Toadette
2016-05-23T14:42:11Z
Hello, all,

I have grown increasingly distressed and discouraged with the state not only of my life, but also of the animation community as a whole lately. Additionally, having to deal with moderating the forums, inasmuch as they may not be the most active place in the world, has taken a serious toll on my life. So it is that I have decided I will be taking a long sabbatical from these forums.

I will still be contributing to the database itself; however, I don't think I'll be as prolific as before. I will mostly work on submitting information and screenshots for those parts of animation that have gone "uncharted", so to speak, on the database, most particularly international animation. As for the Cartoon Discussions of the Month, I intend to start up a blog of my own where I can discuss animation, though it will be updated only occasionally; keep watching my Twitter for the next few months, maybe!

At the very earliest, I might be back when the 5th anniversary of the database comes around this October; if not, at the very latest I should be back by mid-December.

Thank you all for your understanding, and I hope the forums will grow and prosper in my absence!

Yours truly,
Toadette
DVDLooney
2016-05-23T14:45:43Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Hello, all,

I have grown increasingly distressed and discouraged with the state not only of my life, but also of the animation community as a whole lately. Additionally, having to deal with moderating the forums, inasmuch as they may not be the most active place in the world, has taken a serious toll on my life. So it is that I have decided I will be taking a long sabbatical from these forums.

I will still be contributing to the database itself; however, I don't think I'll be as prolific as before. I will mostly work on submitting information and screenshots for those parts of animation that have gone "uncharted", so to speak, on the database, most particularly international animation. As for the Cartoon Discussions of the Month, I intend to start up a blog of my own where I can discuss animation, though it will be updated only occasionally; keep watching my Twitter for the next few months, maybe!

At the very earliest, I might be back when the 5th anniversary of the database comes around this October; if not, at the very latest I should be back by mid-December.

Thank you all for your understanding, and I hope the forums will grow and prosper in my absence!

Yours truly,
Toadette

Farewell, Toadette, i'll see you again sometime.
PopKorn Kat
2016-05-23T16:18:32Z
Sorry to hear that you'll going away for a while.
Your well-being is very important and I wish you good luck.
ParamountCartoons
2016-05-23T17:45:34Z
What's wrong with the animation community? It's perfectly fine to me! Unless you read Cartoon Brew.......

Or are worried about new copyright laws....
LuckyToon
2016-05-23T22:25:55Z
Aww, but I hope you are still helping out on the Sound Effects Wiki.
nickramer
2016-05-24T03:22:02Z
Well, good luck.

I do find it funny this is happening just at the same time GAC has been "shut down".
Steve Stanchfield
2016-05-24T13:04:48Z
So sorry to hear you'll be taking a break- I enjoy your posts and hope to see you back soon 🙂
eutychus
2016-05-24T20:18:43Z
Any activity here, as a researcher, moderator or just a regular poster is always on a voluntary basis and we're thankful for all that Toadette has contributed to this site and we look forward to whatever contributions she may make in the future, in whatever way she deems appropriate. Thanks for all your hard work!
VoiceTalentBrendan
2016-05-24T20:40:27Z
good luck Toadette
2016-06-04T04:41:45Z
Hope to see you again soon. Best of luck.