Clark Kent voice change in the Superman cartoons? - Forum.
Einhander
2019-07-04T07:15:20Z
For the Fleischer/Famous cartoons, Clark Kent was voiced by Bud Collyer. However, at the end of "The Mummy Strikes", Clark's voice is noticeably deeper than usual and just different overall. Clark's diffrrent voice also appears in "The Undergtound World" and his one line in "Secret Agent". Does anyone have any information regarding this voice change? This is a topic that has likely never been brought up since I can't find any info on it.
ohmahaaha
2019-07-05T20:35:02Z
It was likely still Bud Collyer, simply effecting a change of tone to convey the difference between Superman and Clark Kent, something he probably originated for radio.
Einhander
2019-07-06T05:55:07Z
Originally Posted by: ohmahaaha 

It was likely still Bud Collyer, simply effecting a change of tone to convey the difference between Superman and Clark Kent, something he probably originated for radio.

I'm well aware of how Bud used 2 voices for Clark and Superman. I'm saying how the Clark Kent voice changed at some point and became much more deeper, even more deeper sounding than Bud's Superman voice.

Here's a comparison of the "This is a job for Superman" line in 2 shorts

Terror On the Midway
Line appears at 5:56

The Underground World
Line appears at 6:35
https://youtu.be/ZmnU8KKNGcU 
Ken Layton
2019-07-06T15:44:50Z
In Underground World, that does not even sound like Bud Collyer's voice. Sounds like a completely different actor.