announcing, then suddenly they realized that some of the prints they were using had incorrect audio for the last three notes of the end titles, and decided to hold back. It's not like that doesn't upset some people

That’s definitely not the case. They made it clear with the needless Popeye soundtrack replacement that they don’t care about that sort of thing and would rather rush out a sub-par product that could have been so much better with as little as a month’s delay.
nickramer  
#54 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 11:05:37 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DawnShadow Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
And who knows? Maybe they had some project in a stage of readiness that they were comfortable announcing, then suddenly they realized that some of the prints they were using had incorrect audio for the last three notes of the end titles, and decided to hold back. It's not like that doesn't upset some people

That’s definitely not the case. They made it clear with the needless Popeye soundtrack replacement that they don’t care about that sort of thing and would rather rush out a sub-par product that could have been so much better with as little as a month’s delay.

Do we have go about this minor detail again? Seriously? I honestly didn't think it ruin the release at all. Heck, I pretty much forgot about it when watching it.
DawnShadow  
#55 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 11:16:30 AM(UTC)
DawnShadow

Australia

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You don’t think that if something can be fixed that easily it’s worth a slight delay? It’s shockingly poor decision making on Warner Archive’s part that they didn’t just delay the release a little to make it better. Sure, if there was no way to fix it I'd agree with you, but they literally had a collector who had pristine quality copies and was more than happy to provide them, and they instead chose to just rush it to release.

I was responding to the user above implying that Warner Archives would hold up a release for something like that. All I’m doing is stating that they obviously wouldn’t. I don’t see why you have a problem with that.

Edited by user Friday, August 16, 2019 11:27:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified