Why Do I Have a Feeling... - Forum.
Blob55
  • Blob55
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-05-13T00:51:01Z
That only the bad 70s/80s HB Cartoons will be released on DVD now? I wish the Peter Potamus Show and the rest of the Huckleberry Hound Show would get released already. >_>
Toonatic
2016-05-13T01:18:36Z
Huckleberry Hound has music rights issues. Another DVD release can't happen until they're all cleared. As for Peter Potamus, maybe they're trying to find all the negatives to restore them.
PopKorn Kat
2016-05-13T01:22:54Z
My theory is that each of these shows has some obscure fanbase. Another theory could be that by releasing the shows with the more well-known characters (Gilligan's Planet? Heard of that? And Yogi's Gang?) could get them some quick bucks. Yet another theory is that since those shows are newer, they're easier to remaster.

From what I've heard, the reason more Huckleberry Hound hasn't been released is because of music licensing issues, but you probably knew that.
OutOfOdor
2016-05-17T00:42:27Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

My theory is that each of these shows has some obscure fanbase. Another theory could be that by releasing the shows with the more well-known characters (Gilligan's Planet? Heard of that? And Yogi's Gang?) could get them some quick bucks. Yet another theory is that since those shows are newer, they're easier to remaster.

From what I've heard, the reason more Huckleberry Hound hasn't been released is because of music licensing issues, but you probably knew that.

Yep. It's the stock music that they're having trouble with. Same with Quick Draw. Strangely, they haven't released the 1961-1962 shorts from both shows, which have nothing but cues by Hoyt Curtin.
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)