Popeye The Sailor - The 1940's Volume 2 is coming- Page 6 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HeySteve  
#101 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:43:35 AM(UTC)
HeySteve

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I finally got a copy. Best Buy originally estimated delivery on July 8, but once it shipped out, they changed that estimate to July 5, but then it just so happens that the USPS delivered it to my door this afternoon, July 3.
Lee B  
#102 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:25:35 AM(UTC)
Lee B

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm testing some new Blu-ray software, so I figured I'd snag some HD grabs for everyone. Just a random mish mash of stuff.

Love the look of the flame coming out of his pipe. Textured stuff like that, especially flames look really great on the Blu. The big snowball chasing Olive down the ski slope looked great too, but I couldn't find it when I was grabbing shots.

fire

This scene from Island Fling inside the alligator/crocodile was always really dark and nasty in existing prints...no more.

fling

Popeye's outfit is blue. They certainly didn't do that very often.

piano

Close ups look really great, terrific detail. I had some other stuff in mind, but couldn't find them when I was testing the software, so you get this one.

hair

And this one...I admit, I didn't realize Popeye and Bluto were so close...

pals

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:31:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added comments for each photo.

thanks 7 users thanked Lee B for this useful post.
Jason Todd on 7/4/2019(UTC), Ken Layton on 7/4/2019(UTC), Gnik_LJN on 7/4/2019(UTC), Mesterius on 7/4/2019(UTC), MTGM on 7/5/2019(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 7/18/2019(UTC), Jonathan Wilson on 7/19/2019(UTC)
Kristjan  
#103 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:49:49 AM(UTC)
Kristjan

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe that anyone who has seen how incompetent/lying corporations can be would actually be in favor of having those incompetent, lying corporations even more in control of content through streaming.

I see no logic in supporting streaming, considering where I live movies tend to disappear from the service at a given time, while DVDs and Blu-rays don't.
thanks 3 users thanked Kristjan for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 7/18/2019(UTC), Jason Todd on 7/18/2019(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 7/18/2019(UTC)