Mario500
  • Mario500
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2018-09-17T02:23:18Z
(note: I had found the articles to had been very interesting since I had never liked the kinds of changes the articles were mainly about)

"The Language of Tragedy"  

"The surprising effect 9/11 had on the English language" 

"One of the biggest innovations in cable news history is a result of 9/11" 
PopKorn Kat
2018-09-17T02:27:41Z
I've changed the title of this topic to mention the terrorist attacks that are referenced in the articles (the ones that occurred on September 11, 2001) as conversation regarding such events, especially to family members and/or friends who had loved ones lost in the attacks, could be very distressing or politically charged to some people.
Mario500
  • Mario500
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2018-09-17T09:27:57Z
I had changed the name of this topic from the way it was changed previously to fit my style while keeping the feelings of other beings in mind and had also changed its description to clarify the events referenced in the articles mentioned earlier based on the message posted above this one and to emphasize one of the changes referenced in some of those articles (referencing the events only by the calendar date upon which they occurred (without the year upon which they occurred)).
PopKorn Kat
2018-09-17T17:57:47Z
Something I neglected to notice earlier is that the front page does not show subtitles to threads.

In light of this info, I'd appreciate it if the thread title were modified to mention the events mentioned in the articles (the events that occurred on the calendar year of September 11, 2001).

EDIT: The thread title has been changed...again. Unless you can word the thread title in a way that fits "your style" and mentions 9/11 explicitly, please do not change the thread title again.