Author Topic: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!  (Read 20348 times)

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
Re: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:32 am »
Here's a dailymotion link to No Service (so people outside the US can enjoy it too):

http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/relevance/search/mickey+no+service/1#video=x119ldp

Sadly the video was already pulled. :(
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

Mac

• View Profile

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »
Just a head's up: Croissant Triomphe is now available to watch on Disney Channel On Demand on IO Digital Cable!

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »
Too bad it's not in English.

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 05:08:41 pm »
Sneak peek at New York Weenie:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/sneak-peek-new-mickey-mouse-short-article-1.1381441

Remember, the first new short airs tomorrow night at 8:30/7:30 central! :D

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »
Here's something interesting I just found; the voice of Mickey in the new shorts ISN"T Bret Iwan, it's Chris Diamantopoulos.:

http://www.therotoscopers.com/2013/06/25/disney-shorts-debut-with-new-voice-for-mickey-mouse/

"While the initial assumption would be to think Bret Iwan, Mickey’s official voice, is imitating Walt’s early Mickey voice to match the throwback nature of the series, that’s not the case. According to Disney animator Aliki T. Grafft, in the new shorts Mickey’s got a brand-new voice actor, Chris Diamantopoulos from Arrested Development and The Office. A visit to Diamantopoulos’s own Twitter profile shows that he indeed has been excitedly tweeting about Mickey since March."

Cradow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 11:22:19 am »
I must say that while I like the redesigns of the the characters as I think they are appealing and expressive, I keep asking myself "Is that really what they SHOULD look like? If I was in charge would I approve of this?" it's just looks to me like something fans would make (the Flash animation doesn't help much either). If it wasn't for the official voice actors I wouldn't have belived Disney would actually do that (the new Mickey short "Get a horse" sounds like something I would expect from Disney).

I haven't seen any of the shorts yet (except for the trailers, which didn't really impressed me much) but I would give 'em a watch once I could find any. At least those shorts seems better than The Looney Tunes Show (which I did see a bit on youtube and except for 1 or 2 episodes I was really bored from it).

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 09:42:02 am »
^ No service.  Tonight's that Swiss one.

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »
New York Weenie now online!:

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2013/06/30/eight-ways-mickey-impresses-minnie-in-the-newest-cartoon/?cmp=SMC%7Cblgomd%7COMDJune%7CFB%7CCartoon-Minnie%7CInHouse%7C063013%7Cimage%7C%7Cesocialmedia%7C%7C%7C

I find this one to be hilarious.  Personally, I wouldn't mind just the bun though ::)  These Mickey cartoons are just getting funnier and funnier.

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 02:53:59 pm »
Mickey went completely nuts in there didn't he?  ;D

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 01:42:30 am »
New York Weenie was mad. Although I really laughed at the weird gags, it was a little all over the place and at times it seemed the least 'Mickey' of the ones I've watched so far. I don't have a problem seeing Mickey get mad, but his emotions seemed pretty schizophrenic. Perhaps the short wasn't quite long enough to really show the build up of his determination and frequent frustrations leading to temporary insanity. After getting beaten up by the mothers, he's suddenly just mad in the next scene. Would have been nice to see a moment where Mickey faces one extra frustration and we actually see him flip. Some of the gags were random – Goofy in a dress wants to kiss Mickey?; The hot dog Walrus says "Hot dogs for everyone" then just tips over the stand so people can pick them up off the ground? Even the dialogue at the beginning was kind of odd - why wouldn't Mickey ever remember walking with Minnie before? Like I said, the all-out mad weirdness did make me laugh and maybe all rules go out the window when the premise is 'a hot dog outwits Mickey', but I personally prefer the humour to stem from the situations and characters rather than chucking in random funny stuff.

Looking forward to Yodelberg (can't find a video that works outside the US yet).

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:49 am »
I was surprised by Mickey's voice in "No Service", since it was very different from the voice he had in other recent appearances on television. I did not know at the time the cartoon was broadcast (last Friday) that his voice was provided not by Bret Iwan, but by Chris Diamantoupolos (Bret Iwan had inherited the role of providing the voice of Mickey for the Walt Disney Company after his predecessor Wayne Allwine died in 2009).

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 11:15:52 am »
I watched "Yodelburg". :) It was awesome! :D