mellongraig93
2020-12-10T23:54:49Z
Ooh, this is going to be a jam-packed show on December 23rd so much that it could be a long show! Here's the description:

"The final live broadcast for 2020 features the yearly holiday appearance by "The King of All Things Cartoons"! Topics this session will include Warner Brothers announcing that all of its upcoming features (including its animated ones) will be available via HBO Max as well as in theaters (whenever they open again)...and thoughts on the upcoming Tom and Jerry feature; the Peanuts specials being exclusive now to Apple+ and PBS; recommendations on books to read over the holidays and while quarantining; Blu Ray reviews of the second volume of Tex Avery cartoons as well as the new Bugs Bunny and Flintstones sets...and what, if anything is new on the horizon. Plus, Jerry and I will speak live via Skype with ARNOLD LEIBOVIT, the producer behind the Blu Ray and DVD releases of "Puppetoon 2" and the original "Puppetoon" features (his first was originally released theatrically in 1987). You'll get the full story of how Arnie acquired the rights to the shorts and how he painstakingly fought to get the best quality preprint materials for the contents. In addition, Jerry will pay tribute to the late, great animation director Gene Deitch and will then screen three classic cartoons to celebrate the holiday season in style. Now if this isn't enough, we'll also read your e-mails. Be prepared for a full, entertaining Christmas present from us to all of you!"

https://www.stusshow.com/ 

By the way I did send an e-mail to Stu earlier hoping that phone calls will also happen on the 23rd given that there will be no live New Year's Eve show this year due to the pandemic and that there's so much work to prepare a six-hour broadcast like this where phone calls would usually take place. But I guess we'll see...
nickramer
2020-12-12T05:37:23Z
So, will there be a new season of "Stu's Show" next year? Stu said he would either end or continue the show depending on what happens in November.
fulano7
2020-12-15T18:05:27Z
The only info I'd like to get from Jerry Beck is a definitive statement on the worst un-PC shorts of the Tex Avery collection. After all, will the shorts be skipped or not?

I don't feel like he's going to clarify that, so, just like in August, the part of the show when they talk about the Avery collection will be mostly pointless to me. We already know that a number of shorts sufficient for a volume 3 is being worked on.

Volume 2 didn't include any short that had been censored in the French DVD. Hypothetically, the collection can end in volume 3 (20 or 21 shorts), totalling 60 or 61, excluding the following titles, censored in the French DVD:
Happy-Go-Nutty
Henpecked Hoboes
Uncle Tom's Cabaña
Half-Pint Pigmy
Lucky Ducky
Droopy's Good Deed

Blitz Wolf may be included in volume 3, since thoughtlessly bashing a supposed nazism is mainstream nowadays.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Mesterius
2020-12-15T23:33:18Z
Originally Posted by: fulano7 

The only info I'd like to get from Jerry Beck is a definitive statement on the worst un-PC shorts of the Tex Avery collection. After all, will the shorts be skipped or not?

I don't feel like he's going to clarify that, so, just like in August, the part of the show when they talk about the Avery collection will be mostly pointless to me. We already know that a number of shorts sufficient for a volume 3 is being worked on.

Volume 2 didn't include any short that had been censored in the French DVD. Hypothetically, the collection can end in volume 3 (20 or 21 shorts), totalling 60 or 61, excluding the following titles, censored in the French DVD:
Happy-Go-Nutty
Henpecked Hoboes
Uncle Tom's Cabaña
Half-Pint Pigmy
Lucky Ducky
Droopy's Good Deed

Blitz Wolf may be included in volume 3, since thoughtlessly bashing a supposed nazism is mainstream nowadays.

Droopy's Good Deed shouldn't pose a problem -- it was released uncensored on Warner's 2007 Droopy DVD set. Likewise, Blitz Wolf was released uncensored (as an HD raw scan) on Warner's Academy Awards Animation Collection DVD and Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray sets.
nickramer
2020-12-17T03:12:42Z
Not sure if we will get a third one next year even if the old crew comes back considering how we are over-reacting over the DVNR restorians from HBOmax.
Mesterius
2020-12-18T22:48:01Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Not sure if we will get a third one next year even if the old crew comes back considering how we are over-reacting over the DVNR restorians from HBOmax.

Oh, fer chrissake, Nic.

I know "passive-agressive snark" is your trademark, but it would be nice to see you deviate from expectations just once in a while.
PopKorn Kat
2020-12-18T23:08:07Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Oh, fer chrissake, Nic.

I know "passive-agressive snark" is your trademark, but it would be nice to see you deviate from expectations just once in a while.

Knock it off, you two, or I'll take further action. Either critique opinions constructively or don't post at all.
Mesterius
2020-12-18T23:56:51Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Oh, fer chrissake, Nic.

Knock it off, you two, or I'll take further action. Either critique opinions constructively or don't post at all.

Sorry... sometimes it's hard to stay silent during certain folks' constant chastising of anyone critical of a Warner cartoon release.

I'm of the mindset that if no one says anything about probems like the ones on the current Tex Avery set, there's little chance things will improve in the future. As to whether it's "over-reacting" to talk about the DVNR (and other ) problems with a number of the cartoons -- the criticism of Porky Pig 101 led to much better quality standards (and better sales) for the subsequent cartoon compilations from Warner Archive. Tex Avery Volume 2 does look like a better deal than Porky 101, so I am considering getting it. But I don't see it as over-reacting to be genuinely disappointed by the huge slip in quality, when there was no reason whatsoever to expect it. George Feltenstein's podcast presentation of Avery Volume 2  (from 00:20:08 onwards) didn't even indicate that ANYTHING would be different from Volume 1. In that regard, it feels dishonest on the part of Warner.
mellongraig93
2020-12-21T13:16:31Z

So, will there be a new season of "Stu's Show" next year? Stu said he would either end or continue the show depending on what happens in November.

Let me be clear, he renewed Stu's Show for the 15th season (current season), but only up through the end of this year up to December 23rd. What happened in November this year resulted in good news for Stu knowing that he'll stay in his home base at least for now, meaning that Stu's Show will continue at least through the end of this season (up through August 18, 2021). A decision though on renewing Stu's Show for the 16th season will be made sometime in June of 2021 (as that's when the contract for the new season with DaCast would be signed).
mellongraig93
2020-12-23T21:50:40Z
Here's the link to watch the program in case you're all interested:

https://iframe.dacast.com/b/92970/c/447572 
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T00:01:37Z
And we're on! Cold opening as well too (he's brought it back for this season).
Leviathan
2020-12-24T00:01:58Z
Are you going to do updates?
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T00:15:55Z
Periodically from time to time. And I heard that he is stepping away from the role as President at Asifa-Hollywood but will remain as a member.

Now they're talking about MeTV's Saturday Morning cartoon block.

E-mails are being taken throughout the show rather than the last segment (and you can still e-mail but keep it very brief and to the point). Sorry, no calls today but I figured it would be the case...
tashlinfan44
2020-12-24T00:37:10Z
Jerry just said Little Buck Cheeser, on MeTV, may be restored. AHHH! SOMETHING NEW HAS BEEN ADDED!

Also, lemme know if he answers my email about WAC’s thoughts on the non-PC Tex toons.
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T00:52:36Z
They also mentioned HBO Max with movies being available for streaming in 2021 which does annoy Hollywood (and showed a trailer for one movie with their reactions), now they're on to the books Jerry recommends (and also briefly talked about the deal of Apple+ and PBS on the Peanuts' specials). Nice bag too that Jerry brought as well.

Tribute to Gene Deitch coming up.
S. C. MacPeter
2020-12-24T01:36:15Z
Sadly he did not mention whether or not Beanstalk Bunny would air restored or not on the 4th, but I have proof it might
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T01:45:04Z
And now the bonus guest Arnold Leibovit will come on via Skype (hopefully without any connection issues unlike what happened to the last show). Hopefully in 2021 or in the future he'll make an appearance in studio and then focus on his entire life and career.
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T01:57:28Z
Arnold Leibovit will return on March 3, 2021 and Jerry Beck will return on March 17, 2021. Mark those dates down!
mellongraig93
2020-12-24T02:42:39Z
Okay, here we go with the Blu Ray/home video news:

Tex Avery 2 (this is the one that's causing the controversy):
1. Frame issues, sound issues, title issues by fans, pandemic is the issue knowing that June was originally the scheduled release of that set, but delayed until now
2. HBO Max? Yes and no
3. No more classic cartoons until the pandemic is over
4. Perfect? No but enough to make it releasable, fans were expecting perfection

Lots of e-mails too on this issue, and if you've seen it, and you're unhappy and want to return it, then e-mail right now.