No Looney Tunes Merchandise? - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:31:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Researcher
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Since the middle of this decade, I noticed that many stores where I live (like Wal*Mart, Target, and others) don't carry any Looney Tunes merchandise anymore. I was wondering why, but maybe it's because of the recent Looney Tunes TV series "Wabbit" has been getting low ratings. And most Looney Tunes DVDs and Blu Rays are either only sold online, or are only being sold at bottom of the bargain bends (like Best Buy) for cheap prices.

But I hope this won't last too long, we don't want the Looney Tunes to be forgotten by the general public entirely. Now that Boomerang launched their own streaming service, hopefully the franchise will get back up on their toes with their merchandising back in stores once the remaining episodes of Wabbit season 1 and its second season "New Looney Tunes" are available to watch on the app.
PopKorn Kat  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:02:43 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Just this year I saw a Valentine's Day-themed Pepe Le Pew plushie at a CVS Pharmacy. He talks when you squeeze him. That, and I think the comic book's still running. Heck, they're making "grittier" Looney Tunes comics in the vein of the Hanna-Barbara comics DC's been putting out recently.

Also, I don't think the Looney Tunes will be completely forgotten. The shorts are so influential among all sorts of animators, and the DVDs can still be easily found online. I think the newer generations will learn about the shorts via the older generations.

Edited by user Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:05:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:06:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Have you checked your recent Hallmark store lately?

I was actually thinking of mentioning the itty bittys (which is an odd series of Hallmark stylized licensed characters dolls) mystery eggs during Easter. It's nice that Porky is included, but wouldn't it made more sense to use Tweety instead of Marvin?

And don't remind me of those realistic DC Comics (I swear, if they bring back Loonitics...). They really need to fire "Nasty" Dan Devil. I should be slightly grateful that DC Comics doesn't have the current license to use Columbia's "Fox and Crow" right now.

Edited by user Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:57:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified