Author Topic: Welcome to the IAD Forums  (Read 2522 times)

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
Welcome to the IAD Forums
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:44:49 am »
Hello and welcome to the Internet Animation Database Forums.

These forums are brand new. I was considering doing this in the future sometime, but haste was precipitated by the closing of the Termite Terrace Message Boards and the wish for some there to have somewhere else to congregate.

We know that we can't really take their place. When other message boards have gone the way of the dodo, there has been a general diaspora. Some members congregate in one place; others find other things to do. It's difficult to retain the flavor of an old message board in a new one.

Nor is that really our intent at this point. We'll start simply like this and see where it takes us; what new categories we may want to institute; what direction the board will take, and etc.

But for the time being, welcome and I hope yuou enjoy your time here and learn a little something along the way.

Toonatic

• Researchers
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the IAD Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:51:19 am »
And I'm glad to be here!  ;D

Again, wanna thank eutychus for making this forum! Let's be honest, I wasn't going to join the Big Cartoon Forum since some of the topics there (DVD releases mostly) are not up-to-date (no offense to the members. there).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:52:51 am by Toonatic »

Geezil

• "If da Hays Office would only let me...!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:00 pm »
 ;D Well, thank you, eutychus, and hello again, Toonatic!  Looks like I won't have to "go home soon" (per the final scrawling under my GAC avatar) after all.

Feels darned good, too!  Count me in, and here's to a huge & lasting success for this new tooners' destination forum.

Peace out, energy in!!!!!!!

The Geez
P.U.P. Toons© are and always will be Our Toons!

DaffyDave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:57:46 pm »
Thanks eutychus, and hello to all.

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »
Hello, all.

This is LooneyTunerIan from GAC with an idea:

Why don't we move the Termite Terrace Thread, The Looney Bin Thread and the Merry-Go-Round Breakdown Thread, to this new forum?

It'll be just like the old GAC Forums. :)

Tim Lones

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »
Thanks, Eutychus for doing this..and hello everybody..

Ian..It's already been said that the forums at GAC will be preserved anyway..Jon Cooke owns the GAC forums..He'll take care of the posts there..Lets just start anew..Nothing wrong with that..

(BTW, if I am mistaken about any of this, please let me know..)

zavkram

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:59 am »
Well, I guess this is akin to moving into a new apartment or neighborhood... everything seems so strange at first.

I've decided to keep an open mind and hope this Forum will generate some good, meaty cartoon discussions; minus all the drama and nonsense that became so prevalent over at the GAC Forums.

As far as the Big Cartoon Forum goes, I hope that some of you will at least pop over from time to time and give it a shot. If some things are a bit out of date right now that can easily be rectified over time. I plan to try and divide my time equally between there and here.

FleischerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 08:26:28 am »
Wow! What a nice surprise to wake up to on a Sunday morning. I hope everybody makes it over here safely.
"Always pleasant journey which ends among old friends." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

Tim Lones

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 08:35:31 am »
Well, I guess this is akin to moving into a new apartment or neighborhood... everything seems so strange at first.

I've decided to keep an open mind and hope this Forum will generate some good, meaty cartoon discussions; minus all the drama and nonsense that became so prevalent over at the GAC Forums.

Zav,
Nice to see you here too.  While I agree I do'nt like "drama and nonsense", when your dealing with human beings and something like the internet, there's always going to be some of that at one time or another.  The key to minimizing that is by having a good, fair set of rules and a good number  of Moderators, which will come about in time, I am sure..                       

eutychus

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Animation Database
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 12:46:29 pm »
Zav,
Nice to see you here too.  While I agree I do'nt like "drama and nonsense", when your dealing with human beings and something like the internet, there's always going to be some of that at one time or another.  The key to minimizing that is by having a good, fair set of rules and a good number  of Moderators, which will come about in time, I am sure..                       

That's pretty much what I'm going for here. I'm not big on rules and regulations so the better everyone behaves, the less I'll have to impose. Hopefully everyone can keep things fun around here!

Cosmic Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »
Hi everybody.   8)

vdubdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »
[Puff of Smoke] I'm here! I'm here! Let the bells ring and the banners fly! It's too good to be true but I'm here!

All kidding aside, after seeing that I missed the end of GAC forums by a matter of minutes I'm happy to already see some familiar names. At this early point it remains to be seen what will happen with this forum or whatever else Jon and Co. might have up their sleeves, but for now I'm up for anything.

BobThePizzaBoy

• View Profile
    • Brainstorm Studios
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »
Hey everybody! Philo & Gunge from the GAC forums here under my more current name that I use on forums, but you guys can call me John now if you'd like.  ;D It's great to start anew now that the GAC forums are gone for good.
"He's a good ol' slice of pepperoni and cheese!"

Looney Tunes Fan

• Researchers
  • Eh...What's Up Doc?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:27 pm »
Hey,NEW MEMEBER who wanted to be a GAC forums memeber but couldn't due to the forums now being closed!!!! >:( :(  Well,Glad to be here at the new GAC forums,the IAD forums!!!! :) Bye!!!! :)
I love classic cartoons!
25th member of The IAD forums! The NEW GAC forums!  :bugs: :andy: :audrey: :barney: :betty: :bosko: :buddy: :crow: :fox: :magoo: :donald: :fethry: :goofy: :mickey: :minnie: :scrooge: :willy: :ozzie: :woody:

Timber Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »
Thanks! It's nice to see that a lot of former GAC members have already joined this forum. ;D