S. C. MacPeter
2024-03-30T14:57:40Z
Those fears seem to be realized, as the man responsible for the shakeup in programming, Dave Byer, has left his position.  This puts the future of the Boomerang channel in big limbo
Bobby Bickert
2024-03-30T23:26:10Z
And I just got Boomerang (which I have to pay extra for) in October 2022. (Supposedly it wasn't available while I was living at Brewer's Bridgeway, which is only about 30 miles away from where I'm living now, with the same cable TV provider.)

If Boomerang's days are numbered, at least they're going out with a bang. Their overnight schedule for April 1st includes a seven hour block of Looney Tunes, most of which isn't part of the regular schedule (including "Hollywood Capers"), a two-and-a-half hour block of Tom and Jerry, most of which isn't part of the regular schedule, and an hour-and-a-half block of Popeye, none of it part of the regular schedule, 2/3 of it from the 1950's.

On top of that Cartoon Network's daytime schedule for April 1st includes two-and-a-half hours of classic Looney Tunes (in two separate blocks), more recent TV series with the characters, and a marathon of Tiny Toons Looniversity.

Boomerang's schedule for Easter Sunday, March 31st:

The Looney Tunes Show airs at 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM.
New Looney Tunes (Easter-themed) airs at 7:00 AM.
Jellystone! ("Meet the Jetsons") airs at 7:30 AM.
Care Bears: Unlock the Magic: An Alomost Eggless Easter (2019) airs at 8:00 AM.
Care Bears: Unlock the Magic: A Patch of Pertubed Petunias (2019) airs at 8:15 AM.
The Smurfs: Springtime Specials (2023) airs at 8:30 AM.
Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo airs at 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM.
The New Scooby Doo Movies (with the Three Stooges) airs at 10:00 AM.
Tom and Jerry Tales airs at 11:00 AM and 11:30 AM.
The Tom and Jerry Show airs at 12:00 PM.
Looney Tunes (including "Ballot Box Bunny") airs at 1:00 PM.
New Looney Tunes (same episode that aired at 7:00 AM) airs at 2:30 PM.
Wacky Races (the original series) airs at 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM.
Wally Gator airs at 4:00 PM.
Jabberjaw airs at 4:30 PM.
The New Scooby Doo Mysteries airs at 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM.
Tom and Jerry (including "Happy Go Ducky") airs at 7:00 PM.
Looney Tunes (including "Ballot Box Bunny") airs at 8:00 PM.
Jellystone! ("Meet the Jetsons") airs at 9:00 PM.
Taz-Mania airs at 9:30 PM.
Duck Dodgers airs at 10:00 PM and 10:30 PM.
The Jetsons airs at 11:00 PM and 11:30 PM.
Yogi's Space Race airs at 12:00 AM at 12:30 AM.
Galaxy Goof-Ups airs at 1:00 AM and 1:30 AM.
Laff-A-Lympics airs at 2:00 AM and 2:30 AM.
Jabberjaw airs at 3:00 AM and 3:30 AM.
Yogi's Gang airs at 4:00 AM.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 4:30 AM.
The New Scooby Doo Movies (both with the Harlem Globetrotters) airs at 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM.
Slowly I Turn
2024-03-31T13:26:31Z
I read a speculative article a few months ago where the writer was predicting 5 cable channels that could be going away. Boomerang was one of them. Just going from memory, but he stated that Boomerang prime time viewing was averaging about 40,000 (sorry I don't remember the exact number he stated) and that WBD could kill the channel and it may drive some classic cartoon fans to their pay app if they move the product there.

Since then I have seen that same article pop up in my news feed several times and that is how you get from one person's opinion to seeming like an inevitability. Hopefully, Boomerang continues on and the improved programing endures.
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-01T03:25:17Z
Originally Posted by: Slowly I Turn 

...and that WBD could kill the channel and it may drive some classic cartoon fans to their pay app if they move the product there.

Or buy the DVD's (and Blu-rays), at least for the cartoons that have been released.

(And I already pay $15 a month for an "Entertainment Package" that includes Boomerang.)

Sorry for being late with this update, but my sister came over here today. Boomerang's schedule for Monday, April 1st:

The New Scooby Doo Movies (with the Harlem Globetrotters) airs at 6:00 AM.
A Pup Named Scooby Doo airs at 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM.
Baby Looney Tunes airs at 8:00 AM.
Tom & Jerry Kids airs at 8:30 AM.
Flintstone Kids airs at 9:00 AM.
Yo, Yogi! airs at 9:30 AM.
Yogi Bear airs at 10:00 AM.
The Flintstones airs at 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM.
The Jetsons airs at 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated (the episode with Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw and Captain Caveman) airs at 12:30 PM.
Scooby Doo, Where Are You? airs at 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM.
What's New Scooby Doo? airs at 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM.
Top Cat airs at 4:00 PM.
Yogi's Treasure Hunt airs at 4:30 PM.
Looney Tunes airs at 5:00 PM:

"Duck Amuck"
"Acrobatty Bunny"
"Baseball Bugs"
"Baby Bottleneck"
"Birds Anonymous"
"Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid"
"Beep Beep"
"Hollywood Capers" (my cable TV box's guide list as the voice cast: Berenice Hansel, Tommy Bond)
"Hook, Line and Stinker"
"Hoppy Daze"
"Lighthouse Mouse"
"Rabbit Fire"
"Rhapsody Rabbit"
"The Iceman Ducketh"
"Rabbitson Crusoe"
"What's Up Doc?"
"Zoom and Bored"
"Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24 1/2th Century"
"Hare-Way to the Stars"
"Lickety Splat"
"Putty Tat Trouble"
"Roman Legion-Hare"
"Sandy Claws"
"The Ducksters
"The Hare-Brained Hypnotist"
"The Old Grey Hare"
"The Unruly Hare"
"Wabbit Twouble"
"Wackiki Wabbit"
"Along Came Daffy" (the description includes "Yosemite Sam and his brother")
"Chariots of Fur"
"Long-Haired Hare"
"Napoleon Bunny-Part"
"A Star Is Bored"
"Rabbit's Feat"
"To Hare Is Human"
"Hare-Breadth Hurry"
"Canary Row"
"From Hare to Heir"
"Little Red Riding Rabbit"
"Rabbit Rampage"
"Rabbit Transit"

Duck Dodgers airs at 12:00 AM.
The Looney Tunes Show airs at 12:30 AM and 1:00 AM.
The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries airs at 1:30 AM.

Tom and Jerry airs at 2:00 AM:

"Downhearted Duckling"
"The Bodyguard"
"Cat Fishin'"
"Duel Personality"
"The Cat and the Mermouse"
"Flirty Birdy"
"The Flying Cat"
"Little Quacker"
"Little Runaway"
"Mice Follies"
"Mucho Mouse"
"Southbound Duckling"
"The Truce Hurts"
"The Yankee Doodle Mouse"
"The Year of the Mouse"

Popeye airs at 4:30 AM:

"A Haul in One"
"Sock-A-Bye, Baby"
"Ancient Fistory"
"Assault and Flattery"
"Bride and Gloom"
""Greek Mirthology"
"I Yam What I Yam"
"Popeye the Sailor"
"How Green Is My Spinach"

(But no "Cookin' With Gags".)

Also, "Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century" is part of Boomerang's block of Looney Tunes on Tuesday, April 2nd.

EDIT: On Tuesday, April 2nd, Jellystone! ("Meet the Jetsons") airs at 7:30 PM, replacing the repeat of the episode of The Flintstones that aired at 10:30 AM.

And in place of Boomerang Theater is the following block:

Scooby Doo and the Spooky Scarecrow (2014) airs at 12:00 AM

Scooby Doo: Spooky Games (2012) airs at 12:30 AM.

Scooby Doo and the Beach Beastie (2015) airs at 1:00 AM.

Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 1:30 AM.
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-02T22:36:01Z
On Wednesday, April 3rd, "Ready, Set, Zoom!" gets added to Boomerang's blocks of Looney Tunes.

And Boomerang Theater is The Man Called Flintstone. (My cable TV box's guide lists this voice cast: Mel Blanc, June Foray, Paul H. Frees, Gerry Johnson, Harvey Korman. No Alan Reed, Jean Vander Pyl, or Henry Corden (who did Fred's singing voice).)

EDIT: On Friday April 5th, "Slick Hare" gets added to Boomerang's blocks of Looney Tunes.

At 8:00 PM a new episode of Jellystone! ("Disco Fever" and "Cindy Vs. Noodle Arms") airs instead of a repeat of the 11:00 AM episode of The Flinstones.

EDIT #2: I watched The Man Called Flintstone on Boomerang last night. (Except about 2/3 of the way through the movie, there was a test of the Emergency Broadcast System, which replaced the image and the audio. This is the second time that this has happened while I was watching something on Boomerang.) No Wilma as "Our Lady of Columbia" (aka "Proud Lady") at the beginning. And I saw dirt and scratches on the print. I hope this wasn't the print that was used for the DVD.

The story was credited to Harvey Bullock and R. S. Allen, with "additional material by" William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, Warren Foster and Alex Lovy. (And some gags were reminiscent of gags from WB cartoons, though more like the ones Michael Maltese wrote for Wile E. Coyote.)

Paul Frees voiced Fred's doppelganger Rock Slag, as well as at least three other characters, most of them villains. (And one of them was a "master of disguise", so he got to use multiple voices for the same character.) June Foray also voiced a villain, so I think you can guess which voice she used. Harvey Korman voiced Rock Slag's boss, Chief Boulder. Don Messick voiced quite a few incidental characters, in addition to Hoppy the Hopasaurus. Mel Blanc voiced incidental characters, in addition to Barney and Dino. John Stephenson also voiced incidental characters, even though Mr. Slate isn't in the movie. And I'm guessing that the incidental female characters were voiced by Jean Vander Pyl and maybe Gerry Johnson. No screen credit for Henry Corden, even though he did Fred's singing when Fred and Barney sing "Teammates". (I thought that there was a scene of Fred serenading Wilma, but I must have been mixing it up with Yogi serenading Cindy in Hey There, it's Yogi Bear!, which I also watched on Tampa's WTOG 44 in the late 1970's.) And I don't know who did the voices of Pebbles and Bamm Bamm when "sang". (It wasn't the people who sang "Let the Sun Shine In" in Season 6.)

The songs were co-written by Doug Goodwin (pre-DePatie-Freleng), just like Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!. And one of the songs was sung by Louis Prima.

The animation seemed fuller, just like Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! (though the backgrounds had about the same level of detail as the ones in the TV series), so The Man Called Flintstone must have had a higher budget too. Wilma had a ribbon tied around the "bun" in her hair and was wearing a lavender dress instead of her usual white one. Betty's dress was a darker shade of blue, though it was still light blue. And Pebbles was wearing a green blouse (still with black spots) instead of her usual orange one. Fred, Barney and Bamm Bamm looked like their usual selves.

One final thing, the airplane had "Quantas" painted on it . (It reminded me of the very detailed box of Honey Nut Cheerios in The Chipmunk Adventure.) I wonder if Qantas was an uncredited sponsor?
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-05T23:00:58Z
For some reason there's going to be some wrestling-themed programming on Boomerang on Saturday and Sunday, including "Bunny Hugged" as part of Sunday's block of Looney Tunes.

Here's Boomerang's schedule for Saturday, April 6th:

The Looney Tunes Show airs at 6:00 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM.
A Pup Named Scooby Doo airs at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM. (The episode that airs at 8:00 is wrestling-themed.)
The New Scooby Doo Movies (the crossover with the "Jeannie" Saturday morning cartoon) airs at 10:00 AM.
The Tom and Jerry Show (Kung Fu-themed) airs at 12:00 PM.
Looney Tunes airs at 1:00 PM.
Taz-Mania airs at 2:30 PM.
Jellystone! ("Disco Fever" and "Cindy Vs. Noodle Arms") airs at 3:00 PM.
Boomerang Theater (The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown) airs at 3:30 PM.
Boomerang Theater (The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-Wrestlemania!) airs at 4:45 PM.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 6:30 PM.
The Tom and Jerry Show (repeat of the episode that aired at 11:00 AM) airs at 7:00 PM.
Looney Tunes airs at 8:00 PM.
Taz-Mania (neither episode a repeat of the episode that aired at 2:30 PM) airs at 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM.
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated airs at 12:00 and 12:30 AM.
Be Cool, Scooby Doo! airs at 1:00 AM and 1:30 AM.
Wacky Races (the original series) airs at 3:00 AM and 3:30 AM.
Yogi's Gang airs at 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM.
The New Adventures of Captain Planet airs at 5:00 AM and 5:30 AM.
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-06T23:11:21Z
Boomerang's schedule for Sunday, April 7th:

The Looney Tunes Show airs at 6:00 AM, 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM.
Jellystone! ("Disco Fever" and "Cindy Vs. Noodle Arms") airs at 7:30 AM.
A Pup Named Scooby Doo airs at 800 AM and 8:30 AM. (The episode that airs at 8:30 is the same wrestling-themed episode that aired at 8:00 AM on April 6th.)
The New Scooby Doo Movies (with Tim Conway) airs at 10:00 AM.
The Tom and Jerry Show airs at 12:00 PM.
Looney Tunes (including "Bunny Hugged") airs at 1:00 PM.
What's New Scooby Doo? (wrestling-themed) airs at 2:30 PM
Boomerang Theater (Scooby Doo: The WWE Mystery) airs at 3:00 PM.
Boomerang Theater (Scooby Doo and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon) airs at 4:45 PM.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who? airs at 6:30 PM.
The Tom and Jerry Show (same episode that aired at 12:00 PM) airs at 7:00 PM.
Looney Tunes (including "The Phantom Ship") airs at 8:00 PM.
Jellystone! ("Disco Fever" and "Cindy Vs. Noodle Arms") airs at 9:00 PM.
Taz-Mania airs at 9:30 PM.
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated airs at 12:00 AM and 12:30 AM.
Be Cool, Scooby Doo! airs at 1:00 AM and 1:30 AM.
Wacky Races (the original series) airs at 3:00 AM and 3:30 AM.
Yogi's Gang airs at 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM.
The New Adventures of Captain Planet airs at 5:00 AM and 5:30 AM.
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-08T22:55:06Z
Tomorrow (April 9th) on Boomerang:

The blocks of Looney Tunes include "Wabbit Twouble".

The blocks of Popeye include "Assault and Flattery".

The new episode of Jellystone! ("Disco Fever" and "Cindy Vs. Noodle Arms") gets yet another airing, at 7:30 PM, instead of a repeat of the episode of The Flintstones that aired at 10:30 AM.

Also, tonight's (April 8th) overnight block of The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries includes a wrestling-themed episode. I wonder why that wasn't included in Boomerang's wrestling-themed programming this past weekend?

EDIT: Boomerang's overnight schedule for Wednesday, April 10th:

Boomerang Theater (The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones) airs at 12:00 AM.
Top Cat airs at 2:00 AM, 2:30 AM and 3:00 AM.
Yogi's Space Race airs at 3:30 AM, 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM.
Popeye airs at 5:00 AM.

Also, Boomerang's block of Looney Tunes on April 10th includes "Wild Over You", which I don't think was part of the schedule before.

EDIT #2: I watched The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones on Wednesday night. I did NOT like whoever did Betty's voice. She reminded me of Desiree Goyette as Betty Boop in The Romance of Betty Boop. Counting Henry Corden, all of the other characters were voiced by the "veterans". But sometimes Wilma slipped into an accent that I didn't recognize. And Mr. Spacely sounded more like Yosemite Sam than The Great Gildersleeve. (Though Mr. Spacely was in a foul mood for most of the movie.)

You could tell that this movie was made in the 1980's. One of the members of a band had a Mohawk, and another member of the band had spiky hair. Jane taught an aerobics class at a health spa. And there was a reference to Joan Rivers' short-lived late night talk show (and the resulting feud with Johnny Carson).

It was nice to see Rosie's boyfriend Mac. I think he was in only one episode of the original series. And no Orbity. No Pebbles and Bamm Bamm either.

The writers did not do enough research. Mr. Slate was called "Nate Slate", not John Slate. And Dino was called a "Dogasaurus", not a Snorkasaurus.

Ray Patterson was credited as "Supervising Director" in the opening credits. But Don Lusk was credited as "Director" in the end credits. Maybe one of them was the "Animation Director", like Charles Nichols in the early days at Hanna-Barbera. Fleischer animator Berny Wolf was credited as an Associate Producer. And the animation was done overseas, which would explain the characters sometimes being off-model.
Bobby Bickert
2024-04-15T23:31:10Z
Some things that happened on Boomerang while the IAD Forums were down:

"Acrobatty Bunny", "Ballot Box Bunny" and "All Fowled Up" were added to Boomerang's blocks of Looney Tunes.

"How Green Is My Spinach" was added to Boomerang's blocks of Popeye.

A new episode of Jellystone! ("Hot Guys, Cold Turkey" and "Lotions 11") premiered on Boomerang at 7:30 PM on Friday April 12th instead of a repeat of the episode of The Flintstones that aired at 10:30 AM. It aired again on Saturday, April 13th and Sunday, April 14th. And it will air at 7:30 PM on Tuesday, April 16th instead of a repeat of the episode of The Flintstones that aired at 10:30 AM.

Also:

The overnight block pf Looney Tunes on Boomerang tonight (April 15th) includes "Boobs in the Woods" and "Broomstick Bunny".

The block of Looney Tunes on Boomerang on April 16th includes "Bunker Hill Bunny".

The block of Tom and Jerry on Boomerang on April 16th includes "Southbound Duckling", which I don't think was on the schedule before.

Finally, Boomerang is back to Season 1 of The Flintstones. I happened to catch the ending of one episode and the beginning of the next episode while going through the schedule. The opening titles and the end credits were sped up. (But at least nothing was cut out, including "A Screen Gems Presentation".)

EDIT: Tomorrow (April 17th) on Boomerang:

The blocks of Looney Tunes include "Claws For Alarm".

The blocks of Popeye include "Mister and Mistletoe".

Boomerang Theater is The Good, the Bad and Huckleberry Hound.

And it looks like Top Cat has replaced Jabberjaw as part of Wednesday's overnight blocks.