ToonStar95
8 years ago
I'm sad to report the passing of another animation voice legend.

Janet Waldo, best known as the voice of Judy Jetson, had died yesterday at the age of 96. She had been suffering from an inoperable brain tumor for the past five years

Among her other voice roles were Penelope Pitstop on Wacky Races and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Josie from Josie and the Pussycats, and Princess on Battle of the Planets, and she has also had several live-action roles on shows like I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, and Get Smart.
LuckyToon
8 years ago
So sad that she died, may you rest in piece.

But I do have a suggestion on who should voice Penelope Pitsotp if a new "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop" reboot was made. Why not hire "Kira Vincent-Davis "? She would be perfect to voice the character since she has that souther accent she pulled off on when she did the english voice for Osaka in the 2002 anime "Azumanga Daioh".
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
8 years ago
RIP.... Her daughter Lucy Lee would be perfect (even was in the 1985 Jetsons..)

I have on my computer a 1950 "Christopher Recordings" sex ed record which i bring up ONLY because I THINK on such as the mesntruation track tht Janet is playing the teen girl....actors are anonymous from the file info.....
nickramer
8 years ago
Gee, fate sure hasn't been kind to us this year.

Here's to the most ut space-age teenager.

Didn't she also did voices in the original English dub of the animated movie, "Fantastic Planet" (1973)?

Also, I wonder if "Adventures in Odessay" will do a tribute show for Young and Waldo (sounds like a title to a Mr. Magoo short) as they played a married couple on that children's radio show.

Quick Reply

© 2024 - YetAnotherForum.NET