Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Filmography - Available on DVD and Blu-Ray- Page 6 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Looney Tunes Fan  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:31:01 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 50 post(s)
UPDATE 3/12/19:

Just a minor update today. Fellow member bigscaries PM'd me today to let me know of an error in the "A Message to Gracias" (1964) listing. For some odd reason, I had it listed as being on Golden Collection Volume Three - Disc Four, when it should be listed as Golden Collection Volume Four - Disc Three. I've since corrected this error. Thank you to bigscaries for pointing this error out. :)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#102 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:38:20 PM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

UPDATE 4/9/19:

Just updated the notes section with two notes regarding some brand-new re-release collections coming soon to stores (as well as one that I seemed to have missed all this time!).

These are the new notes for those interested:
*All shorts included on The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, Looney Tunes: Rabbit's Run, and Looney Tunes Center Stage: Volume One DVDs are included in the Looney Tunes Triple Feature: Looney Tunes 3-DVD Collection and Looney Tunes Center Stage Triple Feature DVD collections.

*All shorts included in the five individual Stars of Space Jam DVDs are included in the Stars of Space Jam Collection Volume One DVD collection. However, this set crunches the contents of these sets into 1 disc. Due to this, the quality of the content in this set may have suffered. Buyer discretion advised!

I also corrected some spacing errors in "The List" section of the filmography, as well as added some new info to "The Fright Before Christmas" entry of said list. This new info can be found below, for those interested:

The short is also available on the Stars of Space Jam: Tasmanian Devil DVD (which is included on the Stars of Space Jam Collection Volume One DVD set). However, this release is a strange one. The release has just the short, but its snipped right out of the TV special. This essentially means that the entire last 10 minutes of the special (including all surrounding bridging sequences, the short itself, and the special's end credits) is included on this set.
PorkyPigfan90  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:04:24 AM(UTC)
PorkyPigfan90

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Honeymoon Hotel, Young and Healthy, One Step Ahead Of My Shadow and Sittin On A Backyard Fence will be on the Warner Archive Blu-Ray of Footlight Parade.
thanks 1 user thanked PorkyPigfan90 for this useful post.
Looney Tunes Fan on 6/20/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#104 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:56:56 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 Go to Quoted Post
Honeymoon Hotel, Young and Healthy, One Step Ahead Of My Shadow and Sittin On A Backyard Fence will be on the Warner Archive Blu-Ray of Footlight Parade.

Thank you for the info! Just added these as well as editing some of the other releases on here to indicate that they're Warner Archive releases. :)
bigscaries  
#105 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 2:14:42 AM(UTC)
bigscaries

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
"Daffy Duck in Hollywood" will be available in HD on the Warner Archive Blu-ray release of "Jezebel" coming on August 27, 2019.

https://www.hometheaterf...-jezebel-blu-ray.362874/

Note also, that all the Webtoon commercials listed in the guide are actually available on the Stranger Than Fiction and Reality Check releases. You can cross-check them against the DVD contents listed below:

https://www.filmo.gs/rel...es-stranger-than-fiction
https://www.filmo.gs/rel...oney-tunes-reality-check

My understanding is that the "Stone Cold Duck" commercial listed in the guide is the same as the "Mega Gainer" entry on the Filmogs page.
thanks 1 user thanked bigscaries for this useful post.
Looney Tunes Fan on 8/24/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#106 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:31:20 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Originally Posted by: bigscaries Go to Quoted Post
"Daffy Duck in Hollywood" will be available in HD on the Warner Archive Blu-ray release of "Jezebel" coming on August 27, 2019.

https://www.hometheaterf...-jezebel-blu-ray.362874/

Note also, that all the Webtoon commercials listed in the guide are actually available on the Stranger Than Fiction and Reality Check releases. You can cross-check them against the DVD contents listed below:

https://www.filmo.gs/rel...es-stranger-than-fiction
https://www.filmo.gs/rel...oney-tunes-reality-check

My understanding is that the "Stone Cold Duck" commercial listed in the guide is the same as the "Mega Gainer" entry on the Filmogs page.

Thank you so much for the information! Just updated the filmography with your information, as well as a few other minor updates:

*Added a note to the "Note" section on the first post regarding the four cartoons presented unrestored and in SD on the "Footlight Parade: Warner Archive Collection Blu-ray" release.

*Tidying up the notes section a bit (just fixing some grammatical errors, nothing major).

*UPDATE: Just had to also move the "1938" section to the second post in the thread, due to running out of characters in the first post.

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:35:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cool_Cat  
#107 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:28:43 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Speaking of Boston Quackie being PAL, there was a first batch of TV masters where they synced a music/effects track for foreign dubs, and in the 525/60 standard they hard-converted the PAL masters, retaining the 25fps speed with field blending. These versions were shown on Cartoon Network in America, as well as in some compilations.

Now... Boston Quackie had another copy at the original speed released in the original Stars of Space Jam VHS. That copy airs on TV too. If they used the "sped up" copy on the DVD they really weren't paying attention.

About I Gopher You, in this case they used the version from the 1998 tape, it looks very good.

UserPostedImage

I think they really could get away by using existing masters for the next DVDs if they're lacking the funds for restoring, especially by looking at the disaster ones in the Porky set. The copy of Porky's Badtime Story I recorded on Boomerang in Italy looks 10 times better than what they did. Post 48 shorts in particular don't really need restoration most of the time.
thanks 2 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 8/29/2019(UTC), Looney Tunes Fan on 8/30/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#108 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 7:00:04 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Thank you Cool_Cat for the reminder about the time-compressed masters on the Stars of Space Jam sets! I've added a note regarding that on the first post, as well as some additional information regarding "Hare Splitter" on the "Adventures Of Don Juan DVD (Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection, Vol. 2)" DVD release.:

*"Hare Splitter" and "Boston Quackie" are both presented time-compressed on the "Stars of Space Jam: Bugs Bunny DVD" (in terms of the former) and on the "Stars of Space Jam: Daffy Duck DVD" (in terms of the latter). Both shorts are also time-compressed on the "Stars of Space Jam Collection: Volume One" DVD release (thanks to fellow member Cool_Cat and "The Bugs Bunny Video Guide" for the information).

*"Hare Splitter" is missing its end card on the "Adventures Of Don Juan DVD (Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection, Vol. 2)" DVD release (thanks to "The Bugs Bunny Video Guide" for the information).

EDIT: Also added the upcoming "Looney Tunes Cartoons" series of shorts to the filmography.

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2019 7:52:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cool_Cat  
#109 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 1:49:07 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

Hare Splitter on the Erol Flynn DVD is definitively the Stars of Space Jam VHS version has it has remastered audio. I'm not sure about the Stars of Space Jam DVD version because I don't have yet, I can't remember if it was one of those shorts in that "sped up" package.
thanks 1 user thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Looney Tunes Fan on 9/2/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#110 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:52:17 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

UPDATE 10/11/19:

This update has been something requested since way, way back when I first took over this thread 8 or so years ago, but never got the chance to do so...until now!

The Looney Tunes Filmography now has expanded to include the TV Specials, Movies, TV Series, and Cameo Appearances in their own separate post of this thread! For those interested in taking a look, you can find it here: https://www.intanibase.c...n-DVD-and-Blu-Ray#post56

Feel free to point out any mistakes, additions, improvements, etc. to me either in this thread or via PM! :)

Hope you all enjoy this small expansion to the filmography!
bigscaries  
#111 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:24:32 AM(UTC)
bigscaries

Thanks for the update and for keeping this updated.

Note that "Carnival of the Animals" also appears on Disc 2 of The Essential Bugs Bunny.
Looney Tunes Fan on 10/12/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#112 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:04:11 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Thanks for the update and for keeping this updated.

Note that "Carnival of the Animals" also appears on Disc 2 of The Essential Bugs Bunny.

No problem, and thank you for the addition! I've added that to the filmography as well as some other additions that I just realized I missed as well. :)
bigscaries  
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:10:15 AM(UTC)
bigscaries

The 50th Anniversary Special from 1986 is also split over discs 1 and 3 of the Golden Collection Volume 2.
Looney Tunes Fan on 10/13/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#114 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:42:13 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

The 50th Anniversary Special from 1986 is also split over discs 1 and 3 of the Golden Collection Volume 2.

Apologies for the delay, I've just added this info to the list (thanks for the info! :))

Also, I wanted to get some opinions from the IAD userbase on whether or not the following titles should be included in the Miscellaneous section:

• Graduation Day in Bugland (1931)
  • Neath the Bababa Tree (1931)
  • Put on the Spout (1931)

I hadn't heard of these particular shorts before now. Apparently, they were distributed by Warner Bros. and were animated, although currently lost to time. I just mainly wanted to verify whether or not these were actually Warner Bros. distributed animated pieces, as information on these seems to be lacking.

• The "Spoony Melodies" series

My apprehension in not including this series is due to the fact that they're live-action. However, they were the precursor to the "Merrie Melodies" series, so should they have a place on this list?

Edited by user Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:43:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bigscaries  
#115 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 9:48:43 AM(UTC)
bigscaries

Another recent finding: "You Don't Know What You're Doin!" is a bonus feature on Disc 1 of Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 3 and "Sittin' on a Backyard Fence" is on Disc 3.

Edited by user Friday, October 18, 2019 9:49:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Looney Tunes Fan on 10/18/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#116 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 12:40:41 PM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Another recent finding: "You Don't Know What You're Doin!" is a bonus feature on Disc 1 of Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 3 and "Sittin' on a Backyard Fence" is on Disc 3.

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know whether or not these are included on both versions of that set (I noticed there's an older pressed TCM Archives edition and a Warner Archives MOD re-release edition as well)?
bigscaries  
#117 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:25:41 AM(UTC)
bigscaries

Originally Posted by: Looney Tunes Fan Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know whether or not these are included on both versions of that set (I noticed there's an older pressed TCM Archives edition and a Warner Archives MOD re-release edition as well)?

Sorry for the late reply. I am the holding the TCM Archives edition.

"Moonlight for Two" and "You Don't Know What You're Doin'!" are present on Disc 1.
"One Step Ahead of My Shadow" and "Sittin' on a Backyard Fence" are on Disc 3.

Interestingly, the post-WB Bosko "Bosko's Parlor Pranks" is on Disc 2.
Looney Tunes Fan on 10/24/2019(UTC)
nickramer  
#118 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:45:38 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 234 post(s)
That's rather odd. Is the other "safe" Bosko MGM short, "Hey Hey Fever" on DVD/Blu-Ray as well?
Cool_Cat  
#119 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:09:07 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

Yes, it has been released on the A Tale of Two Cities DVD.
Looney Tunes Fan  
#120 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 2:47:40 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

UPDATE 11/2/19:

Minor update today. I added the three miscellaneous shorts that I mentioned above to the "Miscellaneous" section. I also added the "Spoony Melodies" shorts to the same post, due to them being a precursor to the Merrie Melodies shorts.

Additionally, I added a few direct-to-video releases that featured the Looney Tunes and/or Looney Tunes-related content in them as well.

EDIT: Also added the episodes of "The Bugs Bunny Show" and "The Road Runner Show" that were released as part of the SatAM Cartoons 60s Volume Two set to the TV section. I would add "The Porky Pig Show" and "The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour," but I can't confirm whether or not those are actual episodes or recreations (the latter is likely a recreation, since its only a 1/2 hour rather than a full hour). Also didn't add the bridging sequences of "The Bugs Bunny Show," as none of those feature the full, complete episodes.

Edited by user Sunday, November 3, 2019 3:52:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified