Monkey Bizness (1930) series animated by Bob and Tom McKimson? - Forum.
PopKorn Kat
2016-04-12T20:37:30Z
Apparently two advertisements for a series called Monkey Bizness were printed in two separate issues of The Hollywood Filmograph in March 1930. The first advertisement is a box reading "Watch for Monkey Bizness" that appears on many of the March 8, 1930 issue's pages. (example )

However, the next issue, published on March 15, 1930, includes a much bigger advertisement--and the short is named, even (The Bull Slinger! https://archive.org/stre...1holl#page/n177/mode/2up  What's even weirder? Bob and Tom McKimson are credited as animators!

It's oddly not mentioned in I Say, I Say...Son!. This would have been in between the brothers' stint at Disney and Romer Grey.

Anyone have any information on this short?
Kristjan
2016-04-13T01:08:29Z
Absolutely no idea, never heard of this series before paging David Gerstein, Tommy Stathes, Steve Stansfield, Jerry Beck
Yowp
2016-04-13T03:58:36Z
Originally Posted by: Kristjan 

Absolutely no idea, never heard of this series before paging David Gerstein, Tommy Stathes, Steve Stansfield, Jerry Beck

Even Mike Barrier's interview with McKimson makes no mention of this and I don't see anything in his book.

I don't want to go with "I read somewhere that they had their own little studio before going to H-I" but it seems to be I did read it somewhere.

This is a very interesting find. Well done.

Yowp