A new ‘special’ disc “All Censored” BDR - Forum.
Steve Stanchfield
2019-03-03T17:11:34Z
It’s been a great packing weekend at Thunderbean; we’re trying to get out any last missing things this weekend, and my pile is now tiny. The extra help I’ve had yesterday and today has been wonderful.

So, now that things are caught up, I’m finally announcing a set I’ve wanted to do for some time and have finally been able to get all the prints I wanted.

A new ‘special’ disc “All Censored”.

This Blu-ray (BDR) set features 14 cartoons from various studios (including Warners, MGM, etc) banned from broadcast or home video release— so the set features cartoons that have been impossible to get decent copies of. I think this set will also fill in critical missing films for your collections as well! All are transferred from film prints. The set also comes in a standard Blu-ray case.

This set is available for one week only (through March 10, 2019). It is limited to 100 copies.

It’s $16.95 plus $3 shipping in the US, $9 to Canada and $14 to anywhere else in the world. Postage is free for anyone who has any Thunderbean discs on pre-order.

The PayPal address is steves@thunderbeananimation.com. Please make sure to include 'All Censored' in your paypal notes as well as your address. We will send a confirmation with all orders via email.

Thanks to all for supporting Thunderbean through all these years and so many projects. You’ve all helped restore so many films, and I’m very grateful to have been able to help make so many cool things available in good quality.
Mesterius
2019-03-03T17:56:25Z
Sooo... could we assume both "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat" are on there?
telzall
2019-03-03T18:25:04Z
Money sent!!!
Lee B
2019-03-03T18:44:00Z
Love it. Thanks again, Steve. Payment sent!
Wataloon37
2019-03-03T22:41:00Z
vdubdavid
2019-03-04T06:20:59Z
Payment sent and looking forward to hearing from you!
Einhander
2019-03-04T21:00:27Z
Originally Posted by: fred61 

Why would I buy this Steve?!... as you obviously lie to your customers! More than a month after you promised to send my order, still nothing! Now until the end of the week if you can’t confirm my order was shipped and dont send me a tracking number, I will open a dispute with paypal, have my TEN (10!) preorders refunded and use all the time I have to denounce your false promises on every cartoon website and forum I can find online!!!

Would you still be complaining if you had to do all the hard work that Steve does? None of the things he does is easy work. Be patient and cool off.
looneylife326
2019-03-05T01:24:20Z
Originally Posted by: Einhander 

Why would I buy this Steve?!... as you obviously lie to your customers! More than a month after you promised to send my order, still nothing! Now until the end of the week if you can’t confirm my order was shipped and dont send me a tracking number, I will open a dispute with paypal, have my TEN (10!) preorders refunded and use all the time I have to denounce your false promises on every cartoon website and forum I can find online!!!

Would you still be complaining if you had to do all the hard work that Steve does? None of the things he does is easy work. Be patient and cool off.

There's probably middle ground here. A month-plus is a long time. Ten preorders is a lot of preorders. I've been in this guy's shoes (not with Steve), and it's very frustrating. I got married in September and the videographer who owes me the DVD of the ceremony/reception has all but dropped off the face of the earth. It's heartbreaking and infuriating, and I get the outburst.

THAT SAID, I don't know any of hard work Steve does, and I'm sure it's a lot. Research, restoration, sales, distribution, that's a lot of different roles. I am dead sure he doesn't "lie to his customers," rather he's just behind. The discs will come. I understand and agree with the desire for more accountability, and I don't know if I'd say that hard work is enough to justify being 10 pre-orders behind. But I trust Steve, and I know he'll follow through. Opening a dispute with Paypal is one thing, and if this guy wants to go that route he can. But trying to denounce Steve on animation forums isn't going to help his case at all.

Getting back to this Censored disc, consider me interested. I'd love to know what's going to be on it!
Steve Stanchfield
2019-03-05T02:12:51Z
I've sent the missing order and sent tracking. We're trying hard to get any missed things taken care of, and think we're all caught up now....

fred61
2019-03-05T02:20:29Z
Originally Posted by: looneylife326 

There's probably middle ground here. A month-plus is a long time. Ten preorders is a lot of preorders. I've been in this guy's shoes (not with Steve), and it's very frustrating. I got married in September and the videographer who owes me the DVD of the ceremony/reception has all but dropped off the face of the earth. It's heartbreaking and infuriating, and I get the outburst.

THAT SAID, I don't know any of hard work Steve does, and I'm sure it's a lot. Research, restoration, sales, distribution, that's a lot of different roles. I am dead sure he doesn't "lie to his customers," rather he's just behind. The discs will come. I understand and agree with the desire for more accountability, and I don't know if I'd say that hard work is enough to justify being 10 pre-orders behind. But I trust Steve, and I know he'll follow through. Opening a dispute with Paypal is one thing, and if this guy wants to go that route he can. But trying to denounce Steve on animation forums isn't going to help his case at all.

Getting back to this Censored disc, consider me interested. I'd love to know what's going to be on it!

You know, trying to spare enough money to buy the movies/cartoons you love when you live on an invalid income is a very hard work too! Judging people when you don t know them or their motivation seems a very easy task on the contrary....
fred61
2019-03-05T02:25:50Z

Paying for ten discs I ll receive a year/year and a half later + asking twice politely to receive one’s disc like other customers and still receiving nothing ARE BEING PATIENT....
fred61
2019-03-05T02:29:41Z
I deleted my first post today because Steve has contacted me to make things right, thank you to him!
Lynn
2019-03-05T13:38:28Z
Steve, any idea on when this new offering will be ready for shipment?
looneylife326
2019-03-05T18:48:44Z

Originally Posted by: looneylife326 

You know, trying to spare enough money to buy the movies/cartoons you love when you live on an invalid income is a very hard work too! Judging people when you don t know them or their motivation seems a very easy task on the contrary....

Not trying to judge you at all, in fact I started my post by defending you and affirming your frustration. Apologies if I sounded judgmental, I was just trying to diffuse the situation. Glad you worked things out. :)
tonyboy85
2019-03-09T00:26:40Z
Payment sent!
epidicus
2019-03-09T05:04:33Z
Payment sent - although I'm sure I have more than a few still on order, I included the postage - consider it a small token of my appreciation for all the fantastic work Thunderbean has done over the years. [flip]
SlamYogi
2019-03-11T00:23:09Z
Payment sent.
Bradskey
2019-03-11T04:07:47Z
Just barely remembered to get this in. Money sent!
Sinnott
2019-03-12T23:48:22Z
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield 

I've sent the missing order and sent tracking. We're trying hard to get any missed things taken care of, and think we're all caught up now....

Why would you say that you're all caught up when I've been emailing you for the last month about my large ($300+) order that I haven't received? When I threatened to open a dispute with Paypal (right as the six month window was closing) you claimed to have mailed the order. But it never showed up (allegedly mailed around 6 weeks ago) and you can't provide a tracking number.

It's been over six months since I ordered and I think I've been patient. My very infrequent emails are largely unanswered. A quick "I don't have an ETA yet but I've got you on the list" would have reassured me. The lack of response, and the fact that you're telling people that you're "all caught up" when you know that you are not, makes me worry.
J Michael
2019-03-13T01:46:18Z
I'm not going to get this "All Censored" disc, not because I missed the deadline, but for exactly the same reason Sinnott stated right above me. Another large, $300+ order, placed back in August, not received, following some emails with no response and others with a response that it should be shipping in a few days.

I totally understand the delay in pre-orders. Those discs aren't ready yet -- the material is still being retrieved and polished up. But orders for material that has already been produced and should only need to be burned-on-demand should not take 7 months to not be received.

Like most of the rest of you, I have a number of pre-orders outstanding, and I'd still love to get them. I'd love to get my $300+ order too. Thunderbean does great work preserving this material. I've supported them for years. But I can't support them anymore.