Thunderbean's Fleischer Rarities - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 10/18/2045 7:30:21 AM(UTC) ParamountCartoons  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 8:25:40 AM(UTC)
ParamountCartoons

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 297
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
http://cartoonresearch.c...rrytoons-sappy-new-year/



Just wanted to spread the word.......

BTW, steve are all the Paramount era stuff have the original titles? I know "Dancing on the Moon" will.......

PS Steve, don't exhaust yourself......
thanks 2 users thanked ParamountCartoons for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 12/30/2016(UTC), damfino on 1/1/2017(UTC)
User is suspended until 10/18/2045 7:30:21 AM(UTC) ParamountCartoons  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:53:58 AM(UTC)
ParamountCartoons

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 297
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Is anyone going to buy this set?
daffymavman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:59:50 AM(UTC)
daffymavman

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/31/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: West Virginia

Thanks: 1 times
I sure did! I've just spent a bundle on Thunderbean releases, but from what I've read from many sources they are the source for fantastic early animations DVDs.
pseudox  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:51:53 AM(UTC)
pseudox

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 21

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I bought this also, I am a big collector of 20's-40s cartoons, so Thunderbean is usually a must buy.
nickramer  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 11:41:58 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 10/16/2014(UTC)
Posts: 798

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Steve, I got a question about this new release. Since you are planning to release "Mr. Bug Goes to Town" (which is still own by Paramount), will "Fleischer Rarities" have any cartoons that you had to license from Paramount to release (i.e. "Raggedy Ann and Andy")?
damfino  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2017 7:55:30 AM(UTC)
damfino

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 18

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The question shouldn't be is anyone going to buy this, but is there anyone that won't be?
I'm in! Money sent.
Steve Stanchfield  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2017 9:32:45 AM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 235

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nickramer Go to Quoted Post
Steve, I got a question about this new release. Since you are planning to release "Mr. Bug Goes to Town" (which is still own by Paramount), will "Fleischer Rarities" have any cartoons that you had to license from Paramount to release (i.e. "Raggedy Ann and Andy")?



The short answer is that the rarities set isn't licensed from Paramount; our licensing deal is new- and we do hope to release cartoons from Paramount eventually... ;)
thanks 3 users thanked Steve Stanchfield for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 1/1/2017(UTC), PopKorn Kat on 1/1/2017(UTC), dbear on 1/1/2017(UTC)
dbear  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2017 5:16:14 PM(UTC)
dbear

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 194

Thanks: 154 times
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Ordered! Had a blast watching the 3 special discs I got in the mail a few days ago! Absolutely loved the Koko short on the Ragdolls discs and am glad it'll appear on this set cleaned-up (and hopefully non-watermarked Tweety).
Paul Penna  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2017 10:59:41 PM(UTC)
Paul Penna

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 23

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dbear Go to Quoted Post
Ordered! Had a blast watching the 3 special discs I got in the mail a few days ago! Absolutely loved the Koko short on the Ragdolls discs and am glad it'll appear on this set cleaned-up (and hopefully non-watermarked Tweety).


I'm glad to have this version of the transfer, too, showing as it does this phase of sound-on-film technology and how it affected the aspect ratio for a time. Nice historical document.
PopKorn Kat  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 4:12:01 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Joined: 1/29/2015(UTC)
Posts: 881
Woman
United States
Location: Inside a computer (on the West Coast)

Thanks: 654 times
Was thanked: 246 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Money sent!
dbear  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 7:28:02 PM(UTC)
dbear

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 194

Thanks: 154 times
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Penna Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dbear Go to Quoted Post
Ordered! Had a blast watching the 3 special discs I got in the mail a few days ago! Absolutely loved the Koko short on the Ragdolls discs and am glad it'll appear on this set cleaned-up (and hopefully non-watermarked Tweety).


I'm glad to have this version of the transfer, too, showing as it does this phase of sound-on-film technology and how it affected the aspect ratio for a time. Nice historical document.


I took a cursory glance at UCLA's film archive online catalog and noticed they seem to hold a picture negative and a (reissue?) track negative for this particular short:
http://cinema.library.uc...oldingsInfo?bibId=187896
Searching further, I noticed UCLA seem to hold negatives for quite a number of Red Seal distributed Out of the Inkwell shorts, not just the Paramount-owned Inkwell Imps. Is it possible these materials could be accessed someday or are there rights/access issues with the pre-Paramount Inkwell entries?
Tommy Stathes  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 11:47:23 PM(UTC)
Tommy Stathes

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/17/2014(UTC)
Posts: 42
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dbear Go to Quoted Post

Searching further, I noticed UCLA seem to hold negatives for quite a number of Red Seal distributed Out of the Inkwell shorts, not just the Paramount-owned Inkwell Imps. Is it possible these materials could be accessed someday or are there rights/access issues with the pre-Paramount Inkwell entries?


There are cursory Cartoons On Film plans for the pre-Imps.

zurk  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:40:05 AM(UTC)
zurk

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2016(UTC)
Posts: 25

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Another great offer, consider this ordered!
prostx23  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 12:50:51 PM(UTC)
prostx23

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 2

Thanks: 2 times
Hello All,

I preordered this shortly after it was announced, but It's been awhile since I've done a preorder (I'm strictly a Fleischer Studios fan. Looking forward to the Mr Bug set) Does Steve still send out raw transfer discs before the final set has been completed? When I did the preorder for the Gulliver set, I did recieve dvd and HD dics of the raw transfer, then to my suprise, months later, recieved the final retail set in the mail (I was expecting only the raw transfer discs so I was pleasantly suprised) I only ask this as I have yet to receive anything, and a couple of my emails to Steve have gone unanswered (to be fair to Steve, he may not have received them, or is likely incredibly busy so no biggie) So, has anyone been sent anything regarding this set? Mail is kind of sketchy where I live (It's an apartment complex, mistakes get made when the front desk guy sorts mail, and I think some of my neighbors may not be the most honest folk, lol) and I wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,
Mike
bort  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 1:39:10 PM(UTC)
bort

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 28

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: prostx23 Go to Quoted Post
Hello All,

I preordered this shortly after it was announced, but It's been awhile since I've done a preorder (I'm strictly a Fleischer Studios fan. Looking forward to the Mr Bug set) Does Steve still send out raw transfer discs before the final set has been completed? When I did the preorder for the Gulliver set, I did recieve dvd and HD dics of the raw transfer, then to my suprise, months later, recieved the final retail set in the mail (I was expecting only the raw transfer discs so I was pleasantly suprised) I only ask this as I have yet to receive anything, and a couple of my emails to Steve have gone unanswered (to be fair to Steve, he may not have received them, or is likely incredibly busy so no biggie) So, has anyone been sent anything regarding this set? Mail is kind of sketchy where I live (It's an apartment complex, mistakes get made when the front desk guy sorts mail, and I think some of my neighbors may not be the most honest folk, lol) and I wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,
Mike


Steve does sometimes send out "sneak preview" discs for certain releases, but I don't believe this is one of them. You should, however, receive a bonus BD-R when the completed product is mailed out.
thanks 1 user thanked bort for this useful post.
prostx23 on 5/19/2017(UTC)
RandCanuck  
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 12:04:22 PM(UTC)
RandCanuck

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/18/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Canada
Location: SaskaTOON

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't think anything has been sent out. According to this week's "Thunderbean Thursday" post on Cartoon Research, work on the Fleischer set isn't yet completed. I have several "specials" discs and a few preorders awaiting shipment, so I wouldn't worry. To track Steve's progress, you can take a look at his Cartoon Research column, or his thread at the Blu-ray.com forum.
thanks 1 user thanked RandCanuck for this useful post.
prostx23 on 5/19/2017(UTC)
Duck Dodgers  
#17 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 8:31:30 PM(UTC)
Duck Dodgers

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 55

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Please Steve, reply to my PM. I've yet to get some stuff from you, thanks
Elvis Tangerium  
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:16:46 AM(UTC)
Elvis Tangerium

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/23/2015(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States
Location: Chicago

Thanks: 31 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Duck, I'm waiting on 10 orders (plus bonus stuff) going back to July of 2016 (Flip pre-order), so know you're not alone but in good company. And also, that I'm not worried . . . .
Steve Stanchfield  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:13:23 AM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 235

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 125 post(s)
There are so many things in progress right now, and I get a ton of emails daily asking what is out and what isn't yet. I'm trying to respond to all, but really behind, plus there's thinsg people didn't get that are out- so- if you are missing something that you know is out, PLEASE send an email stating what is missing *with* your address... that way I can just print and get it out to you. There are three things I know I still owe IAD forum members currently, tow f the three long standing and finally all set.
Steve Stanchfield  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:16:13 AM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 235

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Duck! Your email box is full and so I can't send a message to you. Please send to steves@thunderbeananimation.com with your address and what you didn't get...
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error