Author Topic: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!  (Read 19557 times)

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database

Mac

• View Profile
Re: New Mickey Mouse shorts coming in 2013?!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:52 pm »
Ok, I get it. You didn't have to rub it in.  And I didn't think "Home on the Range" was that bad.  Maybe if they made the lead character a bull.  I don't know.

And there was, of course, that "documentary" (or what was supposed to be) called "Sweatbox".

Heh heh, sorry! To be fair I did like that yodeling song in 'Home on the Range', but there were a lot of cringe moments in it for me and it took me three attempts to watch it all the way through. It's an example of another film that went through a lot of painful changes (I believe at one point the film was indeed going to star a bull) to result in something not all that memorable. Also the visual style was kind of ugly an odd mix of the full Disney animation style and angular pointy stuff that seemed to be trying to ape popular Cartoon Network shows.

I have seen Sweatbox (it was online a while ago, maybe still is). I was kind of surprised. I was expecting to see a brilliant idea for a movie get torn apart, but actually it turned from a formulaic Disney musical with another love story into a comedy that I actually enjoy (although I know plenty of people who hated Emperor's New Groove).

Anyway, getting back on topic, King Delbert points out that there are new Mickey Mouse shorts. I'd just read the news on Cartoon Research. These cartoons, made for Disney Channel and the internet, might not be the theatrical return I was hoping for, but I'm still curious to see.  What's it like? It isn't available in my country.

NicKramer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 04:31:16 pm »
I was just going to mention this as I was on the D23 site.

The short was okay.  I'm a little disappointed this was done with flash, though.  At least this was better than those unnecessary abridged redubs that they were showing on that channel.  And was that Brett doing Mickey?  It didn't sound like it.

SockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:44:48 pm »
The short was OK, but still enjoyable. Liked Cinderella's cameo and the designs looked appealing. : mickey: :minnie:

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 07:03:22 pm »
I was just going to mention this as I was on the D23 site.

The short was okay.  I'm a little disappointed this was done with flash, though.  At least this was better than those unnecessary abridged redubs that they were showing on that channel.  And was that Brett doing Mickey?  It didn't sound like it.

(assumes NicKramer was referring to Bret Iwan, the current official voice performer for :mickey: )

If Bret Iwan truly did :mickey: 's voice for "Croissant de Triomphe", he might take what you posted about the voice as a compliment. :)

As for my feelings about the cartoon, I enjoyed it. I was surprised by the style of the artwork before adjusting to it very quickly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:11:25 pm by Mario500 »

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 04:15:47 am »
The new Mickey short is great and a real nice surprise. For anyone that's in the wrong country to see it on the Disney site, it's on YouTube now.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:16 am »
The short is great
Though it needs English subtitles

Reading Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 07:03:16 pm »
The design and energy was fun, but the story lacked. I wonder how well the 7-minute, gag-based Golden Age narrative can ultimately be condensed into the 3 1/2 minutes common today? Hopefully this series will help answer that.

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 09:26:50 pm »
Bumping this thread to say mark you calendars! June 28th is when it all begins!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD1f-w9__4

And notice, not a single Dislike. Not surprising since this is the greatest thing to happen for Mickey in a long time and it goes to show ya; animation on Disney Channel wins again!

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:04 am »

Mario500

• Doing "The Mario" on the keyboard
    • View Profile
    • Television and Radio in Southwest Alabama
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 05:31:22 am »
There have been some votes of "dislike" on the YouTube page with the advertisement for the cartoons ever since your previous post in this discussion, Toonatic.

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:05 am »
If you can't get enough of this stuff, here's some info about the app game (with a bunch of clips):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sUof0WabU&feature=player_embedded

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »
No Service online now!!!:

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2013/06/24/5-problem-solving-lessons-from-the-new-mickey-mouse-short/?cmp=SMC|blgomd|OMDJune|FB|Short-Disney|InHouse|062413|image||esocialmedia|||

My review: Love it! Absolutely love it!  :mickey:

King Delbert

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 06:56:44 pm »
No Service online now!!!:

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2013/06/24/5-problem-solving-lessons-from-the-new-mickey-mouse-short/?cmp=SMC|blgomd|OMDJune|FB|Short-Disney|InHouse|062413|image||esocialmedia|||

My review: Love it! Absolutely love it!  :mickey:

Very clever

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:09 am »
Here's a dailymotion link to No Service (so people outside the US can enjoy it too):

http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/relevance/search/mickey+no+service/1#video=x119ldp