Coding on entry comments - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopKorn Kat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:29:59 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 188 post(s)
I've seen several entries (mostly holdovers from the Disney Shorts website) that have comments that contain links to other entries on this database. How exactly is this done?
Toadette  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:37:27 AM(UTC)
Toadette

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 190 post(s)
I realized a while ago that the database entries are encoded in HTML. I don't know how it was done on the Disney Shorts encyclopedia, but now you'll have to type the raw HTML in your comment if you want a link of any kind to show up. Take this example from my comment (really a nice mini-article from magnil) on the underrated Tales of a Street Corner:

"These "keys" are often comparatively cleaner than their US peers, more like a tie-down / 1st clean-up / semi clean-up drawing in US system (like the 2nd drawing in this <a href="https://johncelestri.blogspot.jp/2011/07/1st-pass-roughs-semi-roughs-clean-ups.html">post</a>, sometimes even close to the 3rd final clean-up drawing)."
thanks 1 user thanked Toadette for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 7/26/2017(UTC)
eutychus  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 12:55:54 AM(UTC)
eutychus

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, WebsiteAdmin
Man
United States

Was thanked: 359 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
I realized a while ago that the database entries are encoded in HTML. I don't know how it was done on the Disney Shorts encyclopedia, but now you'll have to type the raw HTML in your comment if you want a link of any kind to show up. Take this example from my comment (really a nice mini-article from magnil) on the underrated Tales of a Street Corner:

"These "keys" are often comparatively cleaner than their US peers, more like a tie-down / 1st clean-up / semi clean-up drawing in US system (like the 2nd drawing in this <a href="https://johncelestri.blogspot.jp/2011/07/1st-pass-roughs-semi-roughs-clean-ups.html">post</a>, sometimes even close to the 3rd final clean-up drawing)."

That's pretty much it. When I was doing Disney Shorts, I added the links in myself when I saw a title mentioned. You can either do that here or I can put them in if you don't feel comfortable with the coding.