The 2013 Annual IAD Halloween Party! - Forum.
Mister Bighead
2014-12-15T22:01:59Z
Mister Bighead's Note: The following is an archive of the Halloween party thread of October 2013. Everything is unaltered.

Post #1 posted by wiley207 on October 19, 2013, 02:13:48pm

Continuing a tradition from last year and from the old GAC Forums, I thought I'd bring it back once more. And if this goes well, I'll do one for Christmas too when December hits! And the new members (I'm looking at you, ForumDocXV!) are definitely welcome to join the party. So here we go!

*We open on Bugs and Daffy's little house. Daffy Duck has just donned a Sherlock Holmes-esque coat, deerstalker cap and magnifying glass...*

[daffy] : Aha! I, Dorlock Holmes, will solve the baffling case of the missing candy!

*Bugs Bunny enters dressed as a hippie, with a tie-dye shirt, a medallion, sandals, small tinted specs, his ears drooping back over his head and held together with a rubber band, and a small white goatee on his chin.*

[bugs2] : I'm glad to see you got your costume ready, duck!

[daffy] : BUGS? Why are you dressed like a hippie? We all remember when you really DID look like that in the early '70s!

[bugs2] : I thought "Why not?" I haven't really used these hippie threads for almost 40 years.

[daffy] : Well that makes sense. Porky Pig is going to be my trusted associate Dr. Watkins, and I also invited the other main stars, along with... *pulls out a list* Ralph and Sam, Sniffles, the Goofy Gophers, Pete Puma, Bosko, Buddy, Cool Cat, Droopy, Slick McWolf, Screwey Squirrel, Barney Bear, Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Andy Panda, *stops to pant a bit* Bimbo, Popeye, the Fox and Crow, Grumpy Dwarf, Fethry, Roger Rabbit, the Pink Panther, and the girls: Red Hot Riding Hood, Betty Boop, Jessica Rabbit and So White! I also got the Three Little Bops (plus one) to provide music again!

[bugs2] : You know Daffy, with the Looney Tunes Show no longer in production, this party means things can be zany again.

[daffy] : I can hardly wait...
Mister Bighead
2014-12-15T22:05:48Z
Mister Bighead's Note: The "Red" smilie seems to not be an option on these new forums.

Post #2 by me on October 19, 2013, 03:59:22pm

[speedy] (holding a flashlight in front of his face in the dark, speaking in an evil voice) And meanwhile, a couple of blocks away.

[The the flashlight goes out.]

[speedy] Aye, aye, aye! Bugs really needs to pay that flashlight electric bill. If only Daffy could find a job.

[We enter Charlie Brown's house where the Peanuts gang puts on their costume for tricks or treats.]

Charlie Brown: I really hope I don't get a bunch of rocks this Halloween especially since I didn't goof up this year on my ghost costume.

[CB puts on a pink ghost costume.]

Lucy (dressed as [red]): Hehe, but you did goof up on your laundry.

CB: Oh, good grief! Don't blame me for how the laundry turned out.

[Snoopy, dressed up as the Red Baron stands next to him whistling.]

Pigpen (cleaned up to look like a businessman): Hey, where is Linus?

Lucy: He's probably in that stupid pumpkin patch waiting for the stupid Great Pumpkin to arrive! That stupid kid!

CB: Actually, Linus doesn't believe in the Great Pumpkin anymore.

[Everyone gasps.]

CB: That's right. He has changed. He turned away from the Great Pumpkin and started investing in stock. He also doesn't carry his blanket around anymore. He possibly has an interest in my little sister.

[Sally, who decided to watch a 41st anniversary rerun of Daffy and Porky Meet the Groovy Goolies instead of going trick-or-treating, pops in the living room (where the kids are) moving her things from her room to her brother's since he will be gone for a while. She overhears the conversation.]

Sally: LINUS DOES LIKE ME!

CB: I said "possibly" baby sister.

Sally: Rats! Double rats!

Schroeder (dressed as Beethoven): Rerun has inherited his traits. He's now carrying a blanket and he's in the pumpkin patch. He invited some girl with braids from school to sit with him.

CB: Well, if we're going to get the best candy, we need to leave now.

Lucy: Let's hope that stupid duck doesn't cheat us on candy this time!

[The rest of the gang leaves the house. Sally could not stand the first ten seconds of the special she planned to watch, so she rushes to her room to put together a princess costume at the last minute. She quickly runs out the door after she finishes the costume and wears it.]

Sally: Guys wait for me!

[speedy] (now has a back-up generator plugged into the flashlight): As the kids leave the house to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood, a maniacal laugh originates from a faraway haunted hill in the dark...

[The generator explodes causes Speedy to fly up into the air.]

[speedy] Holy guacamole! This is the last time I'm buying a generator from ACME!
Mister Bighead
2014-12-15T22:09:43Z
Post #3 by ParamountCartoons on October 19, 2013, 06:49:09pm

[speedy] Ow, I can't believe Daffy PURPOSELY bought me an Acme generator

[daffy] A-ha now I caught you, soo...

(eats Speedy) This is going to be a non-canon Halloween . (laughs maniaclly)

Rerun: The Great Pumpkin will give you a lump of coal

Granny: How many times I told you not to eat mice?

[daffy] But you enounage your cat to do so

[speedy] Andere, Andere, Ariba *thwoing*

[daffy] Great, now i'll get sick on candy!

(Leaves) Thanks-a-lot!
Mister Bighead
2014-12-15T22:14:03Z
Post #4 by wiley207 on October 19, 2013, 07:47:06pm

[bugs2] : How'd you eat Speedy and then spit him out?

[daffy] : Special effects magic, my friend!

[sylvestr] : *dressed up in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses* Besides, I'M normally the one who'd want to eat Speedy!

*More guests arrive. We see [roadrunner] as Harpo Marx, [coyote] dressed in a white lab coat and with goggles, [foghorn] as Senator Claghorn, [droopy] as Snoopy (with a fake white swimming cap with blg black ears attached and a black collar), [lepew] suiting up in the dog costume from "Scent-imental Over You," and [coolcat] dressed as a hippie, similar to Bugs.*

[coolcat] : Well, it looks like this evening is ruined...

[bugs2] : Not exactly. More unusual stuff has to happen! *doorbell chimes* See what I mean?

* [daffy] opens the door to see the Three Little Bops and the Wolf from the same short.*

[daffy] : Thanks for coming!

Wolf: Anytime, man! Say, I invited some other wolf friends to come along. Is that OK? They can really help liven up this party too!

[daffy] : *looks at Bugs, then to Wolf* Well, OK...

Wolf: Great! Come on in, fellas!

*Now a whole bunch of cartoon wolves come running in! This includes [wolfie], the MGM Southern wolf, the "Pigs in a Polka" wolf, the "Sheepish Wolf," the "Turn-Tale Wolf," Charles M. Wolf (of "Hare-less Wolf"), Ralph Wolf, Thomas Timberwolf, Walter Wolf (from Slappy Squirrel), a wolf from Mighty Mouse ("Wolf! Wolf!"), Hokey Wolf, Loopy de Loop, that Walter Lantz wolf (from "Who's Cookin Who," "Red Riding Hoodlum," etc.) and the wolf from Ub Iwerks' "Little Boy Blue." *

[bugs2] : DAFFY!!!

[daffy] : Hey, we gotta give the wolves a chance! It's Halloween, the season of the werewolf, so it's perfect!

*Now the Fruit Brute wolf enters!*

Fruit Brute: Werewolf, huh? Looks like a fun shindig! My friend Count Chocula told me about these parties, from when he went to the one three years ago! Is there any FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT here?

[bugs2] : *sighs* Yes. Daffy bought some Fruit Brute cereal and stocked them up in the pantry.

[daffy] : Seriously, Bugs. His cereal was featured on "Pulp Fiction!"

*But now [red] (dressed as Disney's Cinderella), [betty] (dressed as Little Red Riding Hood) and [coal] (dressed as Princess Tiana) all enter, and then all the wolves go crazy! They jump up, wolf-whistle and howl!*

[red] : Oh god, not this again!

[coal] : Back! We gots wolfbane!

*The wolves go back to socializing with each other and the other guests, as the Three Little Bops and their Wolf partner perform some cool jazz music.*

[droopy] : Well that was easy.
Mister Bighead
2014-12-16T14:50:03Z
Post #5 by me on October 19, 2013, 08:07:35 pm

[The doorbell rings. [daffy] opens the door to see the Peanuts gang.]

Peanuts gang: Trick or treat!

[daffy] Hey kids! It's great to see you again.

[Snoopy takes a peek inside to see all the commotion. He notices the costume party. He sees [droopy] dressed as him and growls.]

Lucy: Do you have any candy for us this time?

[daffy] (sweating) Well... I... Uh... The candy is missing this year. I did manage to buy some, but some crook stole it all!

Charlie Brown: Well, do you have anything else?

[ [bugs2] walks to the door.]

[bugs2] We do have some Fruit Brute cereal. Do you want some of it?

Lucy: I eat Froot Loops every morning, so no thank you!

Fruit Brute wolf: Howl-oooo! Not Froot Loops, Fruit Brute! Do I look like some kooky toucan to you!?

[bugs2] He's right. Besides, this cereal hasn't been in stock for many years. This may be your only chance to obtain some for free.

Lucy: Fine, we'll take your crummy cereal!

[ [bugs2] gives the gang some cereal.]

The gang: Wow!

CB: I got Fruity Pebbles!

[ [pink] holds up signing reading "By the way, nice costume kid!"]

[bugs2] Would you kids like to stay for the party?

CB: No thanks. We need to check on Rerun. He's sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for some Great Pumpkin thing. You wouldn't understand.

[bugs2] Here's an extra bag of Fruit Brute. I don't want the kid to be left out. [He hands it to Lucy.]

[daffy] Happy Halloween!

The gang leaves and heads for the local pumpkin patch.

[speedy] (holds up the battery-powered flashlight to his face) The party was going well. However, a mysterious silhouetted figure was mingling at the party. He was a creepy fellow, but looked very suspicious...

[sylvestr] (turns Speedy's flashlight off) Knock it off with the narrating stuff! You don't want to be eaten again.

[speedy] Sorry senior! I'm getting paid to do this tonight.
Mister Bighead
2014-12-16T14:52:58Z
Mister Bighead's Note: The Sylvester, Jr. smilie seems to be absent. 🤨

Post #6 by ParamountCartoons on October 20, 2013, 03:39:34 pm

[daffy] Time for a scary story. And no it won't be Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Groovie Ghoulies. Even if you miss Lou Schimer

[buzzy] I hope you're not predicting Bobbi Kristina will drown in a jacuzzi. I got her off the crow meat diet and her addictions

[coal] Yeah that would give me the chills

[daffy] Scarier

[magoo] You saw everyone who shot JFK and met them....

[daffy] Even more scary than that. It's a creepypasta known as.....Squidward's Suicide

[shame] Tell us the story

[daffy]"just want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one.

I was an intern at Nickelodeon Studios for a year in 2005 for my degree in animation. It wasn't paid of course, most internships aren't, but it did have some perks beyond education. To adults it might not seem like a big one, but most kids at the time would go crazy over it.

Now, since I worked directly with the editors and animators, I got to view the new episodes days before they aired. I'll get right to it without giving too many unnecessary details. They had very recently made the SpongeBob movie and the entire staff was somewhat sapped of creativity so it took them longer to start up the season. But the delay lasted longer for more upsetting reasons. There was a problem with the series 4 premiere that set everyone and everything back for several months"......(continiues and finishes reading a story that is too grim for the users)