kazblox
  • kazblox
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
I can only think of 'The Galloping Gaucho'; Mickey suddenly goes from having goggle eyes to those with the open hole style and it develops even further with the next few scenes. 'The Opry House' also has Mickey without gloves and Mickey with them, and it would be the last time in this period where Mickey has none.
ToonStar95
5 years ago
Midway through Warners' Rabbit Every Monday, Yosemite Sam's mouth shifts from under his mustache (with visible lower lip) to within it.
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
5 years ago

I can only think of 'The Galloping Gaucho'; Mickey suddenly goes from having goggle eyes to those with the open hole style and it develops even further with the next few scenes. 'The Opry House' also has Mickey without gloves and Mickey with them, and it would be the last time in this period where Mickey has none.

Originally Posted by: kazblox 

Mickey's mid-cartoon design change in Gallopin' Gaucho is explained in the gigantic Taschen book by David Gerstein and J. B. Kaufman.
Mesterius
5 years ago
Not theatrical animation, but kinda related to it nonetheless... In the Goof Troop episode "Midnight Movie Madness", Goofy briefly reverts to his vintage 1940s character design (rather than the 1950s design which his Goof Troop look is based on) in one single shot where he sticks his head out of a door. I'm guessing this is a coloring error more than anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS63AG8Qnq4 
Mesterius
5 years ago
By the way, is there a way to embed videos rather than just link to them? I couldn't find it when I wrote the above comment.
kazblox
  • kazblox
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mac 

Mickey's mid-cartoon design change in Gallopin' Gaucho is explained in the gigantic Taschen book by David Gerstein and J. B. Kaufman.

Originally Posted by: kazblox 

It is? I have a gift card and I don't know whether I should waste it all on this book to read more.... care to explain?

EDIT: Aha, here it is, summarized from the Taschen book; as I expected, it was a result of experimentation right as 'The Galloping Gaucho' was being animated. Something about Iwerks wanting to stray Mickey's design from Oswald's rounder appearance, then making Mickey in turn much more like Oswald.
Bobby Bickert
a year ago
"Donald's Double Trouble" is the first cartoon in which Donald's sailor blouse doesn't have buttons on it...except in one scene, where the buttons are there.
nickramer
a year ago
As pointed out in the book "Of Mice and Magic", in the Van Beuren short "Circus Capers" (1930), the two mice started out looking like Mickey and Minnie, but by the second half of the short, the male mouse looks more bear-like and seems to have gain weight somehow.
Bobby Bickert
9 months ago
Mickey's tail disappears during the course of "The Little Whirlwind".

And here's one from The Walter Lantz Story:

During production of "The Screwball", it was decided to stop drawing Woody with teeth, the reasoning being "Why does a woodpecker need teeth?". But since it happened during production, sometimes Woody still has teeth.
ArcLordOne
8 months ago
Tom and Jerry never stayed the same, and if MGM had lasted longer they probably would've finally gone UPA.

UserPostedImage

I've been reading Pogo lately and noticed that Kelly can't seem to decide what Mam'selle Hepzibah looks like.
Bobby Bickert
8 months ago
1975 Jerry should have a red bowtie. (I think Tom & Jerry Kids Jerry should also have a red bowtie.)
ArcLordOne
8 months ago

1975 Jerry should have a red bowtie. (I think Tom & Jerry Kids Jerry should also have a red bowtie.)

Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

It was a very random choice. I think HB did it.

I was always disappointed that that T&J 50 Years book by TR Adams had 80% pictures from the Filmation and HB shows rather than the Golden Age.

Bobby Bickert
8 months ago
Sorry, I thought you drew those pictures of Tom and Jerry.
ArcLordOne
8 months ago

Sorry, I thought you drew those pictures of Tom and Jerry.

Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

Oh, no. I didn't. But if I did, thanks for the observation anyway!

Quick Reply

© 2024 - YetAnotherForum.NET