Author Topic: A Note for Former Members of GAC or Other Boards  (Read 3990 times)

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
A Note for Former Members of GAC or Other Boards
« on: November 08, 2011, 06:47:10 am »
Dear Friends ...

Everybody enjoying themselves? Good!

It's come to my attention that there may be members here now that have gotten themselves banned on other boards for whatever reason.

I'm generally a laid back, forgiving kind of guy and I do believe in second chances and fresh starts. That being said, be aware that the behavior that got you banned elsewhere is not going to be tolerated here either. I've already had to do it once here; I'm not a ban-happy moderator and won't do it for frivolous reasons. But I will pull the trigger if necessary.

If you are sincerely here to discuss animation and classic cartoons, then welcome. However, if you're here to continue your previous ways ... just know that we know who you are and we'll be keeping a close eye on you.

For the rest of you, my apologies for the slightly ominous tone, but it was something that needed to be said.

Thanks, and please enjoy yourself here! That's what we're here for.

Sogturtle

• "People Get Ready" (song)
    • View Profile
Re: A Note for Former Members of GAC or Other Boards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:11 am »

Thank you Eutychus for posting that! 

Geezil

• "If da Hays Office would only let me...!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:55 am »

Thank you Eutychus for posting that! 

Ditto!!
P.U.P. Toons© are and always will be Our Toons!

zavkram

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:22:50 am »
I second that! Hopefully people will behave themselves...

Jave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:30:02 pm »
That's good to know. Thanks for posting that.

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
I second that! Hopefully people will behave themselves...

I'm A CRAZY WOODPECKER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!  :woody:

Just kidding.  :P
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »
There's another guy learking around posting SPAM in our precious boards. :foghorn:
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

mulroz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56:12 am »
There's another guy learking around posting SPAM in our precious boards. :foghorn:
Where is he? I'll blow him to Smithereens  :yosemite:

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 01:17:42 am »
I'd also like thank the moderator for the board and say hi those (Like BarbH and some others) on GAC that I couldn't communicate with on others,{Barb's posting on a radio Wizard of Oz in the early GAC days caused me to track that show with only Judy Garland from the original case; A Leal provided info..):)

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:34:48 pm »
I want the GAC Forums back. :(

I've only been a member for a few months. :(

rodineisilveira

• View Profile
For the return of the GAC forums
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 04:23:08 pm »
I'm also requesting for the return of the GAC forums.

The Crazy HR

• The new GAC?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »
People, people...

The GAC forums are history. They were great while they lasted. Now, they are gone, and they won't be coming back. End of story.

Woody Woodpecker

• Researchers
  • 11th Incarnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 05:36:25 pm »
At least they could make sure the forum archive is readable. it isnot

http://www.goldenagecartoons.com/forums/

now click on any sub - forum you like  and you will get the following error message.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 105

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 113

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 128

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 136

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 205

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 383

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/staytoon/public_html/goldenagecartoons.com/forums/includes/init.php
Line: 49
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton
"Empty paper, means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one" ~ Doc Brown form Back to the future Triology

The Crazy HR

• The new GAC?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 05:44:56 pm »
You're right there. The archive has been down for several months now...

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:39 pm »
People, people...

The GAC forums are history. They were great while they lasted. Now, they are gone, and they won't be coming back. End of story.
WERE history.......THIS is a continuation of them, sort of.  Most of the members are here, so we can continue the same topics are before..