No Ratings Posted
Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are rival book salesmen from Rambling House. They each go their separate ways to sell books to folks, Daffy finds himself encountering Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig, and Hassan, while Bugs outwits some gorillas and helps Daffy escape from Hassan.
Soon enough, as Daffy stays behind to collect the treasures from the cave, Bugs gets forced by Sultan Yosemite Sam to tell stories to his spoiled-brat son, Prince Abba-Dabba.
Bugs and Daffy's Adventures and the stories that Bugs narrates are shown through clips of old Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons.
- Warner Brothers
- The main plot point, setting up Bugs and Daffy as Scheherazade-like figures, is in itself similar to the 1959 short Hare-Abian Nights, which itself used considerable stock footage and also featured Yosemite Sam as the sultan.
- The Character Prince Abba-Dabba, may be based on the Junior character from "A Waggily Tale".
- The original 1983 VHS release and early television airings (like the Disney Channel in the 90's) of the film had one sequence that was cut on its 2001 VHS and current television airings for time constraints. It took place after Bugs finished reading the story of Goldimouse and the Three Cats to Prince Abba-Dabba, he told the next story to Abba-Dabba, Little Bo Peep which featured the 1962 Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog cartoon A Sheep in the Deep.
Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales
Looney Tunes Movie Collection
- MPAA Rating: G
- MPAA No.: 26788
- Animation Type: Standard (Hand-drawn-Cel) Animation
- Cinematographic Format: Spherical
- Original Language: English
- Original Country: United States
Reviews and Comments
No comments posted. Be the first!
(You must be a logged-in user to submit comments!)
Click on thumbnail for full size image