"Gremlins 2" Intro Sequence - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ian L.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:28:41 AM(UTC)
Ian L.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So, the animated intro sequence for Gremlins 2: The New Batch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL-klZaLMmk). Anyone know who animated it? The credits only list Chuck Jones, and the designs certainly carry his style, but I think I spotted Virgil Ross's work in it too (see 0:31 to 0:43). There are a few other styles in this sequence, though I can't place the others.
Toadette  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:49:05 AM(UTC)
Toadette

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 187 post(s)
According to Tom Minton, the "Gremlins 2" sequences were outsourced to a crew not under Jones's control, though unfortunately he didn't reveal any further details in that regard. Here's his original Facebook comment (in response to why Jones made the later sequence in "Stay Tuned"):

"IMO Chuck wanted to put to bed rumors that he'd lost it as the most recent big screen appearance of cartoon animation with his name on it was substandard and had been farmed out to someone else. (The abysmal 2D Looney Tunes character animation in Joe Dante's "Gremlins II.") So Chuck took on "Stay Tooned" and did all the designs, layouts, timing and directing on his own, proving to the world that, as far as those skills were concerned, he still had them. The money was probably decent and it was a class A Hollywood production, so the budget allowed for decent production value."

Perhaps you could ask Minton (or Greg Duffell) for more info.
thanks 1 user thanked Toadette for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 9/7/2017(UTC)