Author Topic: Tom and Jerry Sorry Safari Question  (Read 633 times)

King Delbert

• View Profile
Tom and Jerry Sorry Safari Question
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:40:53 am »
There is one scene where Clint Clobber ties one of his guns to Tom's head then fires, causing him to lose what I think would be his hearing.  Once the gun if fired, for all these years, I remember watching it and the sound would just mute for a few seconds, then it would suddenly come back.  For a while I thought it was an error on Cartoon Network's part only to think, "You know, maybe it's a gag to represent Tom losing his hearing." 

THEN, I turn on CN today to see the same cartoon on.  Clint ties the gun on Tom's head, fires it, but this time there WAS sound as if the music continued.  Now I'm confused.  Did CN had an error all these years, or did CN just decided to add that music (cause it sounded like an edit there) to make it flow better (and thus tampering with the original)?

Takeshi55

• View Profile
Re: Tom and Jerry Sorry Safari Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:37 pm »
There is one scene where Clint Clobber ties one of his guns to Tom's head then fires, causing him to lose what I think would be his hearing.  Once the gun if fired, for all these years, I remember watching it and the sound would just mute for a few seconds, then it would suddenly come back.  For a while I thought it was an error on Cartoon Network's part only to think, "You know, maybe it's a gag to represent Tom losing his hearing." 

THEN, I turn on CN today to see the same cartoon on.  Clint ties the gun on Tom's head, fires it, but this time there WAS sound as if the music continued.  Now I'm confused.  Did CN had an error all these years, or did CN just decided to add that music (cause it sounded like an edit there) to make it flow better (and thus tampering with the original)?

I think maybe CN thought it was a glitch, so they "fixed" it.

ToonStar95

• View Profile
Re: Tom and Jerry Sorry Safari Question
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:15:03 pm »
Yes, it was a "silent" scene, pretty much like the deaf scene from Saving Private Ryan.