RareSox
  • RareSox
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2023-08-04T18:39:07Z
I've gotten report from Cure regarding MeTV's Saturday Morning Cartoons line-up, and it seems that the Woody Woodpecker cartoons are making their way onto said program at 8-9AM EST time.
Heard the news? 

And to anyone who think this is an April Fools joke, I kid you not. This is confirmed by a schedule if anyone is willing to bring that up, please.

After 2 and a half years, I think Universal must've heard the outcry from their fans back home in the states. Whether or not the shorts will be restored or not (Despite 26 Woody cartoons and 2 Oswalds restored in HD) is strictly up for debate.
Bobby Bickert
2023-08-04T20:00:56Z
Originally Posted by: RareSox 

Heard the news? 

"Any Panda"?

(But this is good news. Hopefully the shorts will have their full opening and closing titles.)

RareSox
  • RareSox
2023-08-05T00:47:43Z
Seeing how MeTV has the Columbia shorts with their original titles, my guess is that they may restore the remaining shorts and use the DVD copies from 2007 as placeholders.
Bobby Bickert
2023-08-05T20:35:39Z
I know it seems like nitpicking. But there are things like the opening titles for "Woody Woodpecker" and the end titles for "Crazy Mixed-Up Pup" and
"Bats in the Belfry".

And some of the TV prints used for the Columbia House DVD's, like "The Screwdriver", "Andy Panda's Pop" and "Andy Panda's Victory Garden", had their titles changed ("Woody's Jalopy", "Goofy Roofer" and "Springtime For Andy").

And it would be nice to see the cartoons with credits. A YouTube commenter had never heard of Daws Butler! Daws Butler always credited Walter Lantz as the first person to give him screen credit for cartoon voicework. And he certainly deserved it. He pretty much was the backbone of the Lantz studio's stock company of voice actors and actresses after Tex Avery brought him over from MGM.

http://www.vimeo.com/337854376 

(This was Walter Lantz's personal favorite of his cartoons.)
RareSox
  • RareSox
2023-08-06T11:35:52Z
Exactly. And let's not forget several Swing Symphonies over here.
ArcLordOne
2023-09-04T20:47:43Z
Originally Posted by: RareSox 

Exactly. And let's not forget several Swing Symphonies over here.

Especially Abou Ben Boogie. Kids'll get a kick outta that one!

PopKorn Kat
2023-09-04T21:33:43Z
Apologies for the belated message, but there is already a thread for discussing MeTV's animated programming: https://intanibase.com/forum/Posts/t5018-2022--Toon-In-With-Me--and--Saturday-Morning-Cartoons--News-Thread 

Please direct all future MeTV-related inquiries there.

Thanks,
PopKorn Kat