Bobby Bickert
a month ago
I had posted about this here last Friday. But the next day I realized that I had posted in the wrong sub-forum. I deleted that thread and reposted in the correct sub-forum. But the thread didn't show up. Try again:

Cartoon Network's new Sunday morning schedule:

The Scooby Doo Show airs at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM.
A direct-to-video Scooby Doo movie airs at 9:00 AM.
The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe may air as filler after the movie.
The Looney Tunes Show airs at 11:00 AM, 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
The Tom and Jerry Show airs at 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM.
Tiny Toons Looniversity (one episode from Season One, one episode from Season Two) airs at 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM.

When I watched last Sunday morning, the "coming up next" was for Scooby Doo and Guess Who?, so I thought that my cable TV box's guide was wrong. But Cartoon Network did indeed show two Scooby Doo segments from The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour (retitled The Scooby Doo Show for syndication). This Sunday, Cartoon Network is showing one Scooby Doo segment from Scooby's All Star Laff-A-Lympics (retitled The Scooby Doo Show for syndication) and one episode from what has been called the "third season" of Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, from the 1978-79 season. For the original Saturday morning broadcasts (which I watched), the original Scooby Doo, Where Are You? opening from 1969 was reused. The title card used the same background painting and lettering that would later be used for Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo and The Richie Rich/Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show, but with the whole gang running across the bottom of the screen. I'm curious to see what opening will be used for Cartoon Network's Saturday morning broadcasts.

EDIT: Cartoon Network had corrected the "coming up next" to The Scooby Doo Show. Both episodes that aired this morning had the opening from The Scooby Doo Show that was used in syndication. The episode from 1978, "A Highland Fling With a Monstrous Thing" had the title card format that I remember. (But I had forgotten that the Mystery Machine is in it.)

Scooby Dum was in the episode that aired at 8:30 AM, "Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats". Fred calls the two dogs "the Scooby brothers". But I remember them being called "the Scooby cousins". I'm guessing that it was a writer's error.

EDIT #2: Cartoon Network goofed again. The "coming up next" was for Scooby Doo and Guess Who?, even though they showed two Scooby Doo segments from The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour, including the one that introduced Scooby Dum, "The Gruesome Game of the Gator Ghoul". The opening titles of this one had been sped-up, but everything else was normal speed.

EDIT #3: Cartoon Network was back to The Scooby Doo Show for the "coming up next". Two more Scooby Doo segments from The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour were shown, including another one with Scooby Dum, "The Headless Horseman of Halloween". Scooby Dum is called Scooby Doo's brother and Scooby Doo's cousin in the same episode. And I recognized Janet Waldo voicing the great great granddaughter of Ichabod Crane. One of the characters in the other episode, "Scared a Lot in Camelot" was "Uncle Shagworthy", who was voiced by Casey Kasem. So Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated wasn't the first time that Casey Kasem voiced one of Shaggy's relatives.

EDIT #4: The first three "coming up next" said The Scooby Doo Show, but the fourth (and final) one said Scooby Doo and Guess Who?. Two more Scooby Doo segments from The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour. No Scooby Dum.

EDIT #5: Every "coming up next" was for The Scooby Doo Show, so maybe Cartoon Network has finally got things straightened out. Two more Scooby Doo segments from The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour. The first one, "Mamba Wamba and the Voodoo Hoodoo", recycled the zombie character design from an episode of Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, though with different clothes. (And in one scene, Shaggy and Scooby put a dress on the zombie.) In the second one, "A Frightened Hound Meets Demons Underground", statues of a werewolf and a witch in a museum also looked like recycled character designs from Scooby Doo, Where Are You?. No Scooby Dum.

Quick Reply

© 2024 - YetAnotherForum.NET